ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP 5 years, ILR due in July

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ron17
Newly Registered

WP 5 years, ILR due in July

Post by ron17 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Hello all

Been reading this forum for few months and found it really helpful. My ILR is due in July, I am still thinking should I do it at PEO or postal service, mainly due to the price difference. Also, I'm not sure if my case is completely straight forward, as advised on HO website, only straight forward case at PEO.

I have been with the same employer for 5 years in July under WP. Not out of the country for over 180days. I have all the payslips and 5 P60s. I can provide bank statements up to 12 months where my employer pay my wages.

The only thing that worries me is the SOC, when I first got my WP, I was employed as accounting assistant, but in the past 5 years, I have been working up the pay scale and now I am a accounting technician. In the HO website, it states accounting assistant can't get sponsored, but accounting technician can. My HR advisor said she will match me to the financial and accounting technician code in SOC and my wages is above the required amount. Should I be worry about this? Does HO use the job title from the original WP application or will they just go with what the code stated in the letter from employer?

Thank you for any advice.

Ron

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun May 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi

To the best of my knowledge as I am also here on a WP and I got my WP on Finance Assistant Position and later on got promoted to Assistant Financial Controller so I am just sharing my knowledge with you, that You shouldn't be getting worried about that you need to use the normal SOC code and the HO doesn't really match your job title with your WP letter no one in this world is stupid enough to work at a same designation and at the same salary for 5 odd years atleast I can't do it for my self.

The technical changes wont affect you at all as it's for those people who got their WP on or after the 6th April 2011 as it also says clearly on the technical changes updates form on the UKBA website. So I think you're ok with that.

I would highly recommend you that just do a PEO appointment and get the piece of mind in a day hopefully as you said that your case is straight forward so If I was you I shouldn't be getting worried to much spending a few more quids and getting the piece of mind for the rest of my life. I just dont trust postal service to deal with my documents as they are as important to me as my life rest is up to you.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum if you'll be applying through a PEO.

Good luck for your ILR.

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:18 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

To the best of my knowledge as I am also here on a WP and I got my WP on Finance Assistant Position and later on got promoted to Assistant Financial Controller so I am just sharing my knowledge with you, that You shouldn't be getting worried about that you need to use the normal SOC code and the HO doesn't really match your job title with your WP letter no one in this world is stupid enough to work at a same designation and at the same salary for 5 odd years atleast I can't do it for my self.

The technical changes wont affect you at all as it's for those people who got their WP on or after the 6th April 2011 as it also says clearly on the technical changes updates form on the UKBA website. So I think you're ok with that.

I would highly recommend you that just do a PEO appointment and get the piece of mind in a day hopefully as you said that your case is straight forward so If I was you I shouldn't be getting worried to much spending a few more quids and getting the piece of mind for the rest of my life. I just dont trust postal service to deal with my documents as they are as important to me as my life rest is up to you.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum if you'll be applying through a PEO.

Good luck for your ILR.
Thank you for your reply.

Did you use the PEO yourself? and what documents did you bring along with you?

Also, how early I can make appointment at PEO? I just tried to search availabilities in July, it says no appointment available at all. Is this normal?

Ron

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Sun May 27, 2012 10:22 pm

ron17 wrote:Also, how early I can make appointment at PEO? I just tried to search availabilities in July, it says no appointment available at all. Is this normal?
6 weeks (if booking over the phone, but I reckon the same is with on-line).

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon May 28, 2012 9:50 am

Hi

I haven't applied for my ILR till yet so I haven't used the PEO for my ILR other wise I did have used the Croydon PEO couple of times for my visa extensions and other students extensions even to get my WP as well.

You can book an appointment 42 days in advance for the PEO.

Please share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 31, 2012 12:43 pm

ron17 wrote:Hello

My WP's expiry date is 06/08/2012, is my earliest appointment at PEO 09/07/2012? I have booked my PEO appointment on 10/07/2012, just in case. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Also, I just realise my bank statement for my June's pay may not arrive in time for my PEO appointment. I have spoken to the staff at the bank, they said I can print it out online and they will stamp and certify it for me and it should be ok. Has anyone actually used certified bank statement at PEO and they are ok with it?

thank you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:48 pm

ron17 wrote:Hello all

I will be attending my PEO appointment very soon. I have put all my documents together and it is pretty much ready to go. Here is the list of all the documents I will give to the case worker and also some additional documents if they request.

Documents that I will give to CW
- Completed SET(O) form
- Current passport
- Police registration
- 2 recent passport photos
- Letter from employer
- 12 months payslips
- 12 months bank statements
- 5 years P60s

Copies of all the above documents will be given to CW as well.

Additional documents that I will bring with me
- WP letter from Home Office
- WP letter to my employer from Home Office
- Remaining payslips from last 5 years
- Remaining bank statements from last 5 years
- Employment contract (same employer for last 5 years)
- Few more P60s and P45s from beyond the 5-year period
- Airlines confirmation email and boarding passes for my Dublin trip (no UK entry stamp on passport)
- Airlines letter for overnight delay for my HK trip (I have gone through border control two days in a row)

Also, I have few questions regarding to PEO appointment

1. Do I need to submit the payment section of the form? I have filled in the card details of the card I intended to use on the day, but if anything goes wrong, I have other cards to use. If so, do I need to fill in the form again?

2. Will my partner be allowed to go in the building on the day?

3. My appointment is the first one of the day (9am at Sheffield), will they let me in before 8:30am?

4. Any other things I should be aware of?

Thank you for any advices and comments.

Ron

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:49 pm

ron17 wrote:Remaining payslips from last 5 years
- Remaining bank statements from last 5 years
- Employment contract (same employer for last 5 years)
- Few more P60s and P45s from beyond the 5-year period
You don't need the payslips and bank statements of the last 5 years. If you have P60s / P45s, they are enough. Nothing required from "beyond the 5 year period".

1. Yes.
2. Yes, if she is a named applicant.
3. You'll know when you get there.

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 pm

One more question, do I need to show I'm paying rent and utility bills on my bank statements? The rent comes out my partners account and I pay most of the other bills, so it make it difficult to show I'm paying rent.

Thank you for any reply.

Ron

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:18 pm

No.

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Sorry, more question!!

Do I need to submit passports beyond my ILR 5 years qualifying period?

I got another passport when I was a student in the uk, but the passport expired just before I got my WP. Hence, the WP is in my new passport.

Thank you.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm

ron17 wrote:Sorry, more question!!

I got another passport when I was a student in the uk, but the passport expired just before I got my WP. Hence, the WP is in my new passport.

Thank you.
Hi

I think you need to take all your old passports along with you at the time of your application of your ILR.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Smam wrote:
ron17 wrote:Sorry, more question!!

Thank you.
Hi

I think you need to take all your old passports along with you at the time of your application of your ILR.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.
I will bring it with me, but I'm not sure should I submit it, as it expired before the 5 years period started. Thank you for your reply anyway.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:14 pm

ron17 wrote:I will bring it with me, but I'm not sure should I submit it, as it expired before the 5 years period started.
Take it with you to provide in the event the CW asks to see it (This could happen if they see something they want to verify in your prior immigration history). But I would not include it as part of the ILR application.

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Hello,

Just checking my application, what date should I put for question 6.1?

When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application based.

I first entered the UK back in 2003 as a student, switched to Science and Engineering graduation scheme in 2006, then to work permit in 2007, so am I using the date I first entered as a student or the date on my work permit?

Thank you.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:20 pm

ron17 wrote:Hello,

When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application based.

I first entered the UK back in 2003 as a student, switched to Science and Engineering graduation scheme in 2006, then to work permit in 2007, so am I using the date I first entered as a student or the date on my work permit?

Thank you.
As it asks for the date of entry (& not date of switching) I would enter the date in 2003. The form is catered towards those who entered as an economic migrant & not towards those who switch immigration categories in-country, so include a cover letter if you feel it'll be easier for the CW who ultimately looks at your application.

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:55 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
ron17 wrote:Hello,

Thank you.
As it asks for the date of entry (& not date of switching) I would enter the date in 2003. The form is catered towards those who entered as an economic migrant & not towards those who switch immigration categories in-country, so include a cover letter if you feel it'll be easier for the CW who ultimately looks at your application.
But then does it mean I need to list all my absences from 2003 in 6.2?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:19 pm

ron17 wrote:But then does it mean I need to list all my absences from 2003 in 6.2?
No, just those during your 5 year residency period as a economic migrant. Explain the reason for the answers given for 6.1 & 6.2 in the cover letter.

Also see... http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

nocturne103
Newly Registered

Post by nocturne103 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Have a look at the Form Set O Guidance doc, section 5;

When to apply:

You and any dependants applying with you should
apply before the end of your/their permitted stay in the
UK.
There is a qualifying period to complete in most of the
categories on this form. It runs either from
- the date on which you entered the UK with a visa
in the relevant category; or, if you did not enter the
UK with such a visa, from
- the date on which you were first granted permission
to remain in the UK in the relevant category

As you did not enter the UK as a work permit holder, I would mention the date of the work permit entry clearance visa in section 6.1

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:45 pm

nocturne103 wrote:Have a look at the Form Set O Guidance doc, section 5;

When to apply:

You and any dependants applying with you should
apply before the end of your/their permitted stay in the
UK.
There is a qualifying period to complete in most of the
categories on this form. It runs either from
- the date on which you entered the UK with a visa
in the relevant category; or, if you did not enter the
UK with such a visa, from
- the date on which you were first granted permission
to remain in the UK in the relevant category

As you did not enter the UK as a work permit holder, I would mention the date of the work permit entry clearance visa in section 6.1
Thank you for your reply!

I got my ILR today at Sheffield PEO. They didn't ask anything, I didn't even get to see the case worker.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:33 pm

ron17 wrote:I got my ILR today at Sheffield PEO. They didn't ask anything, I didn't even get to see the case worker.
Congrat's Ron17! And thanks to the previous poster for pointing out the guidance which provides clear instructions on which date to enter. I missed this, when scanning through the form previously.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Smam,
Can you please send me the URL of UKBA where it says this.

I am on old WP for 5 year with same employer and had two pay rises that not been informed to UKBA by my employer.

We had a recent visit from UKBA about Tier2 sponsorship. They auditor mentioned employer has to inform this pay rises.

Thanks
tanvirni

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Got my BRP card today, three days after PEO appointment (two days really, they tried to deliver it yesterday).

Im very happy with the service from UKBA.

Also, thank you for everyone that helped me in this forum.

All the best,
Ron

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 am

tanvirni wrote:

Hi Smam,
Can you please send me the URL of UKBA where it says this.

I am on old WP for 5 year with same employer and had two pay rises that not been informed to UKBA by my employer.

We had a recent visit from UKBA about Tier2 sponsorship. They auditor mentioned employer has to inform this pay rises.

Thanks
tanvirni
Hi

Pay rises never ever comes under any technical changes. and I was trying to read the application form for the notification of techincal changes form from the UKBA website it says clearly on the first page that the technical changes doesn't apply to those who got their Tier 2 and WP before 6th April 2011.

Well yes recent visit means that your employer wants to sponsor a non EU employee so they've mentioned to your employer just to make it clear that now your employer has to notify any changes for that employee not for your self if you got your WP before 6th April 2011.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:15 am

Hi Ron17

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for the future.