ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heath2006

Post by heath2006 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi heath2006,

To be honest, I really have no idea on how Home Office UKBA works as it really doesn't make much sense, does it?

My husband called last Friday, the lady in the phone asked me to provide my information, and asked to speak with my husband about our plans for travelling. Maybe out travel date seems urgent enough for them to send my passport yesterday.

Perhaps they are in the process of issuing your RC and you'll get your passport with it. All the best![/quote]

thanks for the info. we were asked pretty much the same questions by the UKBA lady when we put in the second request a week ago. i totally agree with you that the way they work doesn't make much sense. have a nice trip!

goodies

Post by goodies » Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 am

Good day to everyone waiting for his/her RC. Moreover those who have received their RC recently should try and share their timeline :lol:
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

mexapp2012
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mexapp2012 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:24 am

brianslade9 wrote:Hi all,

I am very new to this forum. I have some questions about travelling while my EEA2 is being processed and will be very thankful if I can get any advice from you.

I sent my EEA2 application on 15/03/2012, received by HO the next day (at least the Royal Mail tracking shows so)
COA received on 26/04/2012 (dated 19/04/2012)
Requested passport return to travel on 25/05/2012
Passport received 29/05/2012 (in the special delivery envelope I enclosed with my application)

Initially I wasn't plan to do any travel abroad until my application is finalised. However, I got the change to join my husband for a conference trip next week, so decided to ask the passport back. Then I realise here comes a small problem.

I am currently on student visa (valid until Jan 2014). However I am starting my leave of absence from June to September, to prepare for my wedding reception in my home country, as we only had a civil ceremony in the council last year in Scotland). I believe I will not be allowed to use my student visa as I do not fulfill the student status anymore.

I am just wondering if I will have any trouble re-entering UK, given
1). I am a non-visa nation, allowed to visit and stay in UK for up to 6 months
2). I have booked my flights home for end of July, showing I have no intention to stay in UK longer than I am allowed
3). I have the COA and will be travelling with my husband

Thank you very much in advanced for helping.

Congratulations to all who have received their RC and hope those who are still waiting can get their as the soonest manner.
To me, it sounds like as long as you have your passport (coupled with your COA), you should be fine... I think your residence status for the UK (by virtue of being married to an EU citizen) trumps your home country's arrangement with the UK... you might even be able to continue your studies beyond your student visa expiry in jan 2014, but id double check that with the university, to be sure...

waren2k12
Newly Registered

Post by waren2k12 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi guys, I've been watching this forum for a while so I decided to join and share my experience.
My solicitor sent my application in Mid October 2011
I received my COA by the end of February with the following details:
COA dated 24th of February 12
Application received on 24th of January 2012
Right to work in the UK whilst application is under consideration
And Im still waiting in vain for the RC to come!

For all of you waiting desperately, let me tell you something.
My passport has been with the HO for 5 YEARS!! (My only source of ID), I had several applications refused ever since I came here as a student (Student visa extension, human rights etc). I've lived with it but it hasn't been easy at all. I lost hope long time ago and almost lost faith in my religion. But now, I believe.
I came here when I was 18, now im 25, as my passport is my only ID, I couldnt go clubbing/pubs with my friends, couldnt even buy a beer, cant apply for a driving license, cant apply for a bank card...yes, the list goes on..

So guys, hold on, it's just a matter of time! The less we think about it, the sooner its gonna come! Good things come to those who wait! :)

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 pm

waren2k12 wrote:Hi guys, I've been watching this forum for a while so I decided to join and share my experience.
My solicitor sent my application in Mid October 2011
I received my COA by the end of February with the following details:
COA dated 24th of February 12
Application received on 24th of January 2012
Application sent mid October ... Application received 24th Jan ???

waren2k12
Newly Registered

Post by waren2k12 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Yes I know! I left everything with my solicitor and by mid or end of october he told me he sent it already and should wait around 3 months to get an answer.
In January I called him and he told me still no response and it may be because of xmas holidays etc. Finally by the end of Feb 12, he called me saying "we've got the letter that allows you to work meanwhile.
My partner and I was a bit confused on how long they took since Mid October!!

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Wed May 30, 2012 2:55 pm

waren2k12 wrote:Yes I know! I left everything with my solicitor and by mid or end of october he told me he sent it already and should wait around 3 months to get an answer.
In January I called him and he told me still no response and it may be because of xmas holidays etc. Finally by the end of Feb 12, he called me saying "we've got the letter that allows you to work meanwhile.
My partner and I was a bit confused on how long they took since Mid October!!
strange, it means ur SIX MONTHS PERIOD is from 24th jan-24th july,

waren2k12
Newly Registered

Post by waren2k12 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:01 pm

:( I was really looking forward to get my RC by end of May or beginning of June! :(
My solocitor has advised me to contact my local MP today in able to request an update on my application.
It does get frustrating at times!!

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Wed May 30, 2012 3:31 pm

waren2k12 wrote::( I was really looking forward to get my RC by end of May or beginning of June! :(
My solocitor has advised me to contact my local MP today in able to request an update on my application.
It does get frustrating at times!!
well its confusing, ur solicitor shd have a tracking number or ref for ur application as proof that he sent it in OCT.

waren2k12
Newly Registered

Post by waren2k12 » Wed May 30, 2012 3:57 pm

How can I know when it was sent based on the reference? My ref ends up with 11, does that mean it was in year 11?

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Wed May 30, 2012 4:10 pm

waren2k12 wrote:How can I know when it was sent based on the reference? My ref ends up with 11, does that mean it was in year 11?
Mate if I was you, I would ring them up directly, the ref number or case ID number is mentioned on the COA, ring them up and request for your RC. You'll need to push HO to get answers.

All the best.
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Wed May 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Would anyone have the right number to call for a passport return?

SEO10
Newly Registered

Post by SEO10 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi All,

Did anyone else send it in may ?

My Timeline is:

EEA2 sent - 30/04/12
HO recieved - 01/05/12
COA - ????
RC - ???

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Anatole wrote:Would anyone have the right number to call for a passport return?
get into the habit of using the www.saynoto0870.com website which will save u some money

u can call ukba on 01516725626 and choose option 1 then 2. wait a bit on the line, there will also be a fax sound and as if someone is dialing as well, u should ignore those and carry on waiting, average is around 5-10 minutes wait. tell thek u need passport for urgent travel and ask them to request it asap. u should get ur passport back within a week or sooner. the ukba are quite good at returning passports.

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Thu May 31, 2012 5:00 pm

mcovet wrote:
get into the habit of using the www.saynoto0870.com website which will save u some money

u can call ukba on 01516725626 and choose option 1 then 2. wait a bit on the line, there will also be a fax sound and as if someone is dialing as well, u should ignore those and carry on waiting, average is around 5-10 minutes wait. tell thek u need passport for urgent travel and ask them to request it asap. u should get ur passport back within a week or sooner. the ukba are quite good at returning passports.
Thanks so much for your info. It was useful.

I rang them to ask my passport back. The lady on the phone said that the documents have been sent back to our solicitor on 22 May. When I asked if the RC had been granted she was very standoffish and uttered something that it had not yet been processed. When I asked her to explain to me what it meant, she hung up and we were disconnected.
But, if the documents have been sent back 22 May and the RC 'not processed' then it looks like bad news.

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu May 31, 2012 5:48 pm

I rang them to ask my passport back. The lady on the phone said that the documents have been sent back to our solicitor on 22 May. When I asked if the RC had been granted she was very standoffish and uttered something that it had not yet been processed. When I asked her to explain to me what it meant, she hung up and we were disconnected.
But, if the documents have been sent back 22 May and the RC 'not processed' then it looks like bad news.[/quote]

hi analute!! just would like to know about when u request back your passport and how many email have u send to them???

hope your passport come with your RC!! finger cross!! i think it should come with it ! dont worry!!

my timeline:
sent eea2= 02/02/12
HO received= 03/02/12
COA= 02/05/12 ( 3months ) same like u
RC = no news

i just sent them an email on 29/05/12 Request my passport back!

hope ours come soon!! :D

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Anatole wrote:
mcovet wrote:

Thanks so much for your info. It was useful.

But, if the documents have been sent back 22 May and the RC 'not processed' then it looks like bad news.

Finger cross for you mate. Hopefully you will get RC with your passport. But please let us know whenever you receive anything (Hopefully along with RC).

Anatole
Newly Registered

Post by Anatole » Thu May 31, 2012 6:45 pm

jayven wrote:I rang them to ask my passport back. The lady on the phone said that the documents have been sent back to our solicitor on 22 May. When I asked if the RC had been granted she was very standoffish and uttered something that it had not yet been processed. When I asked her to explain to me what it meant, she hung up and we were disconnected.

hi analute!! just would like to know about when u request back your passport and how many email have u send to them???

hope your passport come with your RC!! finger cross!! i think it should come with it ! dont worry!!

my timeline:
sent eea2= 02/02/12
HO received= 03/02/12
COA= 02/05/12 ( 3months ) same like u
RC = no news

i just sent them an email on 29/05/12 Request my passport back!

hope ours come soon!! :D[/quote]

Thanks for all you support- it sounds silly, but it really helps. It is, after a 5 month wait, so frustrating that the lady on the phone says "it is sent back" but does not want to disclose what the status is.

I had not sent them any emails to ask my passport back, but just rang today.

jayven

Post by jayven » Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 pm

I had not sent them any emails to ask my passport back, but just rang today.[/quote]

thanks! if they just return your passport without your request i think will come with RC!! just finger cross!! hope to hear some good news from u soon!! :D
hope your RC come tomorrow yesss

goodies

Post by goodies » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:02 am

Let's we all welcome this month with joy and hope. HO have not been fair to all December applicants still waiting for their RC. :(
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

goodies

Post by goodies » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:28 am

Any updates guys, keep on posting your timeline :lol: :lol:
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 am

six months on 6th June :(

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:21 pm

called them again and they gave me the same answer, that I can chase them till the mid of December so around 3 weeks
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

CoolGirl1984
Poland

Post by CoolGirl1984 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:27 pm

OMG!! My fiance called HO and they told him that the pack has been sent out this morning! The real stress started!

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:34 pm

CoolGirl1984 wrote:OMG!! My fiance called HO and they told him that the pack has been sent out this morning! The real stress started!

I dont understand how they can give updates to solicitors. It really is unfair
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017