ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT. HELP PLEASE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tam2710
Newly Registered

Post by Tam2710 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:TAM2710,

You've asked this question a number of times. You are a Dutch passport holder who was born in the UK (and entitled to UK citizenship). Apply as a Dutch person, it's the passport you use in daily life and you will be fine.

(Also, your family members are not visa nationals).
yes I know, I guess your last answer wasn't that clear to me but now it is, thanks again.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon May 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Tam2710 wrote:

You've asked this question a number of times. You are a Dutch passport holder who was born in the UK (and entitled to UK citizenship). Apply as a Dutch person, it's the passport you use in daily life and you will be fine.

yes I know, I guess your last answer wasn't that clear to me but now it is, thanks again.
Great, best of luck and I hope you note the business about not requiring a visa.

Tam2710
Newly Registered

Post by Tam2710 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Tam2710 wrote:

Great, best of luck and I hope you note the business about not requiring a visa.
Yes yes absolutely. Just the hubby who needs the permit. I guess I just worry that there is a teeny weeny chance we may get refused as I am a British citizen by birth but I'm hoping that won't be the case. Getting all the paperwork together now, thanks for the good luck! :)

vytswp
Newly Registered

Post by vytswp » Tue May 29, 2012 5:56 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
nat & owa wrote:I
I was confused as to how much significance is put on the EU member having being employed in an EU member state...
I would say rather a lot to be honest.
I'm surprised to hear that it is important that the EU member be employed in an EU member state. I thought that as long as the EU member indicated an intention to exercise their treaty rights in the UK, and that the relationship with the non-EU member was credible, the FP for the non-EU member must be granted.

Why does it matter what the EU member had been doing, in terms of employment, prior to the application? Can an FP be denied if the EU member was unemployed?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue May 29, 2012 8:02 pm

vytswp wrote: I'm surprised to hear that it is important that the EU member be employed in an EU member state. I thought that as long as the EU member indicated an intention to exercise their treaty rights in the UK, and that the relationship with the non-EU member was credible, the FP for the non-EU member must be granted.

Why does it matter what the EU member had been doing, in terms of employment, prior to the application? Can an FP be denied if the EU member was unemployed?
The situation here is different as the OP is British and he wants to return to the UK. Normally, the directive doesn't apply and his family member should be under the UK domestic immigration rules unless he has exercised his treaty rights in employment in the EEA before returning home. In this case, he can enjoy from the free movement directive.

vytswp
Newly Registered

Post by vytswp » Tue May 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification :)

GETAFE
Newly Registered

EEA PERMIT

Post by GETAFE » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi
We got the permit no problem and was treated fair.
We are in the uk and applying for residence now.
It was very easy