ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

suspended from job due to improper answer from UKBA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maheshmsalunke
Newly Registered

suspended from job due to improper answer from UKBA

Post by maheshmsalunke » Mon May 28, 2012 7:05 pm

hello

I have applied for the tier I visa extension on 3rd april, my visa was expiring on 16th april 12. gotta acknowledgement letter on 2nd may.

Now the employer has cross checked with UKBA and came to know that i m not entitled to work as application is outstanding.

Wot to do? employer is not ready to call ukba anymore. they gotta some spe service of verification of docs form ukba.

pls pls help

tried to email homeoffice but form all id it returns. writted a draft and awaiting for reply.

manojk005

Re: suspended from job due to improper answer from UKBA

Post by manojk005 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:42 pm

maheshmsalunke wrote:hello

I have applied for the tier I visa extension on 3rd april, my visa was expiring on 16th april 12. gotta acknowledgement letter on 2nd may.

Now the employer has cross checked with UKBA and came to know that i m not entitled to work as application is outstanding.

Wot to do? employer is not ready to call ukba anymore. they gotta some spe service of verification of docs form ukba.

pls pls help

tried to email homeoffice but form all id it returns. writted a draft and awaiting for reply.
You may want to show the page from UKBA website or immigrations rules confirming your status while application is under processing.

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Mon May 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Are you sure your employer properly checked? As per UKBA rule, you maintain the same visa status as long as your application is not refused.

Show them UKBA guidelines.
What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? Close If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/#

Even if they don't agree then, go to employment tribunal. You can get good amount of money.

Good Luck!!

maheshmsalunke
Newly Registered

Post by maheshmsalunke » Mon May 28, 2012 11:37 pm

But my employer has given med ref no ofthe letter theyhave received from Home office. So thats fact. But issue is to clear the matter. How can i get a letter from ukba stating i can work.

Is there any other email id of ukba?

Coz this people do not replying to any query now a days...

WRS

Post by WRS » Tue May 29, 2012 12:09 am

Please go through this post. It mentions the UKBA helpline number to call.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=sacked

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 29, 2012 12:14 am

vinny wrote:See also Sponsors, paranoia and unfair dismissal and valid application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Tue May 29, 2012 4:22 pm

maheshmsalunke wrote:But my employer has given med ref no ofthe letter theyhave received from Home office. So thats fact. But issue is to clear the matter. How can i get a letter from ukba stating i can work.

Is there any other email id of ukba?

Coz this people do not replying to any query now a days...
How about asking to see the letter and not the reference number, remember that your employer always has access to your ref number, as you have given them previous HO letters stating that you application is with a case worker ect... don't be tricked by him/her, demand to see the letter, I doubt very much HO would give such info to someone who is not the applicant.....
All for one, one for all..... Peace

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu May 31, 2012 10:10 am

Do you have written confirmation from your employer that they have suspended you because of your visa status? Perhaps they are using this as an excuse and really there are other reasons e.g. cost-cuts. It would be useful to get their reason for the suspension in writing, i.e. that it is due to visa, in case you end up in tribunal or legal proceedings (although others would need to comment on whether you could be successful or not, especially if you are a contractor).