ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to take custody of a child

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

godolphin
Newly Registered

how to take custody of a child

Post by godolphin » Mon May 28, 2012 9:33 pm

hello sir i m working in uk as tier2 general skilled worker since april 2010 and going continue.my wife and my 8yr old son joined me on january 2012 from india.but after they come here we have some disputes since then.i m working too far from the room where my family living.i was only been with my wife and son for 3 weeks when they come.after that i wasn't go to my family.i m sending money everymonth to them but the disputes still the same.my wife not working.because my son studying in the school so thats why she can't do the job.my wife dont want to meet my son with me,so my question is that if i want to take custody of my son so how i can do this,what is the procedure,how long it will take and what is the cost pls reply me in details thanks.

[/i]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Quite simply, you can't take custody of your son without the consent of the mother or the order of the court. If your relationship with your wife has broken down then she needs to change her immigration status.