ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working holiday maker visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baskey

Working holiday maker visa

Post by baskey » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:52 am

Hi,

My nephew wants to apply for WHM visa. He is an Indian, going to apply from VFS chennai. He is currently running his own business.He has sufficient funds, assets to show on his own. I am working under HSMP and not sure whether my sponsor letter would really help him in getting the visa, if not help it shouldn't be negative to him as his close relative is there in the UK, so ECO shouldn't suspect about his returnability. We are planning to attach following documents,

List of documents attached:

1. Passport
2. Duly filled in application form
3. Passport size photograph – 2Nos.

From the Sponsor

4. Sponsor letter
5. Photocopies of the relevant pages of the passport.
6. The official copy of land registry for home ownership
7. Council tax bill
8. Utility bills
9. Letter from the employer
10. Bank statement
11. Pay slips for last six months

From the applicant

12. Deed of Business Partnership
13. Copy of registration
14. Property Documents
15. Fixed Deposit Receipts for about £10K
16. Business A/C’s 6 months statement
17. Latest Income Tax Returns

Could any one comment on it please.

Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:24 pm

From what people have posted here and from what I've heard from people who have applied for working holiday visas, your nephew should leave the entry clearance officer at the embassy in no doubt that he fully intends to return to India after his stay in the UK.

A sponsor letter for a working holiday visa is probably not a good idea because it will make your nephew appear as if he does not have enough of his own resources to sustain himself in the UK. A major requirement when applying for a working holiday visa is that you have enough of your OWN, emphasis on own, funds to support yourself once you arrive in the UK. I've heard stories of people who have been rejected for working holiday visas because their bank statements clearly showed evidence of recent large deposits from parents or other friends in an attempt to make their available appear larger. This was in South Africa, so I suspect it would be the same, if not stricter, in India. The moral of the story appears to be that you need to demonstrate that you are self-sufficient.

So I think to be on the safe side you would not want to get too involved in your nephews working holiday visa application.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

antontony

Post by antontony » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:36 pm

The refusal rate is about 90 %...

To start with, let him apply for just 6 months as a Working Holidaymaker as 2 years is really a huge period.

If he gets his WHM visa for 6 months, he will then be able to extend it further or switch into other immigration categories.

2 year WHM application is, unfortunately, likely to be refused, for an indian national...

Regards,

Anton