ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for mother-in-law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

visa for mother-in-law

Post by krssubbu » Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 pm

hi,

i am on ilr in the UK. my wfe and child is in india and theyapplied for ilr dependant visa and they got it now :). my mother in law wants to come with my wife and child. what visa do i need to sponser for my mother in law (she is not coming to look after my child - just to visit uk)

and i went through ukba website and saw this for family visitor :

To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:

* your husband, wife, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin (the son or daughter of your uncle or aunt);
* the father, mother, brother or sister of your husband, wife or civil partner;
* the husband, wife or civil partner of your son or daughter;
* your stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; and/or
* a person who has lived with you as an unmarried couple for at least 2 of the 3 years before the day when you apply for entry clearance.

so would i be able to sponser for my mother-in-law as its not mentioned above. so what sort of visa is needed for sponser for my mother in law ?

and also what docs do i need to show from here ?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: visa for mother-in-law

Post by Lucapooka » Sun May 27, 2012 1:25 pm

* the husband, wife or civil partner of your son or daughter;

That appears to be you!

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Sun May 27, 2012 1:30 pm

oh ok thanks !!!

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon May 28, 2012 4:06 pm

hi,

Could you please let me know how wha docs do i need for my mother-in-law ? also is scanned copies accepable? and is it better to say that my mother in law is accompanying my wife and child or will it be a drawback as the home office would think she is coming to take care of my child which requires a different visa (she is just coming for a couple of months)

another thing is third party accmodatiuon (friends place) accepatable for my mother in law as i just live in a studio flat (its quite big) but home office would not accept it)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!