ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cant remember the date of application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Cant remember the date of application

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 pm

HI Guys,

Is there any way we can trace back the actual date of application. I dont the exact date I applied at the embassy in Delhi.
Edit:
This is related to the following question on the Application Form:

D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

Thanks
Last edited by keepsmilinyaar on Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msk1977

Post by msk1977 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:08 pm

I too need to know.. I recall applying in 1st week of July 2010, but do not know exact date.

Is there a way to find it using reference number on the VISA ?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Cant remember the date of application

Post by silent_warrior » Mon May 28, 2012 11:37 pm

keepsmilinyaar wrote:HI Guys,

Is there any way we can trace back the actual date of application. I dont the exact date I applied at the embassy in Delhi.
Edit:

Thanks
You will find this date on the 'entry clearance vignette'(in your passport) which was issued when you entered UK the first time.

msk1977

Post by msk1977 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:44 am

>> You will find this date on the 'entry clearance vignette'

Where.. ?? the visa stamp has valid from date. and there is immigration seal
on date of entry into UK.

What we are asking is how to find date of first application ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 9:05 am

msk1977 wrote:What we are asking is how to find date of first application ?
Then the question is - why do you need to find that date in ordr to complete the form? The form doesn't ask for it.

Anyhow, if you don't remember it then the only way to find that out is by making a subject access request (specifically asking for information that you need).
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue May 29, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 29, 2012 11:14 am

keepsmilinyaar wrote:HI Guys,

Edit:

Thanks
This is the valid from date on your original EC visa in your passport (& not the date you submitted your visa application to the consulate or the date you entered the UK). At least that is my interpretation of the question asked & I've personally never faced an issue when I stated this in my past applications.

tkumarp
Newly Registered

Post by tkumarp » Tue May 29, 2012 11:36 am

The second part in the VFS reference number is the date of the initial tier-1 application. May be this reference number can be kept handy. To be sure of the initial Tier-1 application date.

WRS

Post by WRS » Tue May 29, 2012 11:52 am

cs95tdg wrote:This is the valid from date on your original EC visa in your passport (& not the date you submitted your visa application to the consulate or the date you entered the UK).
Hi cs95tdg, i am afraid this is not always correct. When applying, the date when you submit the application is your date of application; the visa issue date may not be the same as your visa valid from date. I'll give you my example, when i applied for entry clearance i requested for a 3 months post dated visa since i didn't had immediate travel plans, so my visa application date was 15 Jan 2009, i received my passport with visa stamped in one week (24-Jan-2009) and my visa vignette was showing visa valid from 15-Apr-2009.
Last edited by WRS on Tue May 29, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

WRS wrote:
Hi cs95tdg, i am afraid this is not correct. When applying, the date when you submit the application (either by post/PEO etc) is your date of application not the date your visa is valid from.
I did not remember the exact date of my application. I provided an approximate date and got the extension. The point is you should have this date but in case you don't, the visa application is not going to be rejected because the original application date was not accurate.
Give me more Karma (+)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 12:00 pm

keepsmilinyaar wrote:D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?
cs95tdg wrote:This is the valid from date on your original EC visa in your passport (& not the date you submitted your visa application to the consulate or the date you entered the UK).
And how is cs95tdg not correct in what he has posted? It is the most straightforward and accurate answer to the OP's query.

WRS

Post by WRS » Tue May 29, 2012 12:02 pm

QuickSam wrote:in case you don't, the visa application is not going to be rejected because the original application date was not accurate.
Agreed!

WRS

Post by WRS » Tue May 29, 2012 12:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
keepsmilinyaar wrote:D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?
And how is cs95tdg not correct in what he has posted? It is the most straightforward and accurate answer to the OP's query.
Hi Sushdmehta, i edited my post above to include my example to clarify why it is not always correct.

"I'll give you my example, when i applied for entry clearance i requested for a 3 months post dated visa since i didn't had immediate travel plans, so my visa application date was 15 Jan 2009, i received my passport with visa stamped in one week (24-Jan-2009) and my visa vignette was showing visa valid from 15-Apr-2009."

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 12:15 pm

WRS wrote:Hi Sushdmehta, i edited my post above to include my example to clarify why it is not always correct.

"I'll give you my example, when i applied for entry clearance i requested for a 3 months post dated visa since i didn't had immediate travel plans, so my visa application date was 15 Jan 2009, i received my passport with visa stamped in one week (24-Jan-2009) and my visa vignette was showing visa valid from 15-Apr-2009."
Irrespective of your personal experience, the claim isn't accurate.
There are only two significant dates on the entry clearance -
1. The 'effective' date which is the date on which the entry clearance is issued (and therefore the date on which the applicant can travel); and
2. The 'expiry' date which is the date when the entry clearance will not be valid for travel to the UK.

When a decision was made on your entry clearance or when the vignette was physically stamped / affixed in your passport are "completely irrelevant"!
Hence, for the OP to answer the question, he should follow cs95tdg's suggestion.

1. The form does not ask for "date of application".
2. You don't know the date on which a decision was made / vignette affixed. You only know that it must be a date (speculation) between the date of application and date you received your passport.
3. The form asks for specific factual information.

Personal experience doesn't necessarily mean that it is what it must be.
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed May 30, 2012 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

WRS

Post by WRS » Tue May 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta for the correction! Indeed ECB9.4 validity of entry clearance rule on the UKBA website that you have forwarded seconds what you are saying. I wasn't aware of this interpretation of UKBA of visa issue date to be same of visa valid from date.

Regards,

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu May 31, 2012 4:11 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
WRS wrote:Hi Sushdmehta, i edited my post above to include my example to clarify why it is not always correct.

Irrespective of your personal experience, the claim isn't accurate.
There are only two significant dates on the entry clearance -
1. The 'effective' date which is the date on which the entry clearance is issued (and therefore the date on which the applicant can travel); and
2. The 'expiry' date which is the date when the entry clearance will not be valid for travel to the UK.

When a decision was made on your entry clearance or when the vignette was physically stamped / affixed in your passport are "completely irrelevant"!
Hence, for the OP to answer the question, he should follow cs95tdg's suggestion.

1. The form does not ask for "date of application".
2. You don't know the date on which a decision was made / vignette affixed. You only know that it must be a date (speculation) between the date of application and date you received your passport.
3. The form asks for specific factual information.

Personal experience doesn't necessarily mean that it is what it must be.

I agree with the above, and the fact that the form never asks for date application was made. But then the points based calculator asks for the date the application was made.

Now why do they ask this ? I assume, it is because they can then employ the same rules that was valid as on date of initial application. Now how will they know that date unless the applicant submits the points based summary sheet ?

Well, I am asking this to understand the importance of the date the application was made ?

My case was similar to that of WRS,
Application date: 26 March 2009
Visa valid from : June 2012

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 31, 2012 4:44 pm

O_Relly wrote:Well, I am asking this to understand the importance of the date the application was made ?
Because the immigration rules (and in turn the specifics in the policy guidance) that apply to you are those that were in force on the date of the application (and not those that were in force on the date that EC was issued).

Very relevant if there are changes introduced between the date of application and date of issue.

Whenever you browse through the policy guidance again, look for the phrase "under the rules in place". You'll find that the points one scores for each attribute is based on the rules on the date of the application.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu May 31, 2012 9:07 pm

O_Relly wrote: But then the points based calculator asks for the date the application was made.

Now why do they ask this ? I assume, it is because they can then employ the same rules that was valid as on date of initial application. Now how will they know that date unless the applicant submits the points based summary sheet ?
The UKBA hold records of all previous applications submitted by an applicant. So they will have the date of your original application with them to determine which rules to apply. With regards to the PBS calculator, as far as I'm aware this is just a UKBA tool given to applicants to help them with self-assessment to determine eligibility easily.