ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in uk test, name error

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hannah81
Newly Registered

life in uk test, name error

Post by hannah81 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:15 pm

hi. I booked the test for my husband, he took the test today, and passed. Unfortunately though, I made a mistake of putting the fisrt/last name vice versa. So his first name is the last name and opposite.
So, I just wonder, has anyone included a cover letter with the application for citizenship and it has been fine??? if you apply for citizenship through the service councils provide, would it be OK or still is it a risk of losing the money?
please let me know .
thanks you

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon May 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I would have tried to get the name corrected first and if that is not possible, write a cover letter but that would still be a risk.

Try calling LIUK support on 0800 0154245 and see if they can help.
Give me more Karma (+)

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: life in uk test, name error

Post by Loveislovely » Mon May 28, 2012 10:33 pm

hannah81 wrote:hi. I booked the test for my husband, he took the test today, and passed. Unfortunately though, I made a mistake of putting the fisrt/last name vice versa. So his first name is the last name and opposite.
So, I just wonder, has anyone included a cover letter with the application for citizenship and it has been fine??? if you apply for citizenship through the service councils provide, would it be OK or still is it a risk of losing the money?
please let me know .
thanks you
I would suggest that he retake the test, it would be preferable to lose £50, rather than the cost of the citizenship, if it is not possible to change the name.
All for one, one for all..... Peace