ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Applied on 04/04/12

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tazboys
Newly Registered

Post by tazboys » Wed May 23, 2012 3:33 pm

I did postal order so cannot track it unfortunately. Hopefully I will receive it ASAP. Thanks

tazboys
Newly Registered

Post by tazboys » Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 pm

I have just called border agency and they told me that it is not being recorded yet and I can see my application received by Dunham office 05/04/2012. They said as long as i have my delivery of proof I need to wait. What do you suggest me to do now?

Thanks,

mtakabaev
Newly Registered

Post by mtakabaev » Wed May 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Applied on 2nd April.
Received the acknowledgement letter dated 1st May on 4th May.
Waiting for biometrics invitation letter...

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Just got another update. I got my university to contact UKBA again and find out what's going on. Apparently they have told that it will take a couple of weeks to have the PSW application sent from Durham (fees team) to Sheffield (caseworker team). The reason that my application is not showing on their system may be that it is still on the way to Sheffield, and therefore the application details have not yet been logged on in their system! This all sounds to me like we are in the stone ages. At least it is a relief to get to know some information. So for people out there who are waiting for the biometrics letter I assume we all in the same boat. Let's hope that our applications will arrive in sheffield soon.

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 23, 2012 5:00 pm

tazboys wrote:I have just called border agency and they told me that it is not being recorded yet and I can see my application received by Dunham office 05/04/2012. They said as long as i have my delivery of proof I need to wait. What do you suggest me to do now?

Thanks,
When I was in your situation I made a complaint and still waiting for their "findings". There is really nothing you could do, all you can do is to make a complaint. Not sure whether that will help your application in any way but I thought it would at least be an eye opener and will make a difference to other applicants in the future. So it is up to you.

This is what I wrote to them if that helps...

I posted a Tier 1 PSW visa application on the 4th April 2012 (Royal mail recorded delivery number xxxxxxxx). However, to date I have not received an acknowledgement letter of receipt of the application. Therefore, the only reference number relating to the application that I have to hand, is the Royal mail reference number given above. In the past, I have received acknowledgement letters of receipt usually within one week or maximum ten days from posting the application. When a visa adviser at my university contacted the UK border agency two weeks ago she was told that there is a delay in your charge system and my application was not noted on your system at the time, which was causing the delay in sending out this letter. Does the fact that I have not received the letter yet means, that this is still the case?

It has been over a month since my application was sent out to the UK border agency, and if an application is not even noted on your system after a month of receipt means that your service standards are unacceptable, especially considering the amount of money you charge for processing applications. This also leads one to ask the fare question whether the ever-increasing visa application fees are justifiable by the service standards you really provide. Have the service standards been improved in parallel to the increment in fees? As a person who has experienced your service in the past on several occasions I haven’t experienced major improvements to your service at least in the visa categories I had applied other than changes in the format of applications and the immigration rules. This is not the first time I have experienced delays with your systems and this situations is really frustrating as this initial delay means that everything down the line of the process is going to be affected because as far as I am aware the UK border agency does not process an application until the fees are collected.

Since I posted my application through the university, I have some help from my visa advisers in terms of finding out the status of my application. Therefore, I am a little more privileged compared to others who might not necessarily have the same help as my self and are not even able to find out about the status of their application until 6 months has elapsed since sending out the application. If there is such a delay then this situation should at least be updated on your website which has not been the case as far as I am aware.

Having completed my PhD recently this situation clearly does not help me with my job search or job offers, as employers usually want to see my entitlement to work in the U.K before they make a firm offer and before I can start working. Does this delay means that I need to be unemployed for what ever the time it is going to take UKBA to make a decision on my application? In your website it says that 75% of the Tire1 PSW applications are decided within 4 weeks. Given the current situation, I assume that my application falls into the remaining 25% category but are you at least able to provide a maximum time it might take to make a decision on my application, which in my opinion would be a more helpful figure to know.

In summary I am not at all satisfied with the service I have received from the UK border agency so far with regards my current Tire 1 PSW application. I would be very grateful if you could let me know the current situation of my application, and let me know approximately when I could expect to get a decision on my application so that I can plan out my future with a little more certainty. If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on this email address or on my mobile which is xxxxxxxx.

tazboys
Newly Registered

Post by tazboys » Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 pm

@manex Thanks, I sent the complaint letter you gave to me. Hope I will get some kind of answer from them. Will let you know about the situation.

manex

Post by manex » Thu May 24, 2012 12:25 pm

tazboys wrote:@manex Thanks, I sent the complaint letter you gave to me. Hope I will get some kind of answer from them. Will let you know about the situation.
Hope you updated it to reflect your own circumstances :)

tazboys
Newly Registered

Post by tazboys » Thu May 24, 2012 12:47 pm

It was almost same :) so did not need to change so many stuff.
manex wrote:
tazboys wrote:@manex Thanks, I sent the complaint letter you gave to me. Hope I will get some kind of answer from them. Will let you know about the situation.

manex

Post by manex » Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Guys, received my biometrics letter today and already given them! :D. How about others ?

shabiumer
Newly Registered

Post by shabiumer » Sat May 26, 2012 9:23 pm

[quote="manex"]Guys, received my biometrics letter today and already given them! :D. How about others ?[/quote

very quick... congrates dude... I think ukba must have speedup their system. I made on 5th of april ... hopefully we all who made application on 5th will get within couple of weeks. fingre cross

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:33 am

manex wrote:Guys, received my biometrics letter today and already given them! :D. How about others ?
I applied on 2nd April, havn't got Biom letter, might i need to give em a wake-up call too. :x
N/A

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyglitz » Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 am

manex wrote:Guys, received my biometrics letter today and already given them! :D. How about others ?
Hi there, when did you post your application??

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
I applied on 2nd April, havn't got Biom letter, might i need to give em a wake-up call too. :x
Hey did you try to call the UKBA? I have no luck so far in getting in touch with them, no one picks up the phone. A friend of mine who applied on the 28th of March and got acknowledgement dated 18/04/2012 got his letter on 18/05/2012, exactly a month after the payment was taken. My acknowledgement letter is dated 25/04/2012 but I still have not got my biometric letter. There are others also in the same situation, looks like the UKBA have gone on a week's break or something. If any of you receive you biometric letter please update us here.

Thanks,
Shreyas.

manex

Post by manex » Wed May 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Vickyglitz wrote:
I applied on the 4th of April.

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyglitz » Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 am

manex wrote:
Vickyglitz wrote:
I applied on April 3rd and have still not received a biometric invitation. I got the acknowledgement dated 2nd May on the 6th of May :(

gr8ali
Newly Registered

Post by gr8ali » Thu May 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Vickyglitz wrote:
manex wrote:
Vickyglitz wrote:
I applied on April 3rd and have still not received a biometric invitation. I got the acknowledgement dated 2nd May on the 6th of May :(
do not worry guyz... i applied on 31st march and most of my frnds also applied more or less on the same date as mine and still haven't received bio invitation... my timeline is:
application sent: 31st march
application received by HO: 2nd april
ack letter received: 28th april dated 25th april
nothing since after that..

manex

Post by manex » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Has anyone else applied in April got their biometric letters yet ?

qqfung
Newly Registered

Post by qqfung » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:01 pm

No, I haven't.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

manex wrote:Has anyone else applied in April got their biometric letters yet ?
I applied at 2 April haven't received biom letter at all. I made a call to UKBA and been told to wait or make a complaint or whatever.
N/A

manex

Post by manex » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
I applied at 2 April haven't received biom letter at all. I made a call to UKBA and been told to wait or make a complaint or whatever.
Really? That's not helpful at all. Didn't you ask whether they could raise a request to send out the biometric invitation letter ? They do that usually as long as they can find your reference number on their system. Suggest try again with another agent to see if he/she would be more helpful.

manex

Post by manex » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 pm

tazboys wrote:It was almost same :) so did not need to change so many stuff.
manex wrote:
@tazboys - have you received any sort of a response to your complaint yet ? It would be interesting to know. I received a response to my complaint recently and looks like it has expedited issuing the biometric invitation letter because in their response to my complaint they've mentioned that "as a way forward we have issued a biometric invitation letter", which I did receive on the 26 th May.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:55 am

manex wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
Really? That's not helpful at all. Didn't you ask whether they could raise a request to send out the biometric invitation letter ? They do that usually as long as they can find your reference number on their system. Suggest try again with another agent to see if he/she would be more helpful.
Well, I know my ref number, however she said there is nothing she can do at all. I have to wait. They dont have such facility by which they can send me Biom letter on my phone call, however they suggested; feel free to make a complaint. :cry:
N/A

manex

Post by manex » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:06 am

Tier 4 wrote:
manex wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
Well I know my ref number, however she said there is nothing she can do at all. I have to wait. They dont have such facility which can send me Biom letter on my phone call, however they suggested me; feel free to make a complaint. :cry:
@ Tier 4 - That can't be right. When I called them before getting my letter, they said that they can raise a query to issue the biometric letter. However, at the time they couldn't find my reference number on their system and they couldn't do it only because of that. I also saw on other threads that some people (people like you who have waited nearly two months) have got the biometric letter issued this way. So try again with another agent to see whether he/she tells the same thing. Did you choose the biometric appointments option when you called ?

manex

Post by manex » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 am

This is the reason that I made a complaint while I was waiting for my acknowledgement letter which took over a month. Since the complaints procedure also takes some time I thought I should start it early as possible:)

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:18 am

manex wrote: Did you choose the biometric appointments option when you called ?
Yep, its was option 4 and then 1 ......... for biometrics
N/A