ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is it required to fill 'Change of circumstance letter'?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tapas_16880

When is it required to fill 'Change of circumstance letter'?

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi, I was reading the guidance notes for tier-1 general and it is mentioned that tier-1 candidate should fill this form to notify the below things:
"Change of Circumstances
167. If during your stay under Tier 1
(General), you wish to amend:
• Your contact details; or
• Details of your criminal convictions; or
• Your representative’s details; or
• Your dependants details
"
So, under the contact details:
"Contact details
Address change: Provide the previous and the new address in full including the postcode.
Telephone number: State the full number including the area code.
Email address: State the amended email address."

My question is when is it required? Suppose if I change my residence address and moved to a new property, should I need to filll the form and notify UKBA everytime I do this?

When actually it is required?
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Reading the Migrant change of circumstances form will help answer that question.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Sorry, I have checked the form but it doesn't clearly tells me "WHEN" would one need to fill this specific form.

Can u elaborate please?

Thanks,
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Plz can someone respond? Im a bit worried and wondering if I need to fill this form as I started living at the current address from 1st dec and my visa expiring in this july
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 29, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the question here, but the obvious answer is, you should complete the form at the time when your circumstances change. So if the form says you should notify the UKBA if your contact details & address has changed then that's when you need to send the completed form to them.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 29, 2012 7:49 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:Sorry, I have checked the form but it doesn't clearly tells me "WHEN" would one need to fill this specific form.
Doesn't it? I believe page 5 has one full paragraph that answers "when" and another that answers "when not to"!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Sorry Guys, then I didn't know that any change of address, we need to notify UKBA. Now the situation is - my appointment is on 26th June and visa expiring on 23rd July.

Can I then fill the form and send to sheffield? Is it now late or it is okay to send it now?

Two changes I need to mention. a) I have renewed my passport and hence a new passport is given.

b) I have changed my address.

Please help me guys!, can I send this form now? is that ok?

Will it affect my t-1 extension???
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:41 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:Sorry Guys, then I didn't know that any change of address, we need to notify UKBA. Now the situation is - my appointment is on 26th June and visa expiring on 23rd July.

Can I then fill the form and send to sheffield? Is it now late or it is okay to send it now?

Two changes I need to mention. a) I have renewed my passport and hence a new passport is given.

It is not mandatory to notify about these changes. I had both these changes and did not know that these needs to be notified to UKBA. My extension was approved within expected time last week. I do not expect any problems due to these two.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:Sorry Guys, then I didn't know that any change of address, we need to notify UKBA. Now the situation is - my appointment is on 26th June and visa expiring on 23rd July.

You could send it now. But personally I wouldn't, as you barely have 4 weeks until your PEO appointment. I presume in the Tier 1 extension application form you have stated your previous and current address where it has been requested? If so the UKBA will use those details as the basis for the extension application. As for the renewal of your passport, I don't believe this is something you need to notify the UKBA of using the Change of Circumstances form. I know I didn't do this and didn't have any issues when extending my visa subsequent to that.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:53 am

Guys,
I called up UKBA this morning and told about this form. She said you need to notify UKBA about ur address and/or passport changes. Also, in the contact section on our website, there is a link to update the contact details online... You need to do that alongside.
She also mentioned, circumstances form has nothing to do with t-1 extension. These two are not inter dependant.
So, I filled up the form, updated my contact details online(asked to fill the HO reference number as mandatory field and I have put the red number that is on my visa page as HO reference number and I hope this is correct), wrote a cover letter explaining everything and had sent it to Sheffield address via royal mail.

I know even if I do not fill this form, nothing is going to affect or jeopardise but since t-1 general guidance says you "SHOULD" notify us about any change in circumstances, I thought I will make everything transparent about my whereabouts to UKBA!!!
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:57 am

tapas_16880 wrote:Guys,
I called up UKBA this morning and told about this form. She said you need to notify UKBA about ur address and/or passport changes. Also, in the contact section on our website, there is a link to update the contact details online... You need to do that alongside.
She also mentioned, circumstances form has nothing to do with t-1 extension. These two are not inter dependant.
So, I filled up the form, updated my contact details online(asked to fill the HO reference number as mandatory field and I have put the red number that is on my visa page as HO reference number and I hope this is correct), wrote a cover letter explaining everything and had sent it to Sheffield address via royal mail.

I know even if I do not fill this form, nothing is going to affect or jeopardise but since t-1 general guidance says you "SHOULD" notify us about any change in circumstances, I thought I will make everything transparent about my whereabouts to UKBA!!!
There is no need for all this. You fill the form only when you change address or passport .
Ideally this form is filled during your visa application process and if you have changed address at the same time.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:17 am

I was in a bit of dilemna not because whether not filling this form will cause any impact on my tier-1 application. that's why :

I clearly mentioned my PEO date, my visa expiry date, my new passport issue and expiry date and more importantly the dates when I had lived in the old address and from when I am living in the current address so as to remove any confusion!
Tapas Sarkar,
UK