ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walldorfian
BANNED

Tier1 Dependent Visa

Post by walldorfian » Mon May 28, 2012 10:37 am

Dear Friends,

I trust you guys are doing good.

I wish to describe my situation with regards to the Visa application for my Wife.

(a) I got engaged to my friend on 15th May 2012 in India.
(b) We registered the marriage on 18th May 2012 in India.
(c) Marriage will happen as per traditions / customs in India, Month of October 2012.

The idea has been to possess the visa at the time of marriage to enable both of us to depart together.

_questions

(a) We both have nearly 4 months before sorting the visa. When is it ideal to apply for the visa? (i.e, if i apply for visa this week, would there be issues in case my partner travels with me during october?)

(b) is it mandatory to prove the chat transcripts / phone call logs as part of the dependent visa application form?

Many thanks for the help.
walldorfian

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 10:47 am

1. If your marriage is legally registered and you have a marriage certificate to support it, your spouse may apply anytime she wishes.
2. There is no requirement to provide evidence of subsisting relationship before the relationship came into existence (marriage).

That said, I haven't seen a post in the recent past (more than a year, IIRC) where a PBS dependant was refused for lack of evidence of subsisting relationship. Not sure if ECOs are now instructed not to refuse for this reason or whether no one has applied under circumstances wherein such evidence(s) may be considered necessary.

Where will you be between now and October 2012? In India or UK?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

walldorfian
BANNED

Post by walldorfian » Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 am

[quote]1. If your marriage is legally registered and you have a marriage certificate to support it, your spouse may apply anytime she wishes.

2. There is no requirement to provide evidence of subsisting relationship before the relationship came into existence (marriage).

That said, I haven't seen a post in the recent past (more than a year, IIRC) where a PBS dependant was refused for lack of evidence of subsisting relationship. Not sure if ECOs are now instructed not to refuse for this reason or whether no one has applied under circumstances wherein such evidence(s) may be considered necessary.
[/quote]

THANK YOU

[quote]
Where will you be between now and October 2012? In India or UK?
[/quote]

I will be in [b]London[/b] while my wife will be based out of [b]Mumbai[/b]. My marriage was registered in my home town [b]Bangalore[/b].

(q1) : should my wife apply from Mumbai VFS or Bangalore VFS?
(q2) : applying for visa in the current week and traveling in the month of october / november should pose any problem?

Many thanks again
Wall

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 11:34 am

Given that you and your wife will be away from each other between now and October, so if she intends to defer her application to later months (rather than doing it now), you may wish to consider (your choice and call) providing evidences of subsisting relationship - for the time period between 18-May and date of application.

1. Where she should apply at depends on where she is resident at the time of application.
2. She may travel to UK anytime before the expiry date of her leave.

walldorfian
BANNED

Post by walldorfian » Tue May 29, 2012 10:01 am

Hi,

many thanks.

(a) we have now decided to apply for visa next week [ 2 weeks after marriage] as my partner wishes to attend olympics.

(b) can the bank statements be 2 weeks old while applying for dependent visa in India?

(c) should the employment proof be original / can it be scanned along with the payslip?

sorry for all the silly questions?

walldorfian

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 10:03 am

walldorfian
BANNED

Post by walldorfian » Tue May 29, 2012 10:09 am

many thanks for the link.

employment proof is not required, i gather.

i fail to see that the bank statement should be 31 days before the date of application. is it safe to assume so?.

apologies again.

walldorfian

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 10:14 am

walldorfian wrote:i fail to see that the bank statement should be 31 days before the date of application.
The opening post of the linked topic also suggests:
To being with, read the policy guidance.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. If your marriage is legally registered and you have a marriage certificate to support it, your spouse may apply anytime she wishes.

@sushdmehta - I'm planning to register my marriage in oct 2012 and then I will apply Tier 1 dependent visa(may be gap between marriage certificate and visa apply is 7 - 10 days). In this case, I DO NOT provide any evidences of relationship like call logs, email exchanges and etc... ? Is my understanding correct ??

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 29, 2012 1:15 pm

walldorfian wrote:many thanks for the link.

employment proof is not required, i gather.

i fail to see that the bank statement should be 31 days before the date of application. is it safe to assume so?.

apologies again.

walldorfian
The bank statements should not be less than a month old. However make sure that your last transaction was done well with that 'less than a month old' period.
As you are giving bank statements which are just two weeks old; it should suffice. Read the Guidance policy for more reference Dependent Guidance
Also refere to this link.sushdmehta has already pointed out this link in the previous thread
PBS Dependents