ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goodies

Post by goodies » Mon May 28, 2012 1:26 pm

I called HO today but the lady i spoke to didnt bother to take my case ID, all because my application is not six months yet. :( :( :(
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Mon May 28, 2012 5:36 pm

goodies wrote:I called HO today but the lady i spoke to didnt bother to take my case ID, all because my application is not six months yet. :( :( :(
Yeah I know they are well rude on the phone
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

bandor
Newly Registered

Post by bandor » Mon May 28, 2012 6:14 pm

my 6 month deadline is fast approaching and solicitor advices me to wait till the day and phone the HO.

goodies

Post by goodies » Mon May 28, 2012 6:21 pm

We start every new week with fresh hopes but always end with no good, Time is running fast but still a whole lot of December applicant with no RC.
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Mon May 28, 2012 6:27 pm

goodies wrote:We start every new week with fresh hopes but always end with no good, Time is running fast but still a whole lot of December applicant with no RC.

:(

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Mon May 28, 2012 6:28 pm

We received our RC today! (Technically on Saturday but we were out so we picked it up from the post office today)

Never received a COA...but very happy to have the RC!

In summary:

Emails to HO: 8 (3 to request passport, 5 asking about COA)
Phone calls to HO: 5 (3 to request passport, 2 asking about COA)

We wouldn't have contacted them so much if only we had received our COA within a reasonable amount of time (4-6 weeks) as the ability to work was the most important in our case. After almost 12 weeks, we never received a COA but we did receive the RC.

Good luck to everyone else, seems like maybe they're forgoing COAs for people who didn't receive them promptly...perhaps their finally getting their act together?

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Mon May 28, 2012 6:50 pm

CondorVilla wrote:We received our RC today! (Technically on Saturday but we were out so we picked it up from the post office today)

In summary:

We wouldn't have contacted them so much if only we had received our COA within a reasonable amount of time (4-6 weeks) as the ability to work was the most important in our case. After almost 12 weeks, we never received a COA but we did receive the RC.

Good luck to everyone else, seems like maybe they're forgoing COAs for people who didn't receive them promptly...perhaps their finally getting their act together?
Really happy for you- i can only imagine your relief.
But, this is so disheartening: March applicants being rewarded earlier than December applicants?

Incredibly annoying, to put it mildly.

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Mon May 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Anatole wrote:
CondorVilla wrote:We received our RC today! (Technically on Saturday but we were out so we picked it up from the post office today)

In summary:

Really happy for you- i can only imagine your relief.
But, this is so disheartening: March applicants being rewarded earlier than December applicants?

Incredibly annoying, to put it mildly.
One thing I would recommend is calling and saying an employer is giving you a hard time or it's making employment difficult. The second time I called about the COA, the (very nice) lady asked me if not having my COA was hindering my employment and I said yes (she basically led me to say yes) and perhaps that sped things up?

Also, if you call one day and get someone terrible, try calling the next day. I've had vastly different experiences when I spoke to a jerk vs a nice person (in terms of things actually getting done after a conversation with a nice person).

I understand your annoyance, it's completely unacceptable...

IrenaS
BANNED

Post by IrenaS » Mon May 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Dear CondorVilla, first of all congrats, very happy for you. just a quick question to which mail did you mail them because we have tried several times and no response. Thank you very much .

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Mon May 28, 2012 7:19 pm

IrenaS wrote:Dear CondorVilla, first of all congrats, very happy for you. just a quick question to which mail did you mail them because we have tried several times and no response. Thank you very much .
I used the standard email: liverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

I never once got a reply, not even after all those emails. I recommend emailing a few times first (because the people I spoke to on the phone did say they could see that an email had been forwarded to someone working on my case) but then call. Email responses seem few and far between and never very helpful.

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 pm

In summary:

Congratulation mate,
All December applicants are panicking now. It is increasing frustration that they are not responding to any of them. Do you think that it is good to push them now ? Lots of people say here that HO don't even bother to take your case ID to check your status unless it has completed 6 months.

EEA2 submitted 20 December 2011
COA received 25 January 2012
RC : waiting

I hope we all get it soon :/

jayven

Post by jayven » Tue May 29, 2012 1:23 am

[quote="CondorVilla"]We received our RC today! (Technically on Saturday but we were out so we picked it up from the post office today)

In summary:

Good luck to everyone else, seems like maybe they're forgoing COAs for people who didn't receive them promptly...perhaps their finally getting their act together?[/quote]

congratulation mate! hope our will come soon!! can u pls tell me what is the phone num?? izzit is num 01516725626?? thanks

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:29 am

goodies wrote:We start every new week with fresh hopes but always end with no good, Time is running fast but still a whole lot of December applicant with no RC.
I quite understand the feeling, almost seems as if someone locked December applications in a safe and forgot the combination!! No seriously, I think all December applicants have been issued RCs, but would be a matter a few days to a very few weeks before you get your package. I predict the wait is almost over, hang in there guys!!!

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:50 am

GLH2012 wrote:
I quite understand the feeling, almost seems as if someone locked December applications in a safe and forgot the combination!! No seriously, I think all December applicants have been issued RCs, but would be a matter a few days to a very few weeks before you get your package. I predict the wait is almost over, hang in there guys!!!

hello please am confused now i now we exchange notes on zambrano forum. is your resident card based on zambrano application because i applied in oct and my coa will be expiring in 2 days no coa or residence card yet. please update us on zambrano forum tx

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 29, 2012 11:09 am

GLH2012 wrote:
Tell me about it I think this forum has around 5 or 6 december applicants left and we are all checking for mail frantically every day :(

But the wait is almost over, I just wish I applied in January now
COA received - 18 Jan

jayven

Post by jayven » Tue May 29, 2012 11:12 am

I feel for the December applicants. I have noticed that if you are willing to wait without calling them and mailing them then they will make you wait the full 6 months and maybe more.
I think calling them near enough every day might make them remember that they have a job to do!

mexapp2012
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mexapp2012 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:44 pm

jayven wrote:I feel for the December applicants. I have noticed that if you are willing to wait without calling them and mailing them then they will make you wait the full 6 months and maybe more.
I think calling them near enough every day might make them remember that they have a job to do!
Im not sure I agree with this. I called twice, and didnt get through either time, and I never emailed them, but I still got my RC in 2 months... There are others in similar situations, too...

I understand the December applicants doing this - calling and/or emailing for updates, but for those that have applied more recently and received their COA, Im not sure bombarding them with calls & emails will be in your best interests...

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 29, 2012 4:21 pm

I just called and the women on the phone refused to answer

I think they are not allowed to answer anything at all. they cant risk their jobs I dont think.

Just the way UKBA sets up, it sucks but we dont have a choice in the matter
COA received - 18 Jan

goodies

Post by goodies » Tue May 29, 2012 5:05 pm

They will not even bother to take your details when the application is not up to the 6th month, I expected by now all December applicant mush have gotten their RC but this week is a bit slow of good news . I'm afraid of next week all because there is two bank holidays on a row.
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

jayven

Post by jayven » Tue May 29, 2012 5:12 pm

[quote="goodies"]They will not even bother to take your details when the application is not up to the 6th month, I expected by now all December applicant mush have gotten their RC but this week is a bit slow of good news . I'm afraid of next week all because there is two bank holidays on a row.[/quote]

hope to hear some good news soon! :D :D

goodies

Post by goodies » Tue May 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Jayven, that's what everybody here wanna hear
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 29, 2012 5:28 pm

yeah chances are we wont hear till the week after next due to the holidays
COA received - 18 Jan

brianslade9
Newly Registered

Post by brianslade9 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi all,

I am very new to this forum. I have some questions about travelling while my EEA2 is being processed and will be very thankful if I can get any advice from you.

I sent my EEA2 application on 15/03/2012, received by HO the next day (at least the Royal Mail tracking shows so)
COA received on 26/04/2012 (dated 19/04/2012)
Requested passport return to travel on 25/05/2012
Passport received 29/05/2012 (in the special delivery envelope I enclosed with my application)

Initially I wasn't plan to do any travel abroad until my application is finalised. However, I got the change to join my husband for a conference trip next week, so decided to ask the passport back. Then I realise here comes a small problem.

I am currently on student visa (valid until Jan 2014). However I am starting my leave of absence from June to September, to prepare for my wedding reception in my home country, as we only had a civil ceremony in the council last year in Scotland). I believe I will not be allowed to use my student visa as I do not fulfill the student status anymore.

I am just wondering if I will have any trouble re-entering UK, given
1). I am a non-visa nation, allowed to visit and stay in UK for up to 6 months
2). I have booked my flights home for end of July, showing I have no intention to stay in UK longer than I am allowed
3). I have the COA and will be travelling with my husband

Thank you very much in advanced for helping.

Congratulations to all who have received their RC and hope those who are still waiting can get their as the soonest manner.

heath2006

Post by heath2006 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:54 pm

[quote="brianslade9"]Hi all,

I am very new to this forum. I have some questions about travelling while my EEA2 is being processed and will be very thankful if I can get any advice from you.

I sent my EEA2 application on 15/03/2012, received by HO the next day (at least the Royal Mail tracking shows so)
COA received on 26/04/2012 (dated 19/04/2012)
Requested passport return to travel on 25/05/2012
Passport received 29/05/2012 (in the special delivery envelope I enclosed with my application)

Initially I wasn't plan to do any travel abroad until my application is finalised. However, I got the change to join my husband for a conference trip next week, so decided to ask the passport back. Then I realise here comes a small problem.

I am currently on student visa (valid until Jan 2014). However I am starting my leave of absence from June to September, to prepare for my wedding reception in my home country, as we only had a civil ceremony in the council last year in Scotland). I believe I will not be allowed to use my student visa as I do not fulfill the student status anymore.

I am just wondering if I will have any trouble re-entering UK, given
1). I am a non-visa nation, allowed to visit and stay in UK for up to 6 months
2). I have booked my flights home for end of July, showing I have no intention to stay in UK longer than I am allowed
3). I have the COA and will be travelling with my husband

Thank you very much in advanced for helping.

Congratulations to all who have received their RC and hope those who are still waiting can get their as the soonest manner.[/quote]

hi brianslade9,

may i ask how you managed to get your passport back within 4 days? we sent an email 2 weeks ago requesting ours back and have not received the documents nor a reply. we then called UKBA a week ago and the lady put in a second request. still no news. i called again today and i was told that the passports have not been dispatched as yet. we also provided a self addressed special delivery envelope with the original application so this should not delay the process. i am really worried as we need to travel in 2 weeks time and no sign of our passports.

thanks

brianslade9
Newly Registered

Post by brianslade9 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:11 pm

hi brianslade9,

may i ask how you managed to get your passport back within 4 days? we sent an email 2 weeks ago requesting ours back and have not received the documents nor a reply. we then called UKBA a week ago and the lady put in a second request. still no news. i called again today and i was told that the passports have not been dispatched as yet. we also provided a self addressed special delivery envelope with the original application so this should not delay the process. i am really worried as we need to travel in 2 weeks time and no sign of our passports.

thanks[/quote]

Hi heath2006,

To be honest, I really have no idea on how Home Office UKBA works as it really doesn't make much sense, does it?

My husband called last Friday, the lady in the phone asked me to provide my information, and asked to speak with my husband about our plans for travelling. Maybe out travel date seems urgent enough for them to send my passport yesterday.

Perhaps they are in the process of issuing your RC and you'll get your passport with it. All the best!