ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email From Tier 1 Post Study Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mojeepo
Newly Registered

Email From Tier 1 Post Study Application

Post by mojeepo » Sat May 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Hey Guys,

I am in same situation like anybody else in this forum, I have done my Biometric on 26th of March and I haven'y received anything from then.

BUT I have just recieved email from a person in uk borde agency in Sheffield :
"
Dear Sir,

I am an immigration caseworker working for the UK Border Agency in Sheffield. I am currently considering your application for further leave to remain in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 Post Study Migrant. In order to help me consider your application further I require the following information from you:

· You provided Lloyds TSB bank statements dated from 01November 2011 to 16 February 2012 meet the maintenance attribute, however statements dated from 13 February 2011 to 21 December 2011 had been omitted. Could you therefore provide bank statements ( stamped by the issuing bank if they are not originals ) dated from 13 February 2011 to 21 December 2011.

Please ensure that these documents are sent via post to the address stated below by 08 June 2012.

Failure to submit the information requested within the timeframe specified will result in the application being considered on the information already available and may result in the application being refused.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

"

Does anybody know why I received this email and what I have to do?

Tnx

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Sounds like the dates the caseworker has put in the email are wrong but that some of your statements are missing. Email the caseworker back to clarify.

mojeepo
Newly Registered

Post by mojeepo » Sat May 26, 2012 3:33 pm

I think so,

I have sent an email to clarify.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 4:03 pm

what was the format of the email address from which you r'd the email and what was the address they asked you to send the statements to (you don't have to put the full address - just put firstname.secondname@.....)?

mojeepo
Newly Registered

Post by mojeepo » Sat May 26, 2012 4:49 pm

email address is firstname.lastname@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

and the address which I have to send my document is:

firstname lastname
tier 1 HST6
Sheffield Postcode

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Greenie wrote:Sounds like the dates the caseworker has put in the email are wrong but that some of your statements are missing. Email the caseworker back to clarify.
@ Greenie,

The email was dt 26th May 2012 (Saturday)... Its fake man, the home office don't work in week-ends and who can a staff email from ....@homeoffice.gov.gsi.uk ( they have to log in to thier website and in week end its not possible at all)

Kartik
Sent from HTC mobile

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 6:35 pm

They do work on weekends especially when there are backlogs. the email address format posted by the op is correct.

What is the postcode?

mojeepo
Newly Registered

Post by mojeepo » Sat May 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Sheffield S3 8NU

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Have they included the rest of the address and is that Vulcan house?

If so sounds genuine to me.

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Tue May 29, 2012 12:17 pm

mojeepo wrote:email address is firstname.lastname@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

and the address which I have to send my document is:

firstname lastname
tier 1 HST6
Sheffield Postcode
100% genuine because spammers cannot/will not create and maintain email server with @UKBA.gsi.gov.uk So be carefull don't ignore email.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Well technically you don't need a server to create a fake email ID. I have got an email client and can create any email id I want and send the person an email with the option to receive a reply. However a tech savvy person should be able to discover that if he checks the header of the message which would clearly outline the server information. (But I doubt many of us would actually wouldn't know how to do this and this is where the spammers get you).

But excluding the possibility of any spam, the email does seem genuine and seems to be in the correct format. In any case the OP is sending the docs directly to UKBA so there is little incentive for any spammers other than friends having a joke/laugh at the expense of the OP.