ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:00 am

From those stats it looks likely we will get a result more near to the 90 day mark.

Makes it at around July time now. :(
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

Gohar23
Newly Registered

Post by Gohar23 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:06 am

r4sh1d wrote:
Shatif wrote:
r4sh1d wrote:
Gohar23 wrote:
yes i have taken that exam. it's very easy. u only need 10 out of 100 & most beautiful thing about BULATS is that u don't need to wait for dates n etc. i registered on 10th of february & my date was 11th of february. it's open on saturdays too. it's a computer based test & very easy & i always advise people to go for bulats instead of ielts.
how long did they take to deliver your results and certificate?

Receive results in 18 working days they say 28 but u normally receive them within 18 days they also give I te result more a less straight away will recieve confirmation and certificate in 18 working days.
over the fone the said 20 days and the form says 28 days so i will take that as 20 working days i.e. four weeks.
hope we can get a date soon.

thanks gohar and shatif.

u r welcome. mind u it's a computer based test & u need to type, read, speak & listen . try to practise as much as u can on ur computer & get friendly with ur computer. lolzzz. take care & may ALLAH bless u.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 am

Hello All,

I´d like your opinion on the following situation:

My brother-in-law got married to a British citizen in March this year; he applied for spouse visa in the last week of April.

- The girl's sister had bought a small business sometime late last year and since then, she had been in her sister's employ as general manager of the shop.

- She showed the income generated from that job in support of the visa application.

- Now (I am not sure when exactly but not too long ago - a few days/weeks at the most) the business has been sold and she is out of a job.

Can the UKBA somehow find out?

Is she actually obligated to report this change in her personal circumstances?

I don´t know whether she is claiming any jobseeker allowance or other benefits.

Thank you!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 29, 2012 8:24 am

ALKB wrote:Hello All,

I´d like your opinion on the following situation:

My brother-in-law got married to a British citizen in March this year; he applied for spouse visa in the last week of April.

- The girl's sister had bought a small business sometime late last year and since then, she had been in her sister's employ as general manager of the shop.

- She showed the income generated from that job in support of the visa application.

- Now (I am not sure when exactly but not too long ago - a few days/weeks at the most) the business has been sold and she is out of a job.

Can the UKBA somehow find out?

Is she actually obligated to report this change in her personal circumstances?

I don´t know whether she is claiming any jobseeker allowance or other benefits.

Thank you!
Yes they will find out once they start making enquiries about the sponsors employment in UK. All Asian businesses are checked by UKBA staff, simply because of incidents such as this. Her best net would be to find alternative employment and inform the Embassy of her new employers, otherwise the application will simply be refused on the basis that the sponsor does not have enough income coming in to support her her spouse without recourse to public funds. :(

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 am

Thank you for the swift reply, Batleykhan!

I was afraid that this would be the case. Both my brother-in-law and his wife seem to be rather oblivious of the whole spouse visa application process.

The whole situation looked a bit dodgy to me from the beginning but selling the business pretty much immediately after the visa application? Not good. Especially since my brother-in-law was also supposed to be working in the 'family business' and has no readily transferable skills.

I just found out about the employment situation by chance, I am not even sure whether my brother-in-law knows. *sigh*

She does seem to be job-hunting but don´t know how dedicated she is.

How long do you think she can be 'in between jobs' before the whole application turns belly up?

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Tue May 29, 2012 8:59 am

sefreak wrote:Settlement Visas

City......... LHR .. ISB

5 days ... 1% .. 0%
10 days .. 1% .. 2%
15 days .. 1% .. 2%
40 days .. 3% .. 4%
60 days .. 63% .. 59%
90 days . 100% .. 100%

The above data is for all decisions made in April 2012

Its just taking longer and longer :(

any idea on the mirpur time frame?

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Tue May 29, 2012 9:39 am

mirpur wrote:
sefreak wrote:Settlement Visas

City......... LHR .. ISB

5 days ... 1% .. 0%
10 days .. 1% .. 2%
15 days .. 1% .. 2%
40 days .. 3% .. 4%
60 days .. 63% .. 59%
90 days . 100% .. 100%

The above data is for all decisions made in April 2012

Its just taking longer and longer :(

any idea on the mirpur time frame?

just found it!

63% within 60 days, 100% in 90 days
pure rubbish!

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 am

Good Mornig Guys. The timescale is depressing as my wife submits her documents tommorrow.

However I am confident it should improve because the new applicants for May/June might get early responses. Is this likley to happen or not?

Thanks

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Tue May 29, 2012 10:19 am

Will the TIMEFRAME EVER IMPROVE AS I AM UNABLE TO WAIT THIS LONG NOW LOL :)

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Tue May 29, 2012 11:00 am

HaroonAli wrote:Will the TIMEFRAME EVER IMPROVE AS I AM UNABLE TO WAIT THIS LONG NOW LOL :)

my advice is as follows and i am telling you with pure honesty.

do not look at time scales as they are unlikely to be correct
do not look at past application times as it means very little
do not bother emailing them as you will not get a worthy response
just send your application in and wait. try to keep the next 8-9 months clear in your life just in case the visa is rejected and you have to do a long appeal.
save up some money for the appeal as some people are not getting their visas on the smallest details so its better to have some money put aside for that.
they will tell you within 60 days when you hand in your application but that is 60 'working' days only so its around 3 months. but even that is not correct as they are now making people wait for up to 90 working days which is around 4.5 months plus a possible further 4-5 months if you have to appeal a rejection.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 1:52 pm

I read somewhere that in may the computer systems had failed which meant they had to turn away alot of people. So maybe now that has caused a back log, They ukba believe that this will happen again.

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

som1984

Post by som1984 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:09 pm

zully wrote:I read somewhere that in may the computer systems had failed which meant they had to turn away alot of people. So maybe now that has caused a back log, They ukba believe that this will happen again.

Zully
hi zully,

why did your app get refused? if you dont mind me asking?

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:26 pm

@ Syma sis xx
U mentioned b4 that a member who appealed in March recieved acknowledegment letter wat deadline were they given.
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 2:49 pm

som1984 wrote:
zully wrote:I read somewhere that in may the computer systems had failed which meant they had to turn away alot of people. So maybe now that has caused a back log, They ukba believe that this will happen again.

Zully
hi zully,

hi, my case was refused, that when filling the form out my mistake my hubby wrote the date and place of our ruksati and not the nikkah date.
Nikka was in pakistan you see. he handed inthe nikkah nama. but as the ruksati was in the uk on a different date. The ukba said that as the wedding took place in the uk where is the registry certificate as we have agiven a nikkah nama.

I think they understood that the wring date was given as they was the only ting they rejected me on no other point. They also wrote that i should send all eveidence in as this matter can be resloved before going to appeal court. So i am in the hope that they understand he has given wrong date, but as its on paper fpr that reason they cannot issue a visa.

I know here the courts are about 8 to 10 weeks behind so i have a really long wait till my case even gets to a ECM.

ZULLY
visa stamped?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 3:00 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:@ Syma sis xx
U mentioned b4 that a member who appealed in March recieved acknowledegment letter wat deadline were they given.

Hi hav you handed in an appeal.
Syma wrote a couple days back thay they are about 8 to 10 weeks behind at the mo...Syma handed in her appeal the first few days in april and they still havent sent her paperwork off

I handed mine in the 19th april and i havent heard anything yet either

zully
visa stamped?

som1984

Post by som1984 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:50 pm

zully wrote:
som1984 wrote:

Zully
hi zully,

hi, my case was refused, that when filling the form out my mistake my hubby wrote the date and place of our ruksati and not the nikkah date.
Nikka was in pakistan you see. he handed inthe nikkah nama. but as the ruksati was in the uk on a different date. The ukba said that as the wedding took place in the uk where is the registry certificate as we have agiven a nikkah nama.

I think they understood that the wring date was given as they was the only ting they rejected me on no other point. They also wrote that i should send all eveidence in as this matter can be resloved before going to appeal court. So i am in the hope that they understand he has given wrong date, but as its on paper fpr that reason they cannot issue a visa.

I know here the courts are about 8 to 10 weeks behind so i have a really long wait till my case even gets to a ECM.

ZULLY
oh right, will be really careful when i fill out my wifes application. little mistakes could be so costly. well i hope it goes all well for you.

planning on handing my wifes in by the end of june. had a problem getting the nadra certificate. they want my name on the id card and passport.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue May 29, 2012 4:27 pm

I read somewhere that in may the computer systems had failed which meant they had to turn away alot of people. So maybe now that has caused a back log, They ukba believe that this will happen again.
@Zully; Can you please explain it; who told you? the system had failed.........explain
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

skhan1
Newly Registered

Post by skhan1 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:08 pm

*Nazia wrote:
MrE2012 wrote:@Nazia

i understand as of next week we both will be past 12 weeks.. so fingers crossed i hope for all the feb lot and the march lot soon response

INSHALLAH GOOD NEWS WAITING FOR ALL OF US :)
Yeah, I'm hoping the February applicants status changes to ready for collection this week, the wait is worth it!
nazia i applied 8/03/2012 had my second message 21/3/2012 and waiting ever since ! do they ring you or email you !

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Gregarious wrote:
@Zully; Can you please explain it; who told you? the system had failed.........explain
I dont remember the whole story. But early in May the ukba biometric computers failed...... so people had to be turned away. The computers are not brilliant so they fear that this will happen again.
So all i said was this is why maybe they so slow at the moment.

Zully
visa stamped?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 5:17 pm

som 1984

Yes it takes the smallest thing for them to reject a visa. then a 3/4 month wait will turn into nearly a year wait....

Zully
visa stamped?

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Tue May 29, 2012 6:47 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/0 ... er-failure

I think this is wot zully sis is talking about, systems crashed in Croydon, yes this may have had a affect on the backlog we r experiencing at the moment

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 29, 2012 6:50 pm

ALKB wrote:Thank you for the swift reply, Batleykhan!

I was afraid that this would be the case. Both my brother-in-law and his wife seem to be rather oblivious of the whole spouse visa application process.

The whole situation looked a bit dodgy to me from the beginning but selling the business pretty much immediately after the visa application? Not good. Especially since my brother-in-law was also supposed to be working in the 'family business' and has no readily transferable skills.

I just found out about the employment situation by chance, I am not even sure whether my brother-in-law knows. *sigh*

She does seem to be job-hunting but don´t know how dedicated she is.

How long do you think she can be 'in between jobs' before the whole application turns belly up?
The staff at the BHC In Islamabad usually start making employment enquiries soon after receiving the application. They have to make several other enquiries, so if they ring your relatives business and cant get through ( as the business no longer exists)then a cross is placed on the application form, which when it reaches the ECO in London ( in about 3 months time), he will refuse it straightaway. She needs to find work very quickly and inform BHC asap, otherwise they will refuse it,even though she may find employment afterwards, it will be to late.

Speaking from personal experience things such as this happens for a reason, and I am the opinion that there is a problem in this marriage

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Shatif wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/may/0 ... er-failure

I think this is wot zully sis is talking about, systems crashed in Croydon, yes this may have had a affect on the backlog we r experiencing at the moment
thanks for sharing this. i was about to ask zully sis about the link

jazakalah
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue May 29, 2012 6:53 pm

shatif....

Thanks for finding the link...... i knew i read it but i would not had remebered it.

Zully
visa stamped?

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Yh Zully i have appealed i also did read wat syma had written. She mention that sum1 who applied in march recieved acknowledgement letter now so i just wanted to know wat deadline they recieved.
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12