ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon PEO 25TH May

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameergk
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon PEO 25TH May

Post by sameergk » Fri May 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Hello,
My ILR was approved today at croydon ( HSMP-> Tier1). I would like to thank everyone who has shared their experiences and knowledge on this forum. It helped me to understand what to expect on the day..
The whole process was pretty smooth, though it took longer than I anticipated. Appointment at 8.45 am-> reached at 8 am but was asked to wait till 8.15 -> got through the initial verification by 9.30 am but had to wait for biometric enrollment till 10.30am -> then a further 90 mins for the biometric results to come back ( which is the bottleneck and has caused issues in the past) -> met the caseworker at 12 and was asked to come back in 2 hrs -> got the documents back with the decision at 2.30. The caseworker took slightly more than an hour to process the application. And by the way I wasn't asked for P60s..

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success at Croydon PEO 25TH May

Post by nionlight » Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm

sameergk wrote:Hello,
My ILR was approved today at croydon ( HSMP-> Tier1). I would like to thank everyone who has shared their experiences and knowledge on this forum. It helped me to understand what to expect on the day..
The whole process was pretty smooth, though it took longer than I anticipated. Appointment at 8.45 am-> reached at 8 am but was asked to wait till 8.15 -> got through the initial verification by 9.30 am but had to wait for biometric enrollment till 10.30am -> then a further 90 mins for the biometric results to come back ( which is the bottleneck and has caused issues in the past) -> met the caseworker at 12 and was asked to come back in 2 hrs -> got the documents back with the decision at 2.30. The caseworker took slightly more than an hour to process the application. And by the way I wasn't asked for P60s..
Congratulation mate. Did you claim same point as your previous Tier-1 or was it more/less?

Thanks.

sameergk
Newly Registered

Post by sameergk » Fri May 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks mate, I claimed 10 points more for salary than last time.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat May 26, 2012 9:04 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your future.

sameergk
Newly Registered

Post by sameergk » Sat May 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Many thanks smam

Hassan Butt, am responding here to your private message regarding the documentation I submitted

A. Proof of Earnings: last 12 months bank statements, 12 payslips with employer's signature and seal and letter from employer confirming payments made along with the date ( as the payment dates were different from payslip processing dates )
Note: Even though I wasn't asked for P60s it is advisable to carry them as many members on this forum have been asked for them. I did not have P60 for one year , so had carried relevant payslips

B. age: same as that claimed last time.
C. Education: already proven last time
D. maintenance funds: asked to consider last 3 months bank satements. I also submitted a letter from HSBC which stated the minimum balance maintained in the last 3 months. Also submitted Cash ISA statements for the last one year ( even though the bank statements should be sufficient )

E.Proof of cohabitation: As I did not have a single document with both mine and my spouse's name for the first one year of her stay in UK , I submitted around 15 different letters addressed to her and myself ,separately. These included
i.letter from GP indicating that she was registered with them while staying in a particular address,
ii.Letters from NHS for screenings, bolod donation, surveys, etc
iii. Polling cards from council
iv.driving test pass certificate
v.National insurance letter
vi.rental agreement in my name and many bills in my name
I also submitted quite a few documents as proof of cohabitation in the second address.

I dont think so many were required, but thought it would add more weight to my case.

My spouse's name was spelt slightly incorrectly in my passport and marriage certificate, so as suggested by some members on this forum I got her to declare this in the presence of a Notary public and submitted the document.

Apart from these I also submitted a cover letter which summarised all of the documentation provided , along with the self assessment summary sheet from UKBA for the points scored

When handing over the documents to the case worker I made sure I explained each type of documentation to her so as to avoid confusion

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 29, 2012 1:57 pm

congrats sameergk

rdrp
Newly Registered

Post by rdrp » Tue May 29, 2012 3:12 pm

sameergk wrote:Many thanks smam

Hassan Butt, am responding here to your private message regarding the documentation I submitted

A. Proof of Earnings: last 12 months bank statements, 12 payslips with employer's signature and seal and letter from employer confirming payments made along with the date ( as the payment dates were different from payslip processing dates )
Note: Even though I wasn't asked for P60s it is advisable to carry them as many members on this forum have been asked for them. I did not have P60 for one year , so had carried relevant payslips

B. age: same as that claimed last time.
C. Education: already proven last time
D. maintenance funds: asked to consider last 3 months bank satements. I also submitted a letter from HSBC which stated the minimum balance maintained in the last 3 months. Also submitted Cash ISA statements for the last one year ( even though the bank statements should be sufficient )

E.Proof of cohabitation: As I did not have a single document with both mine and my spouse's name for the first one year of her stay in UK , I submitted around 15 different letters addressed to her and myself ,separately. These included
i.letter from GP indicating that she was registered with them while staying in a particular address,
ii.Letters from NHS for screenings, bolod donation, surveys, etc
iii. Polling cards from council
iv.driving test pass certificate
v.National insurance letter
vi.rental agreement in my name and many bills in my name
I also submitted quite a few documents as proof of cohabitation in the second address.

I dont think so many were required, but thought it would add more weight to my case.

My spouse's name was spelt slightly incorrectly in my passport and marriage certificate, so as suggested by some members on this forum I got her to declare this in the presence of a Notary public and submitted the document.

Apart from these I also submitted a cover letter which summarised all of the documentation provided , along with the self assessment summary sheet from UKBA for the points scored

When handing over the documents to the case worker I made sure I explained each type of documentation to her so as to avoid confusion
Is documentation for maintenance funds mandatory?

sameergk
Newly Registered

Post by sameergk » Thu May 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Yes it is. The last point in Section 11A , page 39 of the SET(O) form is as below:

Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5).

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:20 am

Congratulation mate.
How many days were you away in the last 5 years?
Was that discussed?

sameergk
Newly Registered

Post by sameergk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks mohit
I was outside uk for aroud 140 days with 12 trips. If not for the policy of excluding the days of travel and return I would have been quite close to the 180 day mark.

I wasnt asked any specific question on this aspect. However I had prepared a cover letter detailing all the trips and summarising the total number of days absent, which I handed over to the caseworker. So that probably answered all her queries regarding absences

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 pm

thanks for clariyfing that sameer...
cheers