ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Mon May 28, 2012 12:48 pm

rawmess wrote:We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 2 May.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/
:)

THAT LINK IS OF TIER 1 General VISA and not Tier 1 PSW...

Please check the details before posting!

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:52 pm

rawmess wrote:We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 2 May.

Is it just me or does the link say considering applications where biometrics were given on or before 13th March ?!!

gr8ali
Newly Registered

Post by gr8ali » Mon May 28, 2012 12:54 pm

@rawmess this is the wrong link... the date for PSW is till the same which is 12th march... the link is provided below

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Mon May 28, 2012 12:55 pm

kashyapgada wrote:

REALLY GOOD NEWS
@ kashyapgada - Mate, that's for TIER 1 (Genera category) but we've applied on the grounds (points based) TIER 1 PSW (post study work)... They still did not update for 3 months its showing same thing ( on or before 12 march)

bull shit

waiting4mypsw
Newly Registered

Post by waiting4mypsw » Mon May 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Hey there... Now I can't find the waiting times page for PSW.. did they take it off? If not could anyone send it?
Thanks!
kashyapgada wrote:

THAT LINK IS OF TIER 1 General VISA and not Tier 1 PSW...

Please check the details before posting!

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Mon May 28, 2012 1:29 pm

ralux wrote:
courage wrote:Just to encourage everyone on this forum. I received my approval letter dated 24th May and documents on Saturday and DX say they'll deliver BRP tomorrow. My timeline is as follows with one dependent:

Application sent: 10th Feb. 2012
Biometric invitation: March 20th
Biometric given: March 23rd
Documents received: May 26th
BRP: Expected May 28th

@ ralux -

Mate, its not fair on UKba at all. I too applied on 10th Feb 2012 and how did you alone get bio metric so early.

My bio metric letter was dt : 18th Apr 2012 and i received on 23rd Apr 2012 only. I gave the bio metric registration on the same day at one of the central london post office.

I am going to withdraw my application and i cant not wait like this without job ( especially having done 3 degrees related to investment banking,, i studied in Chennai, Sydney and Australia)..

I stayed this long ( nearly 10 months after completing my MBA ( which it self was expensive to afford - Uni fee) to get visa and get the money back and gain few more over seas exp to add to my indian work exp.

But, i dont know still hoe many months i had to wait for the decision and dont whether will they grant or reject the visa..

It's no worth struggling in this f*ucking country and every one told me to go back to india and with an addition of 2 yrs work exp i will get good job in hong kong or if europe turn good in 2 yrs ( frankfurt/amsterdam/zuritch)... I already have 2.8 yrs of investment banking work exp (citigroup)

I got affected so much by this UKBA

Kartik

Hope this helps someone eagerly waiting to hear from UKBA, this week by God's grace more people will receive good news from them.
Congrats mate.

ralux
Newly Registered

Post by ralux » Mon May 28, 2012 1:40 pm

@ ralux -

Mate, its not fair on UKba at all. I too applied on 10th Feb 2012 and how did you alone get bio metric so early.

My bio metric letter was dt : 18th Apr 2012 and i received on 23rd Apr 2012 only. I gave the bio metric registration on the same day at one of the central london post office.

I am going to withdraw my application and i cant not wait like this without job ( especially having done 3 degrees related to investment banking,, i studied in Chennai, Sydney and Australia)..

I stayed this long ( nearly 10 months after completing my MBA ( which it self was expensive to afford - Uni fee) to get visa and get the money back and gain few more over seas exp to add to my indian work exp.

But, i dont know still hoe many months i had to wait for the decision and dont whether will they grant or reject the visa..

It's no worth struggling in this f*ucking country and every one told me to go back to india and with an addition of 2 yrs work exp i will get good job in hong kong or if europe turn good in 2 yrs ( frankfurt/amsterdam/zuritch)... I already have 2.8 yrs of investment banking work exp (citigroup)

Kartik

@Kartik, I understand your pain, we are all in the same boat. For the record I haven't gotten my BRP nor have I gotten my documents. I attended my biometric appointment on the 28th of March, I was only congratulating @courage. The waiting if really frustrating, lets just hang in there, the hard part is over, soon God's willing all our documents will arrive and life can move on for us. BTW what has helped me is reading books (non-fiction, fiction, self-help, etc) it helps time move faster :wink:

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Mon May 28, 2012 1:48 pm

ralux wrote:@ ralux -

Kartik

@Kartik, I understand your pain, we are all in the same boat. For the record I haven't gotten my BRP nor have I gotten my documents. I attended my biometric appointment on the 28th of March, I was only congratulating @courage. The waiting if really frustrating, lets just hang in there, the hard part is over, soon God's willing all our documents will arrive and life can move on for us. BTW what has helped me is reading books (non-fiction, fiction, self-help, etc) it helps time move faster :wink:
@ ralux - dude be realistic, its massive money man ( i spent nearly £ 30 grands so far) by digging from parents and relatives apart form my bank loan. they said thet not to expect even 1 gbp from now, from India. What'll i do, i tried so much by hanging in.. after certain amount of time, we cant. after all, we're all human beings. i dont want to be a begger here ( you can understand the words i'm using which reflects the phase i am pushed into by ukba)...

My parents are repaying my loan back for almost 2 years now with interest and this is not at all fair on my part. Since both are financially able to contribute ( Since they're employed) i was able to stretch this much ( not to forget i worked 1 yr in sydney and 1.8 yrs in chennai + mumbai).. still my savings cant contribute only this much for this f*ucking country costs (incurring expenses)...

Kartik

ralux
Newly Registered

Post by ralux » Mon May 28, 2012 2:09 pm

kartik_r wrote:
ralux wrote:@ ralux -
@ ralux - dude be realistic, its massive money man ( i spent nearly £ 30 grands so far) by digging from parents and relatives apart form my bank loan. they said they not to expect even 1 gbp from now from India. What'll i do, i tried so much by hanging in.. after certain amount of time, we cant. after all, we're all human beings. i dont want to be a begger here ( you can understand the words i'm using which reflects the phase i am pushed into by ukba)...

My parents are repaying my loan back for almost 2 years now with interest and this is not at all fair on my part. Since both are financially able to contribute ( Since they're employed) i was able to stretch this much ( not to forget i worked 1 yr in sydney and 1.8 yrs in chennai + mumbai).. still my savings cant contribute much for this f*ucking country costs...

Kartik
Oh yes, I know the ridiculous massive investment every international student has put into the UK economy and the crazy expenses we have to keep up with without WORK because our visas haven't been issued to us. Your case is sad mate, but no different from the rest of us. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to hasten the dreadfully slow visa process. Even withdrawing one's application will take a "lifetime" to get one's document back, it is just so sad.

My previous experiences with the UKBA over the past 5 years that I have been here, has been very good. They have processed my visas and that of friends I know, in a timely manner and very professionally too. I understand from their point of view that their systems have been overwhelmed by the mass PSW applications, but from our point of view, this waiting is not acceptable, the cost is way too much.

We have waited this long, hopefully we won't have to wait another 90+ days before we receive our visas/documents. This forum has been a source of strength for so many of us and talking about our experiences has helped tons of people, so just hang in there buddy, we are all in the same boat and the land isn't far off now.

ali.27
Newly Registered

Tier 1

Post by ali.27 » Mon May 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Hiya friends:
Do you know tier 1 psw departmant fax number? i cant find in homeoffice web pages.

pswbee
Newly Registered

Post by pswbee » Mon May 28, 2012 5:13 pm

fingers crossed...

i just checked on my royal mail tracking and it says its on its way... hopefully it is a successful application...

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm

pswbee wrote:fingers crossed...

i just checked on my royal mail tracking and it says its on its way... hopefully it is a successful application...
Kindly reply as soon as you receive same.

pswbee
Newly Registered

Post by pswbee » Mon May 28, 2012 5:26 pm

walkowitz wrote:
pswbee wrote:fingers crossed...

Kindly reply as soon as you receive same.
no prob :)

sweetangle309
Newly Registered

Post by sweetangle309 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:45 pm

@pswbee

what is your timeline????

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Mon May 28, 2012 5:46 pm

do you know how to check that in royal mail

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Mon May 28, 2012 5:55 pm

kumarpsw wrote:do you know how to check that in royal mail
You can check only if you have send self address envelope with your documents.

pswbee
Newly Registered

Post by pswbee » Mon May 28, 2012 6:28 pm

timeline

applied on 14th of feb
biometric given on 24th of march
hopefully document 29th of may
brp asap as well :) fingers toes crossed

khaleelsubhani
Newly Registered

Post by khaleelsubhani » Mon May 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi kumar
Please can tell me the email address of DX
And what to write
Thank you

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:00 pm

walkowitz wrote:
You can check only if you have send self address envelope with your documents.
Congrates mate
I have also send the self address envelope but unfortunately forgot to take the barcode of that envelope.

kumarpsw

Post by kumarpsw » Mon May 28, 2012 10:55 pm

tracking@securemail.co.uk this is the email address of the dx

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 am

kartik_r wrote:
kashyapgada wrote:

REALLY GOOD NEWS
@ kashyapgada - Mate, that's for TIER 1 (Genera category) but we've applied on the grounds (points based) TIER 1 PSW (post study work)... They still did not update for 3 months its showing same thing ( on or before 12 march)

bull shit

I know this guy is going to get banned. Shhh thank you moderators :) let's keep thread more relevant for timeline.

suyinling
Newly Registered

Thankfull

Post by suyinling » Tue May 29, 2012 9:18 am

hi guys, i received my documents today, dated 26th of may.. so thot i shld update my time line

APPLICATION SENT : 15TH OF FEBRUARY
ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIVED: 28TH OF FEBRUARY DATED 22ND
BIOMETRICS LETTER: 23RD OF MARCH DATED 20TH

BIOMETRICS GIVEN: 26TH OF MARCH AT OLD STREET STATION

DOCUMENTS RECIEVED: 29TH OF MAY DATED 26TH OF MAY
BRP WAITING.....

guys, this is my timeline.. they have reached 26th of march.. i got it earlier cos i attached a special delivery pack with my application... if you didnt, it means it is on its way, but might just take a little longer to get to you. I hope this helps

arphaxad_cy
Newly Registered

Re: Thankfull

Post by arphaxad_cy » Tue May 29, 2012 9:19 am

Good, it seems UKBA is slowly making progress.
suyinling wrote:hi guys, i received my documents today, dated 26th of may.. so thot i shld update my time line

BRP WAITING.....

guys, this is my timeline.. they have reached 26th of march.. i got it earlier cos i attached a special delivery pack with my application... if you didnt, it means it is on its way, but might just take a little longer to get to you. I hope this helps

shribalaji

Re: Thankfull

Post by shribalaji » Tue May 29, 2012 9:23 am

suyinling wrote:hi guys, i received my documents today, dated 26th of may.. so thot i shld update my time line

BRP WAITING.....

Bro, u made my day, congrats go chill out enjoy d rest of d summer.

samindaksm
Newly Registered

time line

Post by samindaksm » Tue May 29, 2012 10:24 am

guys, just updating my time line

Application sent - 2nd of March 2012 (next day special delivery)
Acknowledgement received - 16th of March 2012
Biometric invitation received - 29th of March 2012
Biometric first attempt failed at Golders green post office (bar code not readable) - 29th of March 2012
Appointment booked and biometric given at Cardiff PEO - 4th of April 2012

Documents and BRP waiting...

Any ideas.. like when can I accept my docs and BRP??