ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP+FLR total in three weeks!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uniuni
Newly Registered

WP+FLR total in three weeks!

Post by uniuni » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:57 pm

Hi members

Thank you always for providing useful information and answering my questions!

Today I received my passport with a residence permit sticker. :D
I had been really nervous since I heard that the process would take 6-8weeks.

I just wanted to let people know that it took me only 'three' weeks! (including both WP and FLR) I actually sent out my FLR application on the 16th. (got a WP approval letter on the 6th of July)
The HO certainly improved its service. So those who have been waiting for their passports back might receive it in any minitute!!!

Wish you all the best.

uniuni

K2004

Post by K2004 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:29 pm

congratulations Uni Uni

I sent my FLR application 2 days ago,, ( i was wating for my bank statment)... i sent the follow:

Statment / photos/ passport/ police registration/ and a copy of letter sent to my employer from WP/ do you think thats enough for WPX ??

how did they return your passport?

uniuni
Newly Registered

Where is my workpermit???

Post by uniuni » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:41 pm

Dear members

It's uniuni again.

I just have some questions about my workpermit. I called the HO so many times but can never get through...(the line is always busy)
I would be really pleased if you could help me, especially any info or advice from those who got a workpermit under the new rules/system (after April 2004).

Although I got my passport back and it's got a residence permit sticker on, the sticker does not state anything about my employment (just says WPUK Moorfoot in the section of place of issue).
Also, there is no letter or certificate type of paper enclosed, which actually indicates my employment status, etc.
I just got a letter saying 'I am returning the enclosed passport with an extension of stay in the UK...'
The letter also says 'A letter from Work Permits (UK) is enclosed'. So does this mean there is supposed to be another letter apart from this letter??? Did the HO just forget to enclose it?

My questions is 'then where is my workpermit certificate?' or 'is there not such a thing?' I thought I could get a paper certificate of my permit with my passport.

I'll try to speak to the HO but if any of you already knows something about it, could you let me know???

Thank you.

uniuni

uniuni
Newly Registered

My application

Post by uniuni » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:51 pm

Dear K2004

I just got your message.

Well let me think what I enclosed with my FLR application...

Application form
Photos
A letter from employer (date of start/ type of employment / salary etc.)
Bank statement
Letter from myself stating my urgent situation (I really doubted if it helps but I did it just in case...)

I didn't send police certificate because I was not required to do so.

The passport was sent back by recorded delivery. So I think you have no worries.

Could you let me know what is enclosed with your passport when you receive yours.

Thanks.

uniuni

K2004

Post by K2004 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:53 pm

Thanks uniuni

I will let you know as soon as i get it back

cheers

K2004

Post by K2004 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:57 pm

by the way , did you get an aknowledgment that they are dealing with your case before sending your passport ? i have not recieved anything yet...

regards

uniuni
Newly Registered

Acknowledgement letter

Post by uniuni » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:03 pm

Hi K2004,

Yes, I forgot to mention it but I received an acknowledgement letter a few days ago. I really didn't expect to get my passport back so soon.

The date on the letter is the 19th. They (finance office in Cannock) should have received my application on the 16th (I sent out on the 15th in fact), which means it took only two working days to process my payment and then my application was passed onto a caseworker! It seems that the actual consideration for FLR took about one week in my case.

Hope you'll get it back soon.

asif
Newly Registered

Re: Where is my workpermit???

Post by asif » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:35 pm

[quote="uniuni"]Dear members

It's uniuni again.

I just have some questions about my workpermit. I called the HO so many times but can never get through...(the line is always busy)
I would be really pleased if you could help me, especially any info or advice from those who got a workpermit under the new rules/system (after April 2004).

Although I got my passport back and it's got a residence permit sticker on, the sticker does not state anything about my employment (just says WPUK Moorfoot in the section of place of issue).
Also, there is no letter or certificate type of paper enclosed, which actually indicates my employment status, etc.
I just got a letter saying 'I am returning the enclosed passport with an extension of stay in the UK...'
The letter also says 'A letter from Work Permits (UK) is enclosed'. So does this mean there is supposed to be another letter apart from this letter??? Did the HO just forget to enclose it?

My questions is 'then where is my workpermit certificate?' or 'is there not such a thing?' I thought I could get a paper certificate of my permit with my passport.

I'll try to speak to the HO but if any of you already knows something about it, could you let me know???

Thank you.

hi uni uni

congratulations first,and i want to tell you that you must wait for few days or weeks because HO doesnt send the all documents together ,therefor you must wait for next few days or 2 weeks minimum,i hope you ,ll receive your all relavent documents ,bz i am in uk and have experience that HO send documents saperately.and good luck best of luck ,and would you tell me please ,on what grounds you got your WP visa or WP ,bz i want to also apply for WP , iwant some information about wP take care bye,all your information ,ll be appreciated

uniuni[/quote]

uniuni
Newly Registered

My WP

Post by uniuni » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:33 pm

Hi asif.

Thank you for your message.
I understand the HO often make some odd mistakes. In my friend's case, the HO sent ONLY a 'sticker', WITHOUT passport!!! How could it happen?!

The reason why I'm so worried is because the letter sent with my passport clearly says 'a letter from the WorkPermits is enclosed' and there is no such a letter enclosed.
Well...I'm a bit relieved to hear your case. I'll ring up the HO and will wait for the rest of the documents.

BTW, regarding my circumustances...
my profession is a teacher, which is in a categry of shortage occupation. My employer,a secondary school, did not have to advertise a vacancy on newspapers. (they actually did, but not for a month)
I don't know how much this affected the speed of the application process.

Hope you'll get yours soon.
Wish you all the luck.

uniuni

neo__x

Re: Where is my workpermit???

Post by neo__x » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:23 pm

asif wrote:
uniuni wrote:Dear members

It's uniuni again.

Thank you.

hi uni uni

congratulations first,and i want to tell you that you must wait for few days or weeks because HO doesnt send the all documents together ,therefor you must wait for next few days or 2 weeks minimum,i hope you ,ll receive your all relavent documents ,bz i am in uk and have experience that HO send documents saperately.and good luck best of luck ,and would you tell me please ,on what grounds you got your WP visa or WP ,bz i want to also apply for WP , iwant some information about wP take care bye,all your information ,ll be appreciated

uniuni

Easy way to dial in to workpermits....

Call the Work Permits UK number.

Press 2 after a bit (After a few seconds)

Then Press 8

There will be a bit of silence. Then a recorded female voice will say, 'extension XXXX (I think 1628) is busy, please try another' .. even while she is speaking, straightaway key in that extension. Keep trying, you will get ahead of the queue.