ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubts regarding Birth Certificate and Degree Certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Doubts regarding Birth Certificate and Degree Certificate

Post by naveen_nagesh » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:55 am

Hi all,
I am new to this forum, the amount of information I hv got here has been of great help. I am planning to apply for HSMP by the end of this month or in the beginning of Jan.

I was consolidating the documnets required for HSMP.I found some problems in it:
1)On my degree certificate my initials are not expanded and it is left as it is. However on my passport my full name with expanded initials is given. I was wondering will this be of any confusion for the case worker.
2)My name is not there on my birth certificate. Will this be of any problem?? As far as i know no one puts a name on the birth certificate.

So how should i go about now?
Regards,
Naveen.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:27 am

1. So how do u want them to recognise it is ur birth certificate? i think attach some secondory proof also...like notarised copy of passport...

2. I guess there will no problem with name difference...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:41 am

I am applying for HSMP on Monday. I got a certificate from a notory stating my differnet initials in applications and certificates and that it belongs to me.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:57 am

My name is not there on my birth certificate. Will this be of any problem??
The birth certificate was issued in what country? Wherever, I just express surprise that any birth certificate will not actually name the child who has been born. Surely that is the whole purpose of a birth certificate!

If the said birth certificate does not name you, what sort of detail does it give? The date of birth, and your parent's names?
John

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_nagesh » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:25 am

Hi John,
The certificate is issued in India, the problem is that here in India, names are not given to the children as soon as they are born(atleast in case of Hindus, i guess). But yes, as u guessed, it does have my parents name and the birth date.

So i guess i should get a certificate from a notary.

Regards,
Naveen.[/code][/quote]

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:39 am

names are not given to the children as soon as they are born
OK, but is there any sort of later certificate showing that the baby born on a certain date, to those named parents, was actually given the names that they have got?

Even some sort of Hindu certificate showing that would be useful.
John

umeshsethi

surely u have a full driving license

Post by umeshsethi » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:59 am

why not avoid the whole confusion and send your full driving license in india,,,, or if you dont have it you can get it made in a day even i think
Umesh Sethi

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:17 pm

Hi umeash, which License authority is issuing Full driving licenses so fast, plz share :wink:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

umeshsethi

Re: hi

Post by umeshsethi » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:26 pm

paramjit2k wrote:Hi umeash, which License authority is issuing Full driving licenses so fast, plz share :wink:
oops.. yep..he does need to have learner license and so on...
Umesh Sethi

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_nagesh » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:41 am

@umeshsethi:
I do have a DL, but even on that the the initials are not expanded. :roll:
Isn't a notary copy stating that my full name is 'this and this' not enough??

umeshsethi

what to do

Post by umeshsethi » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:13 am

naveen_nagesh wrote:@umeshsethi:
I do have a DL, but even on that the the initials are not expanded. :roll:
Isn't a notary copy stating that my full name is 'this and this' not enough??
Well, the new guidelines lay stress of notarised pp copy only in exceptional conditions...

i think you can request for your b certificate to be made again... it may cost you money and i daresay something under the table perhaps... but it may be worth it. Some old birth certificates are not even in english so u do need to have one in english and a remade birth certificate with name of person is possible i think ... if you have lost the old one or something like that..

thats worth and enquiry and same for license.. i would not go for "notarised this and that" unless thats the last resort... because notarised passport copy etc. is for exceptional case.. and you need to prove this is exceptional situation so first exhaust all normal possibilities and perhaps submit proof with appln and an explanation .. why you went in for the exceptional case , if you had to.
Umesh Sethi

sabre0
Newly Registered

Is the birth certificate required for EC in USA?

Post by sabre0 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:23 am

Hi,

I will be applying for EC next week at the Los Angeles consulate. I don't even have a birth certificate but at the same time I didn't read anywhere that a birth certificate is required for EC based on HSMP approval.

Do I HAVE to show a birth certificate before I can get an EC?

I am originaly from Pakistan and have applied through MBA provision of HSMP.

Thanks.