ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Success - Overstayed and worked illegally!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charlotterahman

Spouse Visa Success - Overstayed and worked illegally!

Post by charlotterahman » Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi, if you have followed my previous posts you will know my husband overstayed his student visa, worked illegally and on fake papers. He was removed from the UK at our own expense. We applied for his spouse visa on 4th March 2012 in Bangladesh, Dhaka.

We were honest in our application about everything and today (27th May 2012) collected his passport with visa stamped in it. We got the message on 24th May to collect it but Friday/Saturday it was closed. So we picked it up today on Sunday which is also our first wedding anniversary.

I travelled to Bangladesh 3 days before to visit my husband as we were expecting a refusal. Now I will be taking my husband home with me. I'm so happy and hope this gives hope to others who have previous immigration history!

Thanks to everyone on this forum who were the best help ever, we got so much information from here and we did not use a solicitor or any other help. We prepared the full application ourselves.

If anyone has any questions please ask as we will be happy to help you.
Last edited by charlotterahman on Sun May 27, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Sun May 27, 2012 12:13 pm

That's excellent news. Congratulations.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 27, 2012 12:20 pm

charlotterahman, congratulations to you and your husband. Glad it worked out.

Your experience proves it is always best to tell the truth.
John

wenner

Post by wenner » Sun May 27, 2012 3:04 pm

cONCRATULATIONS!!!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon May 28, 2012 8:25 am

Congrats!

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Mon May 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Congratulation... :lol:
Application submitted: Lhe 19.04.12
Application Forwarded to Isld 19/04/12
Under Process at BHC: 07/05/12

Peace, love and best wishes to all.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 am

congratulations to both of you.

m1234

Re: Spouse Visa Success - Overstayed and worked illegally!

Post by m1234 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:32 pm

charlotterahman wrote:Hi, if you have followed my previous posts you will know my husband overstayed his student visa, worked illegally and on fake papers. He was removed from the UK at our own expense. We applied for his spouse visa on 4th March 2012 in Bangladesh, Dhaka.

We were honest in our application about everything and today (27th May 2012) collected his passport with visa stamped in it. We got the message on 24th May to collect it but Friday/Saturday it was closed. So we picked it up today on Sunday which is also our first wedding anniversary.

I travelled to Bangladesh 3 days before to visit my husband as we were expecting a refusal. Now I will be taking my husband home with me. I'm so happy and hope this gives hope to others who have previous immigration history!

Thanks to everyone on this forum who were the best help ever, we got so much information from here and we did not use a solicitor or any other help. We prepared the full application ourselves.

Hi Charlotte,

Needed some help of u please,

my husband has immigration history too, he applied 20th march, and today got a phone call asking him to attend an interview on 19th June, just wanted to ask if u guys had an interview too and what kind of questions were asked.

We have been truthful about everything but still are very stressed as i know interviews are not very common now, but im guessing a interview to ask further questions is better than a straight refusal.

Really stressed, any help will be much appreciated.

charlotterahman

Post by charlotterahman » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:32 am

Hi, we didn't have any interview or call...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 am

m1234 wrote:my husband has immigration history too, he applied 20th march
Where did he apply? In the UK, or outside the UK? If outside, which country?
John

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am

m1234 wrote:
charlotterahman wrote:Hi, if you have followed my previous posts you will know my husband overstayed his student visa, worked illegally and on fake papers. He was removed from the UK at our own expense. We applied for his spouse visa on 4th March 2012 in Bangladesh, Dhaka.

Hi Charlotte,

my husband has immigration history too, he applied 20th march, and today got a phone call asking him to attend an interview on 19th June, just wanted to ask if u guys had an interview too and what kind of questions were asked.

We have been truthful about everything but still are very stressed as i know interviews are not very common now, but im guessing a interview to ask further questions is better than a straight refusal.

Hi
I had my interview for spouse visa on 6th Mar, i dont really anyome els who's been called for an interview so yes its abit rare. in my experience they call u for interview for two things

i) To further clear an issue which has arised after them doing checks of applicant's past history in the UK.

ii) To judge in person whether the applicant is a genuine one i.e the marraige is genuine and not a way of getting bk to the UK

i was asked to clear some of my student fees which was due with my university in the UK during the interview and send evidence of that payment. i was told ones ive submitted that payment reciept only than my visa will be further processed. i sent this payment evidence on 11th Mar but my visa was still refused on 14th Mar, the ECO wrongfully accused me of not submitting the eveidence. Later on i was told well u did send the payment reciept in time but it was not avaivlable to the ECO at the time of making the decision. i had religiously followed the ECO's instructions but still visa was refused:( i am not trying tio scare u but make sure ur husband has any outstanding dues with NHS or any other body in UK, he says he's willing to pay them.

if he's told to send some further infor after the interview tell him to insist on getting the ECO's email add rather than the general email address for the embassy as i am stuck i an appeal process due to their admin error.

goodluck!
visa-grante:25.10.12

m1234

Post by m1234 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:51 pm

John wrote:
m1234 wrote:my husband has immigration history too, he applied 20th march
Where did he apply? In the UK, or outside the UK? If outside, which country?
Hi, he applied outside the uk, from Mumbai, India

m1234

Post by m1234 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:54 pm

syma wrote:
m1234 wrote:

Hi Charlotte,

Hi
I had my interview for spouse visa on 6th Mar, i dont really anyome els who's been called for an interview so yes its abit rare. in my experience they call u for interview for two things

i) To further clear an issue which has arised after them doing checks of applicant's past history in the UK.

ii) To judge in person whether the applicant is a genuine one i.e the marraige is genuine and not a way of getting bk to the UK

i was asked to clear some of my student fees which was due with my university in the UK during the interview and send evidence of that payment. i was told ones ive submitted that payment reciept only than my visa will be further processed. i sent this payment evidence on 11th Mar but my visa was still refused on 14th Mar, the ECO wrongfully accused me of not submitting the eveidence. Later on i was told well u did send the payment reciept in time but it was not avaivlable to the ECO at the time of making the decision. i had religiously followed the ECO's instructions but still visa was refused:( i am not trying tio scare u but make sure ur husband has any outstanding dues with NHS or any other body in UK, he says he's willing to pay them.

if he's told to send some further infor after the interview tell him to insist on getting the ECO's email add rather than the general email address for the embassy as i am stuck i an appeal process due to their admin error.

goodluck!
Hi,

So sorry to hear your story, that is sooo unfair!!

Really feel for you, hope your case is sorted out soon, i mean u shouldnt have to go to appeal for their mistake.

Many thanks for the advice, will bear that in mind. :-)