ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do biometrics have to be given again?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Do biometrics have to be given again?

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:22 am

Hi,
When I applied for my last T1(G) extension, my biometrics were taken and I was given a biometric card instead of the visa sticker. I will be going for an extension again towards the end of this year, just wondering if anyone knows if I will have to give my biometrics again. Logically, once they have taken my biometrics it should be for life - but then don't trust UKBA to do the logical thing!
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 10:29 am

Bioemtric enrolment and BRP - General Queries

UKBA wants to make sure that the person making an application today is the same person who applied in the past ... with the same personal details. That's logical to expect.
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon May 28, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon May 28, 2012 10:29 am

You are required to provide biometrics as part of the application process, so yes, you will need to provide biometrics again.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 am

Oh well... Didn't think of that. Thanks guys.