ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Natwest bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nk148
Newly Registered

Natwest bank statements

Post by nk148 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I am about to submit my tier 1 extension application, so asked Natwest to provide me with 12-month statements showing my income.

The bank said they can send to my address "transaction history statements" on official Natwest letter (A4) showing all transactions for the whole period. They said that these statements are accepted by UKBA.
I am a bit worried about these statements cause in my previous applications to UKBA I always sent original statements ( the small original copies you get if you opt for paper statements). Has anyone used the A4 statements in their applications? are they acceptable by UKBA?

Thanks,

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 pm

well, i dont have the right answer, but I will be going to a solicitor tomorrow and will be asking him the same question, In case I forget to get back to you, do message me.

However, from what I have heard, they should work.
also with Natwest, for anything more than 6 months, you have no other option but to request one over the phone and they will ONLY be delivered via post .

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Natwest bank statements

Post by silent_warrior » Mon May 28, 2012 11:48 pm

nk148 wrote:Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I am about to submit my tier 1 extension application, so asked Natwest to provide me with 12-month statements showing my income.

The bank said they can send to my address "transaction history statements" on official Natwest letter (A4) showing all transactions for the whole period. They said that these statements are accepted by UKBA.
I am a bit worried about these statements cause in my previous applications to UKBA I always sent original statements ( the small original copies you get if you opt for paper statements). Has anyone used the A4 statements in their applications? are they acceptable by UKBA?

Thanks,
Point 164 of Tier 1 guidance policy clearly states what kind of statements you need.Click here for guidance notes.
The personal bank or building society
statements should clearly show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day
period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £800 or £900 where appropriate) covering the 90 day period before the date of application;
All statements must be on the bank’s stationery, unless the applicant is submitting electronic statements.
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Depends on what you (and they) mean by "official NatWest letter (A4)".

The policy guidance clearly states the format of the bank statements and what they must show. As long as the specified requirements are met, there is nothing to worry about.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Tue May 29, 2012 12:49 pm

I have recently submitted my Santander bank statement strting from 1st Feb to 4th May. This was requested by me and they have sent on official stationary.

This statement has my name, address, bank account, IBAN number. So it will be acceptable. As long as this is on your Natwest statement. I think you will be fine.