ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sussexguy

Online application

Post by sussexguy » Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi,
I think currently there are both options-paper and online submission of the Tier 2 (General) VISA.
Does anyone know if one is better than the other or at best wheter the online submission is likely to make the process quicker? One is still required to post the documents by post I would have thought.

Thanks,S

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Visa means applying outside the UK; you don't get visas inside the UK. You can apply for leave to remain (a residence permit) from inside the UK. So which situation are you talking about?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Online application

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 9:57 pm

sussexguy wrote:wheter the online submission is likely to make the process quicker?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Tue May 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Visa means applying outside the UK; you don't get visas inside the UK. You can apply for leave to remain (a residence permit) from inside the UK. So which situation are you talking about?

Leave to remain indeed

sussexguy

Re: Online application

Post by sussexguy » Tue May 29, 2012 12:58 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
sussexguy wrote:wheter the online submission is likely to make the process quicker?
No.

Thanks. Since I have not done an online application before, I am assuming it is going to be pretty normal- Fill out the online form, submit it and send off the physical documents by post. correct me if I'm wrong.