ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fedupwaitingtoo
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M

Post by fedupwaitingtoo » Wed May 23, 2012 8:05 pm

2222 wrote:Any FLR M Visa through or not yet? Updates please......
Hi No news on my application nothing from UKBA since March 13th. Spoke with MP office they had converssation which basically said wait in the queue. Did email to Teresa May office. Did have reply after 2 days asking for info. That was Monday this week.

Still waiting.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Still no word

Post by AngieLynn09 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:34 am

Still haven't heard anything. If we don't hear anything by Monday, we're going to ask the MP to contact UKBA again, just to keep on them.

Applied: 22/01/12
Returned as invalid: 22/02/12
Fiance visa expired: 22/02/12
Fresh out of time application made: 28/02/12
Acknowledgement letter: Dated 01/03/12
Biometrics letter: Dated 22/03/12
Biometrics enrolled: 26/03/12
MP contacted UKBA, told "case is awaiting caseworker decision" and to mail them two new passport photos: 16/05/12
Mailed photos: 17/05/12
Photos delivered to UKBA 18/05/12

Anyone else have good news?!

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu May 24, 2012 11:16 am

Gave in and emailed my MP today, will let you guys know what they say....

Documents sent 3rd March
Biometrics submittes 31st March
Still waiting...

Richman
Newly Registered

Spouse application FLR (M) waiting times

Post by Richman » Thu May 24, 2012 5:44 pm

I really dont understand how UKBA operates. These are my timelines for my application. MP advised there is no timeline as to when UKBA can make a decision on marriage applications. However, she advised that UKBA should make a decision within 6 months though they may take longer in complicated cases. In terms of employment, MP said that the employers have a hotline/email where they can check immigrant status. Employers MUST allow a person to work unless advised otherwise by UKBA.
See below;
Application submitted: 25th January 2012.
Acknowledgement letter dated 31st Jan received: 3rd February 2012.
Biometrics letter received: 10th March 2012
Biometrics submitted: 12th March 2012 @ Golders Green Postoffice.
Passport received from UKBA: Still waiting
Biometrics ID received: Still waiting

bobobo

Re: MPs office

Post by bobobo » Thu May 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Finally received a letter from my MP, saying
"I have contacted UKBA and have been advised that it is only able to give more priority to a case with exceptional circumstances otherwise it will deal with them in due course, bearing in mind the exigencies of volume of cases and resources available

I do hope UKBA will soon be dealing withh your application and reaching a decision on your application"

Bottom line - Not comforting at all, even more furious than before dont know exactly what the UKBA are up to if they are lagging behind then get people working over weekends and clearing the back log, tyical civial servant attitude with a secure job and pension they just cant be arsed to get things moving
and cons-libs want to get rid of more people, what a pair of numb nuts.....
bobobo wrote:Just to update - I did send an email to my MP who cam eback to me around 9.30pm and said that he would make enquiries with the HO and would cc me in them, so now just have to wait and watch to see what happens.

viking12 wrote:Yes that looks about right. The email I sent off also had the parliment suffix.

Also, if they dont get back in touch with you in a few days, pop them a reminder. Thats what I did :)

bobobo wrote:Thanks, the email I have been given is xxxxxxxx@parliament.uk, not sure if this is for the constituency

viking12 wrote:
Hi,

Sent the constituency an email and also left them a voice mail by phone. They were very quick to get back to me. Email was a lot faster I have to say.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 am

I received a very similar response from my MP today. It's ridiculous.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri May 25, 2012 1:30 pm

I am starting to think do the MP's actually contact the HO or is this more of a studied sob that they repeat to anyone who asks them to contact the HO. I have my reservations....
AngieLynn09 wrote:I received a very similar response from my MP today. It's ridiculous.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:01 pm

bobobo wrote:I am starting to think do the MP's actually contact the HO or is this more of a studied sob that they repeat to anyone who asks them to contact the HO. I have my reservations....
AngieLynn09 wrote:I received a very similar response from my MP today. It's ridiculous.
In my case, I know that they did contact the HO, because the contact them last week and were told that we needed to send another set of photographs. This was just the response they got when they asked for a second update today. I think the UKBA doesn't give the MP's much more info then they give us.

fedupwaitingtoo
Newly Registered

Post by fedupwaitingtoo » Fri May 25, 2012 6:53 pm

AngieLynn09 wrote:
bobobo wrote:I am starting to think do the MP's actually contact the HO or is this more of a studied sob that they repeat to anyone who asks them to contact the HO. I have my reservations....
In my case, I know that they did contact the HO, because the contact them last week and were told that we needed to send another set of photographs. This was just the response they got when they asked for a second update today. I think the UKBA doesn't give the MP's much more info then they give us.
Have to agree here. I do know my MPs office spoke to UKBA. It does eem we are all getting a standard letter to those who contact through their MP. I intend sending another email to Teresa May office.

onshore-offshore
Newly Registered

Query for FLR(M)

Post by onshore-offshore » Sat May 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi all and everyone.
Like the rest of you all i have sent in my Wife Application FLR(M) to HO,
Following is the Movement record
Application FLR(M) Posted - 10th April, 2012
Ackn Received Fee Deducted - 25th April, 2012
Biometric Letter Received - 30th April, 2012
Biometric Taken at Local PO - 30th April, 2012
Further updates - Waiting / Pending

Can anyone help me with the duration updates with the above time scale please.
Thanks.

Post by 2222 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Straight forward case:
Application FLR(M) Posted - 27th Feb, 2012
Ackn letter - I didn't get one.
Biometric Letter Received - 16th March, 2012
Biometric Taken - 28th March, 2012
Further updates - Waiting / Pending

Any one got Visa yet? Updates please.

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Sun May 27, 2012 11:39 am

Hi 2222,
still waiting here, similar timeline to you - applied 3rd March, biometrics 31st March....

tcbrasil

My timeline

Post by tcbrasil » Sun May 27, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm waiting since 28th Feb, that it's when I submitted my biometrics.

waitwaitwait

Waiting

Post by waitwaitwait » Sun May 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Waiting since 8feb.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

nholler
Newly Registered

Waiting

Post by nholler » Mon May 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi, I'm in a similar position as most here. I've been waiting and wishing I paid the extra £400 for same day service. My wife would have been working and that money would have been recouped by now.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Date Docs sent: 17/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 28/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 19/03/12 (dated 15/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 23/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

fedupwaitingtoo
Newly Registered

FLR(M) waiting times 2011/2012

Post by fedupwaitingtoo » Mon May 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi all

Just to update our process for my wife.

Application sent 6th January 2012 with all documents.
Acknowledgment letter dater 31st Jan received 3rd Feb 2012.
Biometrics letter received 10th march 2012
Enrolled Biometrics Golders Green post office 13th March 2012.

Date BRP recieved : Still waiting.
Date documents received : still waiting.

Application is fiance visa to FLR(M)

This is really frustrating how our lives are on hold. We are struggling with money. My wife is not working and sat at home really fed up.

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 am

Oh god, the postman rang up that I had a parcel and imagine my disappointment when it WASN'T my documents and visa. Sorry to hear that no one else is having any luck either, I hope we all get them soon!

Quick question. I'm supposed to travel on June 13th (which is not looking likely at this point) but what I'm wondering is if my passport comes in time, but not my BRP, can I travel with that and the letter saying that my BRP is in the mail? If anyone knows, it would be helpful. I'll call UKBA and ask tomorrow, just can't be bothered to talk to them today.

Thanks and good luck!

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue May 29, 2012 11:55 am

AngieLynn09 wrote:Oh god, the postman rang up that I had a parcel and imagine my disappointment when it WASN'T my documents and visa. Sorry to hear that no one else is having any luck either, I hope we all get them soon!

Quick question. I'm supposed to travel on June 13th (which is not looking likely at this point) but what I'm wondering is if my passport comes in time, but not my BRP, can I travel with that and the letter saying that my BRP is in the mail? If anyone knows, it would be helpful. I'll call UKBA and ask tomorrow, just can't be bothered to talk to them today.

Thanks and good luck!
Sorry to hear that it wasnt what you were expecting. We all are waiting for the same thing in post.
Well you can travel out of UK with your passport but you wont be able to enter UK without BRP. Because that is your proof that what kind of visa you have, when does it expire.
So if you do travel without BRP then remeber you will risk your entry back into the UK. As per UKBA you need to carry BRP all the time you go across the UK border.
My advise would be, dont risk it.
As you have waited until now, make sure you only travel with your BRP.

Meche83
Newly Registered

Post by Meche83 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:08 pm

I am now fade up with UKBA, this is total unprofessional,

I applied for same day service at Liverpool on 9th Jan 2012, was informed that my English was incomplete,

Another same day appointment of 6th Feb 2012 was told that their system is down that I should send it by post.

Date Applied BY POST /Docs sent: 09/02/2012

Date Delivered to HO: 10/02/2012

Acknowledgement received 13/02/2012

Bio-metrics booking letter: 17/03/2012 but dated 15th march 2012

Date Biometrics Appointment 20/02/12

Docs/passport Waiting

BRP Card Waiting

Approve latter waiting

Visa Type: FLR (M) Marriage
Visa From: Student - Tier 4

Just a brief update, I contacted my Mp in house of common and voice Out my frustration in regards of my application and also in regards of my family not attending my Late daddy two years memorial service, reading of his WILL and Inheritance because of ukba withholding my document.
He contact ukba, there reaseon was over load application and shortage of staff, I was ask to provide The evidence of the Memorial service by my Mp to ukba, like invitation latter of the memorial service or Death certificate, which I sent and my Mp as informed the Ukba to get back to me as soon as possible, all fingers cross, I need to travel to witness my late daddy Memorial service on 8th of June.
Mp said that the case will be treated on compassionate grand since I have provided does documents. I am waiting for miracle from almighty God.

tcbrasil

Good Luck

Post by tcbrasil » Tue May 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Meche83 wrote: Just a brief update, I contacted my Mp in house of common and voice Out my frustration in regards of my application and also in regards of my family not attending my Late daddy two years memorial service, reading of his WILL and Inheritance because of ukba withholding my document.
He contact ukba, there reaseon was over load application and shortage of staff, I was ask to provide The evidence of the Memorial service by my Mp to ukba, like invitation latter of the memorial service or Death certificate, which I sent and my Mp as informed the Ukba to get back to me as soon as possible, all fingers cross, I need to travel to witness my late daddy Memorial service on 8th of June.
Mp said that the case will be treated on compassionate grand since I have provided does documents. I am waiting for miracle from almighty God.
Oh God, poor you. I hope everything works out for you and for all of us!

viking12
Newly Registered

Action

Post by viking12 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Is there a organization/body that we can complain to about the Home Office service?

I'm sure there should be an external board that overlooks the HO activities

Richman
Newly Registered

FLR backlog

Post by Richman » Wed May 30, 2012 8:31 am

Hi guys just came across this info and thought of sharing it. It was posted end of February 2012;

It is currently taking an extra two months for applications to be inputted on to the computer system at UKBA. Your application is received at Durham where the payment is taken, a letter of acknowledgement is then generated and sent to you. Your application is then sent to Sheffield to be entered on to the system before being sent to a caseworking team. Because applications are not being entered onto the system it is not possible to even check on progress as there is no record of the application until it is entered.

www.aff.org.uk

P.Dinu
Newly Registered

Post by P.Dinu » Wed May 30, 2012 9:40 am

I think so... :)

sam2106

FLR(M) timeline

Post by sam2106 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:37 am

I am including timeline for my partner's application on FLR(M).

Category Applied : FLR(M) Unmarried Partner.

I applied for my SET(0) on 10 yeears long residence category on 27/02/2012 am currently, am still waiting for passport and approval.

My partner was on unmarried partner / dependant on my Tier 1 ( general ) visa expiring on 20/05/2012.

Date UKBA received her FLR(M) app: 10/05/2012

Acknowledgement Letter received on 28/05/2012 dated 22/05/2012

Payment transaction appears on 23/05/2012 on online banking statement ( appears as taken on 22/05/2012)

Biometric Letter received on 29/05/2012 dated 23/05/2012

anyone in the same situation whereby the applied on similar date and their bf or husband or partner still waiting for ILR on SET(O) 10 years Long Residence, please let me know, thanks

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Wed May 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Is there a organization/body that we can complain to about the Home Office service?

I'm sure there should be an external board that overlooks the HO activities
The Home Affairs Select Committe scrutinises the performance of the Home Office.

http://www.parliament.uk/homeaffairscom

You could try writing to the Chair Keith Vaz or members of the committee, telling them about the experience you've had and suggesting that the committee consider holding an inquiry on the quality of the service UKBA provides to applicants.