ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Entry stamp missing on passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BD2012
Newly Registered

UK Entry stamp missing on passport

Post by BD2012 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:04 am

Hi
I am going to apply for ILR application. I suddenly found one of my tour from UK to Holland where there is no stamp (date entry to UK) on passport when I came back. I need to write on SET (O) form the entry date to UK. I know that date exactly but the problem is no stamp on the passport.

Please note I was a student that time and I went Holland as part of my college study. Firstly I received visa for a week, then the college extended for 6 month schengen visa. I went by air when they put the stamp but when I came back to UK by bus.

I am wondering if someone can advice me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 10:16 am

Making a Subject Access Request may help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:08 pm

I just realised I have an entry stamp missing when coming back form a trip to Dublin. There is no border control when flights arrive from Ireland, hence, no stamp.

Will this be a problem when I apply my ILR at PEO?

Thank you.

golu

Post by golu » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 pm

I had three entry stamps missing when coming back to UK from Netherlands, I had 16 trips in 4 months between UK and Netherlands.

When I applied for SAR requesting details of entry and exit they sent me only details of India trips. they clearly stated that this is the only data they hold about my entry and exits. They also said they dont necessarily hold all trip data about someone who has longer visas and have been out on short trips. Wordings were different but idea was same.

I luckily had entry and leavign stamp from Netherlands so I was able to justify the missing stamp.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Also BD2012,
I read somewhere that if the details cant be cross checked using the passport stamps (or UKBA system) it will give the applicant benifit of doubt.

Can I suggest:
1. See if you can do the SAR thingy like sushdmehta suggest.
2. See if you can find out about the travel ticket from your email (I did that for my travel dates, just searched my gmail account as Ive always used this to make all bookings).... But I'm sure you have done this...
Mohit

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Also please note that SAR report has a 40 days turn around...
Mohit

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:20 pm

ron17 wrote:I just realised I have an entry stamp missing when coming back form a trip to Dublin. There is no border control when flights arrive from Ireland, hence, no stamp.

Will this be a problem when I apply my ILR at PEO?

Thank you.
I have rang UKBA today and asked about this. The lady told me it shouldn't be a problem when I apply for ILR, as there is no border control for flights from Ireland (hence, no passport stamp). She said just put the date I arrived back in the UK and probably better if I can show boarding passes for the flights etc.

I do have my confirmation email from the airline and boarding passes, so hopefully it should be ok.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:35 am

BD2012 wrote:I have got the same problem happened when I came back from The Netherland on March, 2003. They did not put any entry stamp on my passport.
I dont know whether it could be a problem because I am going to apply ILR application very soon.

Anybody please let me know if I can do anything for that, or if i can get this data managed from enywhere?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!