ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Heathrow Immigration - Non Eu Wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trigger0473
Newly Registered

Heathrow Immigration - Non Eu Wife

Post by trigger0473 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:41 am

Hi all

Just wondered if anybody knew the answer to my question? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section!).

I am a UK citizen who is currently working overseas. I shall be visiting UK this summer with my Bruneian wife. My wife can enter visa free for up to 6 months and has never had issues at immigration when we have visited before.

Usually, I go through UK / EU immigration and my wife joins the massive queue for all other nationalities. However, when going through last year, I am certain I saw a gentleman going through on a UK passport with his wife who was not (I'm sure it was a Phillipines passport by the colour and cover).

I just wondered if anyone knew if my wife is able to come thorugh the same immigration desk as me? Obviously this year Heathrow is going to be busier than usual!

Many thanks

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon May 28, 2012 4:30 pm

If you ask the person managing the queue if you can go together on the day. We do it and most times it is OK - we just need to find an IO with a stamp for the passport - as not all those doing the EEA and Brit queue have one.
pennyless

simmo

Post by simmo » Mon May 28, 2012 8:35 pm

We do this all the time my wife and I. Indeed I think if you're travelling together you're expected to clear together. if challenged by queue managers employed by the airport an insistent "I'm travelling with my wife" usually does the trick. The IOs never usually bat an eye. The worst that will happen is they'll ask how you're related. Once you say you're married you'll have no issue.

trigger0473
Newly Registered

Post by trigger0473 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:04 am

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies (sorry it's a late thanks as I've been without internet for a while).

Could I just ask if either of you have ever had to show marriage certificates?

Mant thanks once again for your help.