ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancée doubts.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cissarego
Newly Registered

Fiancée doubts.

Post by cissarego » Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Im sorry if theres something similar but I really couldnt find anything and I am desperate for help.

My name is Cecilia.
I am Brazilian and am engaged to an English citizen.
Her name is Leanne.
We want to apply for the fiancée visa to get our civil partnership done as soon as I arrive in the UK.

We've known each other for over a year now and been together in person twice. She came to visit me in Brazil and stayed fot 21 days and I came to the UK and stayed 78 days.

Other than that, we dont have many emails or skype logs cos neither of us had the habit of saving logs. I do have logs saved since last october I think, cos only then we thought about living together as civil partners in the UK. I have just a couple emails, silly things with 'i love you' etc...
We don't have telephone bills cos we dont use telephone since we have Skype.

We will live in the house she lives now. Its owned by her father and we are even building another bedroom (the house has 2 bedrooms already) to be comfier for after I move there. She has her passaport and driver licence showing that address. She is a research analyst and makes around £800 per month and we lived out of this money for 2 months and it was pretty well since we dont pay rent. We also are setting an online business but we dont have income from it yet cos is new, but is likely to give us good funds but I dont know if we should use this as funds proof. I am a graphic designer and have my diplomas and letters from people with whom I worked, showing im capable of having a job or work as freelancer after getting the civil partner visa.

We also have photographs together in places we went but not many cos we didnt know we need so many things to prove our relationship is real, we even have a dog together, and I had to leave him with her when I returned to Brazil from the UK. and letters from family and friends talking about us and our relationship. We will as well write our own letters.

Neither of us were married previously and we are both over 21.
I sent an email to Bournemouth and Poole registers office asking about appointments to get the civil partnership done, so as soon as I have something I'll attatch to the folder as well, as proof that we will get the civil partnership done within 6 months.

We can get statements of her bank and employer and her pay slips. As well as documents showing that the house belongs to her father and she just got registered there again (cos she was living at her mums and moved to her dads as soon as we decided to live together cos he invited us to live there with him) and it has room enough for us both.

I do have my IELTS results higher than A1 level.

We only want not to have to say goodbye again cos its too painful. We love each other and want to get married and be together. Nothing more.

Do you think this is enough? What else do we might need?

Thank you very much in advance!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm

It sounds as though you have thought of everything. Her parents will need to provide proof that they own their accommodation, and that it will not be overcrowded and that they permit you to live their in a room that is for your (meaning the couple's) exclusive use. Normally the land deeds or mortgage plan will cover this requirement. A couple of photos of the interior will help to show the general size and layout. Boa sorte!

badger111

Re: Fiancée doubts.

Post by badger111 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:15 pm

cissarego wrote:Im sorry if theres something similar but I really couldnt find anything and I am desperate for help.

My name is Cecilia.
I am Brazilian and am engaged to an English citizen.
Her name is Leanne.
We want to apply for the fiancée visa to get our civil partnership done as soon as I arrive in the UK.

We've known each other for over a year now and been together in person twice. She came to visit me in Brazil and stayed fot 21 days and I came to the UK and stayed 78 days.

Other than that, we dont have many emails or skype logs cos neither of us had the habit of saving logs. I do have logs saved since last october I think, cos only then we thought about living together as civil partners in the UK. I have just a couple emails, silly things with 'i love you' etc...
We don't have telephone bills cos we dont use telephone since we have Skype.

We will live in the house she lives now. Its owned by her father and we are even building another bedroom (the house has 2 bedrooms already) to be comfier for after I move there. She has her passaport and driver licence showing that address. She is a research analyst and makes around £800 per month and we lived out of this money for 2 months and it was pretty well since we dont pay rent. We also are setting an online business but we dont have income from it yet cos is new, but is likely to give us good funds but I dont know if we should use this as funds proof. I am a graphic designer and have my diplomas and letters from people with whom I worked, showing im capable of having a job or work as freelancer after getting the civil partner visa.

We also have photographs together in places we went but not many cos we didnt know we need so many things to prove our relationship is real, we even have a dog together, and I had to leave him with her when I returned to Brazil from the UK. and letters from family and friends talking about us and our relationship. We will as well write our own letters.

Neither of us were married previously and we are both over 21.
I sent an email to Bournemouth and Poole registers office asking about appointments to get the civil partnership done, so as soon as I have something I'll attatch to the folder as well, as proof that we will get the civil partnership done within 6 months.

We can get statements of her bank and employer and her pay slips. As well as documents showing that the house belongs to her father and she just got registered there again (cos she was living at her mums and moved to her dads as soon as we decided to live together cos he invited us to live there with him) and it has room enough for us both.

I do have my IELTS results higher than A1 level.

We only want not to have to say goodbye again cos its too painful. We love each other and want to get married and be together. Nothing more.

Do you think this is enough? What else do we might need?

Thank you very much in advance!
Dear Cecilia,

It seems that you know most of the things to do, but you should check UKBA website just to make sure you have got everything in mind. Also, DO NOT COME to UK without fiancee visa. First step you need to do is to go to the British Embassy in Brazil and apply for that visa. After that you can come to UK and enter civil partnership!

Please take this very seriously because border agency will send you back to Brazil from the airport on the first avalible flight to Brazil!

So step number 1. is to apply for Fiancee visa at British Embassy in Brazil. Make sure you collect ALL the documents, and your partner will have to send many documents herself, or come to Brazil and bring them with her. After you get that visa, and I don't think it should be a problem, you can come to UK and enter Civil Partnership.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Sun May 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Dear Cecilia,

It seems that you know most of the things to do, but you should check UKBA website just to make sure you have got everything in mind. Also, DO NOT COME to UK without fiancee visa. First step you need to do is to go to the British Embassy in Brazil and apply for that visa. After that you can come to UK and enter civil partnership!

Please take this very seriously because border agency will send you back to Brazil from the airport on the first avalible flight to Brazil!

So step number 1. is to apply for Fiancee visa at British Embassy in Brazil. Make sure you collect ALL the documents, and your partner will have to send many documents herself, or come to Brazil and bring them with her. After you get that visa, and I don't think it should be a problem, you can come to UK and enter Civil Partnership.
No I won't go before getting the visa!!!
I have another doubt. The letters from family and friends, should they be typed or handwritten?
Another thing is: can my partner send me all documents necesary by post and i apply here or she will have to send the documents directly to the embassy?
thank you again!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun May 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Can be either. I assume you are referring to the sponsorship letter from her parents (WRT accommodation)? If you are then that can be written or typed and there is no need for it to be certified.

Letters from friends and family that support the application (but are not related to maintenance and accommodation) are only of marginal value and can be provided if there is an element of doubt that your relationship. They are not pivotal in an application decision.

You will be applying on-line and then attending a visa application center in Rio, SP or Brasilia with all of your supporting paperwork.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
Last edited by Lucapooka on Sun May 27, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Sun May 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Another doubt i have is, if theres really not a problem that we dont have skype logs (cos skype dont save logs older than 30 days) and emails? I have a screen cap of one of the calls we had that was 25 hour long, i took it just for fun, and i have all logs from Whatsapp on idiot-phone, but nothing one year old actually.... Cos we simply didn't think about it... And we definitely dont send emails or calls to each other cos it makes no sense! We have skype on 24/7 with video call, we even sleep with skype call on...

Oh man i'm so scared....

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun May 27, 2012 1:48 pm

None of this is mandatory and if you don't have it you can't provide it. You submit whatever evidence you have of your on-going contact.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Sun May 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Lucapooka wrote:None of this is mandatory and if you don't have it you can't provide it. You submit whatever evidence you have of your on-going contact.
I understand that.

So, we have our passaport stamps and plane tickets from her visit to brazil and my visit to the uk, reciepts of gifts we gave to each other (including the engagement ring she gave me), letter from bank and her payslips for the period i cannot work, and i have my design dipplomas and letters form previous employers showing i can work when allowed.

Many photographs together and a few with friends.

The thing is, she moved to her dads pretty recentrly, just because he invited us to live there, where theres space enough for us, a room that is exclusively ours and etc. So, her bank letters and the reciepts of the presents i gave her are all adressed to her mums.

How should i do then? Should her write a letter explaining all this and send as well her fathers letter proving he invited us to live there and etc? (we have document showing the house is his)

We also have a couple emails, a couple prints of long skype calls, a couple tumblr private messages and lots of whatsapp log, which id hat to take screencap and organise into a file by date. should i just put some of it or ll of it or shouldnt i put it at all?

Thank you again!

badger111

Post by badger111 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:21 pm

cissarego wrote:
Dear Cecilia,

No I won't go before getting the visa!!!
I have another doubt. The letters from family and friends, should they be typed or handwritten?
Another thing is: can my partner send me all documents necesary by post and i apply here or she will have to send the documents directly to the embassy?
thank you again!!
She needs to send documents to you, and when you collect everything then you go to the embassy. Also, I think Brazil is on the list of countries where people who apply for a visa do it on line, so you will have to fill the form on UKBA website, and after you do that you will have to book an appointment.
If you have photos, plane tickets, and stamps in the passports you do not need anything else to prove your relationship. This will be enough so do not worry.
All the letters shoud be typed, but signed by the people who wrote them. Aside your partner, I think it would be great if her parents write a letter as well.
Do not worry, you will get fiancee visa, but you have to make sure you have all the documents.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Mon May 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Do you think that the fact that shes on £11,230 (without tax and overtime, she does oertime very often so it increases this value) per year will be a problem?
i read that minimum would be 13.700 but on her job without overtime is 11.230.
We are setting up an online business so this should increase however i dont think it will be ready by the time i apply.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Tue May 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Also, about the photographs, what should i write behind each photographs? Date? Place where it was taken? Do i have to explain the situation, like "We went for a walk in the park..." ot just date and place and whos in the picture (we have a few photos with friends)

And, about the reciepts of gifts we sent to each other (and the reciept of the engagement ring she bought me), is it a problem if theyre all from the internet? I mean, we bought all online and got delivered to each others houses in brazil and england, can i just print the email from the store?

Thank you!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 29, 2012 9:04 pm

You don't have to write anything and to do so would be quite odd. Why would you send receipts of gifts. None of this necessary. Perhaps you have read too many forums where inappropriate comments are not challenged and therefore gain credence.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Tue May 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You don't have to write anything and to do so would be quite odd. Why would you send receipts of gifts. None of this necessary. Perhaps you have read too many forums where inappropriate comments are not challenged and therefore gain credence.
Oh...
Well, this is what i have so far:

From my partner:

- Certified copy of passaport main page
- certified copy of passaport brazil stamp
- boarding card london - são paulo
- boarding card são paulo - london
- bank statements 6 months
- bank letter about your incomes and address change
- payslips 6 months
- employer letter about job and explaining payrise
- mortage statements in case the house is still being paid
- certificate or whatever documents that proves the house is her dad's in case is fully paid
- letter from council about house not being overcrowded with one more person
- letter from her dad saying he is the owner of the house and invited us to live with him and charging us a symbolic rent of 150 pounds including all maintenence costs
- photographs of the house and the room that will be exclusively ours
- letter from her talking about her earnings, she can mention the shop as well, and how we gonna have more than 700 pounds after acomodation and mainenence things are paid and how we lived for almost 3 months with this money and it was ok as well as talking about our relationship and talking about how she moved from your mums to your dads. (A supporting letter from your partner which anchors the chronology and facts and details of your relationship to the immigration rules for the visa that you are applying for. Cover future plans, hopes, dreams, this can include personal and career goals for you when you get here and any joint goals.)
- appointment document at the registers office fot the civil partner registration (we didint set the date yet but will be within 6 months from when i apply for the visa)
- reciepts for the ring and gifts. - is this necessary?
- the letter i sent her (only time i used actual post, is it necessary?)

from me:
- my reciepts of gifts i sent her - is it necessary?
- boarding card são paulo - london
- boarding card london - sao paulo
- diplomas and letters from previous employers
- passaport and previous passaport
- prints of sms and copies of mobile bills showing i sent international sms - is it necessary?

And we also have more than 50 photographs with each other and friends.

What else do i need? Please, help!!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 29, 2012 9:22 pm

You really don't need anything else (and you could provide less but if you are not familiar with the process I would suggest leave it be) but you so seem to have omitted the very important English language cert. from an approved test provider.

You will have to translate your Portuguese paperwork so the less you show the less it will cost you. Receipts, diplomas and previous work letter is not relevant.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Tue May 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You really don't need anything else (and you could provide less but if you are not familiar with the process I would suggest leave it be) but you so seem to have omitted the very important English language cert. from an approved test provider.
Oh my God of course!!
I'm taking the IELTS test on june 30th and it will be fine. So i suppose i'll be applying around july 20th or so.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Your English is good so I don't doubt you will pass it, but IELTS tests to a minimum of B1 so you will need to pass at least that level (4.0 in speaking and listening) to get the certification even though you only need an A1 level of English for the actual visa. You can take a simpler KET at Cultura Inglesa and pass at A1 to achieve the same goal.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Tue May 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Your English is good so I don't doubt you will pass it, but IELTS tests to a minimum of B1 so you will need to pass at least that level (4.0 in speaking and listening) to get the certification even though you only need an A1 level of English for the actual visa. You can take a simpler KET at Cultura Inglesa and pass at A1 to achieve the same goal.
I know but the KET takes at least 3 months to send me the certificate and UKBA asks for the certificate. The IELTS however, send me the reports, which is exactly what the UKBA asks within 15 days.

Many people told me i can reach the score of 4.0 with my english levels. You think it's hard? Is there any other test that gives me results sooner?

Also, about my telephone bills, they are all in portuguese. Do i have to get them translated? And how does this work?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm

No, you don't need to translate your phone bills.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Tue May 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Lucapooka wrote:No, you don't need to translate your phone bills.
What about the English test? You think I should take the easier one?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Take the one you know you will pass and emit the relevant paperwork in the most rapid and expedient way.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Wed May 30, 2012 2:07 pm

What would be evidence that we intent to get civil partnershio done within 6 months: Cos i contacted a registers office at the town we gonna live and they said they don't make any appointments without the visa, but to get the visa i need the evidence. If not the appointment, what else could be this evidence?

And, what is evidence that we intent to live together after the civil partnership is done? Is it the same paperwork we have to prove acomodation?

Thank you!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 30, 2012 5:33 pm

cissarego wrote: Cos i contacted a registers office at the town we gonna live and they said they don't make any appointments without the visa, but to get the visa i need the evidence.
That's fine. Use that letter or email as proof of your enquiry.

SET2.18 What evidence is required of arrangements for civil partnership?
The ECO needs to be satisfied that:

it is intended that a civil partnership will take place in the UK.
The law relating to civil partnership in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK. Of itself, a booking at a Register Office is not proof that a civil partnership will take place.

The civil partnership provisions for persons subject to immigration control are exactly the same as those already in place for spouses. People subject to immigration control who wish to give notice of a civil partnership will need to do so together at a Register Office designed for that purpose. A list of all these offices is available at www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk.

When the couple give notice, they will be required to produce one of the following:

entry clearance granted to form a civil partnership
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK.
The ECO can reasonably expect the couple to have made some tentative plans for the civil partnership. Any evidence that may be available that civil partnership arrangements are in hand may help in this respect.

badger111

Post by badger111 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:03 pm

cissarego wrote:What would be evidence that we intent to get civil partnershio done within 6 months: Cos i contacted a registers office at the town we gonna live and they said they don't make any appointments without the visa, but to get the visa i need the evidence. If not the appointment, what else could be this evidence?

And, what is evidence that we intent to live together after the civil partnership is done? Is it the same paperwork we have to prove acomodation?

Thank you!
You cannot do anything about civil partnership before you get fiancee visa, and before you come to the UK. So do not contact registers office because they cannot do anything about it. Fiancee visa itself is a guarantee that you will enter civil partnership. That is why it is only valid for 6 months anyway.

cissarego
Newly Registered

Post by cissarego » Thu May 31, 2012 6:02 pm

Guys, I just found this online:
"Did you know that approximately 61% of UK Visas are refused when applicants apply by themselves?"

Does this make sense? Cos me and my partner don't have money to use one of those immigration lawyers, they charge over £700 for the process. So we are researching and trying to clarify doubts and etc the most we can. You think that the fact we are doing by ourselves will be a problem?

Thenk you again!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 31, 2012 6:17 pm

And this quote was from an immigration consultants firm I presume...

Did you know that your car engine performance would increase by 70% if you use our product?

Did you know that 61.43% of men lose their hair before the age of 40?

Did you know that you could earn 10K a month from working 2 hours a day from home?