ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension ..Please help and advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sujijenni
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension ..Please help and advice

Post by sujijenni » Mon May 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello Experts

I have been viewing your posts and are really helpful.

My Tier 1 General visa expires on 25th Oct 2012.I am getting married on August 2012 and visiting India between first week of August and returning in the first week of September 2012.

I was initially planning to apply after I come back from India i.e mid September or early October,but many of my friends were advising me dont take chance as I am travelling via London and apply in the last week of July 2012 itself.

I am seeking advice,if I can apply for the extension in the end of July 2012 or shall I apply after I come back in September 2012.
Will I be allowed inside UK with 50 days of visa still valid ?Your valuable replies will help me.

Thanks

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Mon May 28, 2012 8:33 pm

You will be allowed in UK with just 1 day left in your visa. There is no such restrictions on entry.

However, I would suggest, take your friends advice and apply early. You got a valid reason to apply early as you are going abroad to get married. They look into such things. Good Luck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 pm

If your wife will be accompanying you to UK as a PBS dependant before 25-Sep-12, then I would suggest that you apply for extension before you travel to India for your wedding.

Also, don't even think of applying by post in June / July if you wish to travel in August!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Mon May 28, 2012 10:41 pm

As sudesh sir said, you will be allowed even its one day left on your visa. I would suggest apply once you are back. Get your approval letter. Apply for wife visa after your approval. This will save one extension and few hundred quid while applying for your wife visa.

sujijenni
Newly Registered

Post by sujijenni » Tue May 29, 2012 12:35 am

Thanks for the replies,I am planning to apply and bring my wife only after my successfull Tier 1 extension is done.

Can you please let me know if I can come back and apply then as my expiry is on Oct 2012.I will be back by September 1st week .

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Tue May 29, 2012 1:55 am

sujijenni wrote:Can you please let me know if I can come back and apply then as my expiry is on Oct 2012.I will be back by September 1st week .
So long you don't apply more than a month in advance, they will give you your visa from the expiry date. In many cases they have given the visa from expiry even when the extension was applied few months in advance. It all depends on the case worker and how good is your excuse. But 1 thing is for sure that so long you apply within a month before your expiry and not before that, you will get extension from your expiry date.

The above information comes from lot of case readings on this forum. And one last thing, don't forget what Sushdmehta said, do not even think of applying by post if you do it before your visit abroad as that can take considerable amount of time.