ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aks57

Tier-1 Extension

Post by aks57 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:50 pm

I have come to UK on Tier-1 (General) visa issued in June 2010. At the time of application for the visa from my home country, I have claimed 85 points for attributes besides 10 points for English Language and 10 points for Maintenance funds. I have to apply for extension of visa in June 2012 and I am confused about claiming the points for attributes. The UKBA guidance states that the minimum points required for attributes for Tier-1 (General) migrant under the rules in place before 19th July 2010 shall be 75.

Considering that the points required at the time of settlement shall be the points claimed for the last granted leave, I would like to know how many points should I claim for my extension. Should I claim 75 points as required by the guidance or do I have to claim 85 points as I have claimed for my initial visa application. I would like to clarify that I am able to accrue 85 points based on my attributes but I want to be on the safe side for settlement. Experts please guide.

Thanks & Regards
aks57

nks

Post by nks » Tue May 15, 2012 9:34 pm

I posted a similar query recently. Could you please point where you quoted this from "Considering that the points required at the time of settlement shall be the points claimed for the last granted leave".

It may perhaps mean that you'll need same points for ILR as you needed for extension. You 'need' 75 for extension and shouldn't matter if you are claiming 85. This would be a very naive clause if at all it is. Lets see what other have to say.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 pm

As far as I'm aware there is nothing in the Tier 1 General rules that states that you need to score the same points earned during your initial application, in subsequent extension applications or ILR. All you need to do is ensure that you qualify with the number of points required (under the Tier 1 rules that were in place when you made your initial application for extensions. For Tier 1 General ILR rules take a look at section 245CD http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/).

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:41 pm

I agree with the two preceding posts. As long as you get the minimum points required, you will be granted the visa. People should please stop getting confused with getting the same points for extension as they did in initial application as it is irrelevant. All you need to do is to get the minimum points required.

Kind Regards

aks57

Post by aks57 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:20 pm

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:I agree with the two preceding posts. As long as you get the minimum points required, you will be granted the visa. People should please stop getting confused with getting the same points for extension as they did in initial application as it is irrelevant. All you need to do is to get the minimum points required.

Kind Regards
Thanks for clarification.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm

No worries mate.

Glad to be of help.

Kind Regards

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Sat May 19, 2012 3:20 am

ILR under Tier 1 can only qualify if they pass PBS. So score point on PBS and chill

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 11:53 pm

aks57 wrote:Hi,
I am going to go for extension of my Tier-1 (General) visa next month which is expiring on 29/06/2012. I have few queries on filling the application form:

1. Application form - Do we have to send the complete application form (including all the filling up guidance pages), i.e., from page 1 to 62 for Tier-1 (general) (version 04/12) for main applicant and page 1 to 54 for PBS Dependant (version 04/2012). Please confirm. Is it better to send one-sided print (As I have to send one main applicant and two dependant form).

2. Mode of payment - Acceptable debit card as mentioned in the form is Delta, Maestro. I don't have either but a Visa debit card but as I have read in the posts on the site that people have paid using Visa debit. Can somebody shed some light on it.

3. Section-1 of application form has two details pages and a third page requiring it to be on the reverse of the payment details page in the two-sided copy. As it is the third page, it cannot fall on reverse of the page. Again some one please clear my doubts.

4. Envelope for photos - Should it be of the same size as space given in the form or a slightly oversized envelope can be fixed (I know its a stupid ques. but still want to make clear)

5. B11 & B12 - As read from the post, I being Tier-1 (General) immigrant (after April 2010) would not require to fill anything. Please clarify.

6. B14 - From the post it will be Visa no. in RED on top right corner of current visa. Please confirm.

Please help me in completing my application correctly.

Thanks & regards,
aks57
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 29, 2012 12:10 am

sushdmehta wrote:
I am going to go for extension of my Tier-1 (General) visa next month which is expiring on 29/06/2012. I have few queries on filling the application form:

1. Application form - Do we have to send the complete application form (including all the filling up guidance pages), i.e., from page 1 to 62 for Tier-1 (general) (version 04/12) for main applicant and page 1 to 54 for PBS Dependant (version 04/2012). Please confirm. Is it better to send one-sided print (As I have to send one main applicant and two dependant form).
Preferred one -side print and if you are confident of not skipping the important parts then you may send the sorted form.Many prefer sending the whole form excluding the representative pages towards the end
2. Mode of payment - Acceptable debit card as mentioned in the form is Delta, Maestro. I don't have either but a Visa debit card but as I have read in the posts on the site that people have paid using Visa debit. Can somebody shed some light on it.
Yes many successful applicants have used Visa Debit
3. Section-1 of application form has two details pages and a third page requiring it to be on the reverse of the payment details page in the two-sided copy. As it is the third page, it cannot fall on reverse of the page. Again some one please clear my doubts.
They have assumed you will print all pages starting page 1 double sided. This way it fall reverse of payment details page. Like i said print single sided and if necessary do not print guidance pages.
4. Envelope for photos - Should it be of the same size as space given in the form or a slightly oversized envelope can be fixed (I know its a stupid ques. but still want to make clear)
Does not matter as long as it clearly directs them to your photographs. Many use transparent or small photo-size clear bags. Your choice
5. B11 & B12 - As read from the post, I being Tier-1 (General) immigrant (after April 2010) would not require to fill anything. Please clarify.
If you have your reference numbers of your previous correspondence with HO then fill that in or you can leave them 'Blank'

6. B14 - From the post it will be Visa no. in RED on top right corner of current visa. Please confirm.
reference number is not necessarily the Visa/vignette number. Many have filled that number. But I would leave it blank if not known. It is optional.

Thanks & regards,
aks57

aks57

Post by aks57 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:39 am

silent_warrior wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

Preferred one -side print and if you are confident of not skipping the important parts then you may send the sorted form.Many prefer sending the whole form excluding the representative pages towards the end
Yes many successful applicants have used Visa Debit
They have assumed you will print all pages starting page 1 double sided. This way it fall reverse of payment details page. Like i said print single sided and if necessary do not print guidance pages.
Does not matter as long as it clearly directs them to your photographs. Many use transparent or small photo-size clear bags. Your choice
If you have your reference numbers of your previous correspondence with HO then fill that in or you can leave them 'Blank'

reference number is not necessarily the Visa/vignette number. Many have filled that number. But I would leave it blank if not known. It is optional.

Thanks & regards,
aks57
"Silent_warrior" Thanks for your prompt reply. However, I am still a bit sceptical in using Visa Debit card as it is not mentioned on the form and might be the reason for refusal. PLease clarify.

Also, are there any issues in using credit cards. Do we have to give any instruction to the bank beforehand.

Thanks & Regards,
aks57

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 am

aks57 wrote: "Silent_warrior" Thanks for your prompt reply. However, I am still a bit sceptical in using Visa Debit card as it is not mentioned on the form and might be the reason for refusal. PLease clarify.

Also, are there any issues in using credit cards. Do we have to give any instruction to the bank beforehand.

Thanks & Regards,
aks57
If you are worried about using Visa Debit, then do a search on this forum using keywords 'Visa Debit' and you will find many posts with people's experience.
With credit cards, inform your card company of the payment that would be requested against your card from Home Office. They usually put a note, and even if it gets flagged the fraud team would clear it or maybe even call and confirm it

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:33 pm

hi aks

I used VISA DEBIT CARD from Natwest for fees payment and got approved as you can see in tier general extension timeline.

do not worry.visa debit is also a debit card and mode of payment.why you are worry about that.???

if you are not satisfy than you can make payment by postal order,which is an other easiest way to pay fees.
Razian

aks57

Post by aks57 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 pm

razian97 wrote:hi aks

I used VISA DEBIT CARD from Natwest for fees payment and got approved as you can see in tier general extension timeline.

do not worry.visa debit is also a debit card and mode of payment.why you are worry about that.???

if you are not satisfy than you can make payment by postal order,which is an other easiest way to pay fees.
I understand that debit card is acceptable. However, if you read through the latest Tier-1 (General) application form, Page 5 which says "Debit card - Delta , Maestro (including solo)". I understand that Visa was Visa delta previously. I hope that UKBA means the same but as it is not clearly mentioned, I am bit apprehensive about using it.

Thanks
aks57

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:47 pm

aks57 wrote:
razian97 wrote:hi aks

I understand that debit card is acceptable. However, if you read through the latest Tier-1 (General) application form, Page 5 which says "Debit card - Delta , Maestro (including solo)". I understand that Visa was Visa delta previously. I hope that UKBA means the same but as it is not clearly mentioned, I am bit apprehensive about using it.

Thanks
aks57
please read the payment page of the application form again.

it claerly says

'' Visa/Mastercard/Amex - go to question A10''

if you have any debit or credit card which has logo of VISA or VISA DEBIT ,you can use it.

i filled the same page in Feb 2012,nothing have been changed in payment section of the new application.it is the same as i used it.
Razian

aks57

Post by aks57 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:31 am

[/quote]

Thanks
aks57[/quote]

please read the payment page of the application form again.

it claerly says

'' Visa/Mastercard/Amex - go to question A10''

if you have any debit or credit card which has logo of VISA or VISA DEBIT ,you can use it.

i filled the same page in Feb 2012,nothing have been changed in payment section of the new application.it is the same as i used it.[/quote]

Please note that on Page 5 it explains that Visa, Mastercard & Amex are options for Credit and not Debit card. For debit card, the option are Delta/Maestro. You have to tick the box for Visa/Mastercard/Amex for Credit card only. I hope you get my point now.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 am

Electron = Visa debit card.
Delta = Visa debit card.
Maestro = Mastercard debit card.
Switch = Mastercard debit card.

Any debit or credit card belonging to Visa / MasterCard (and issued by any bank) will work.

If you (still) remain sceptical, use a credit card if you have one, or better still - use postal orders or bank drafts (risk free options).

aks57

Post by aks57 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Electron = Visa debit card.
Delta = Visa debit card.
Maestro = Mastercard debit card.
Switch = Mastercard debit card.

Any debit or credit card belonging to Visa / MasterCard (and issued by any bank) will work.

If you (still) remain sceptical, use a credit card if you have one, or better still - use postal orders or bank drafts (risk free options).
Thanks sushdmehta for making it clear. I will use my Visa Debit card now.

Regards,
aks57

aks57

Query on PBS dependant form (Tier-1(General))

Post by aks57 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:30 pm

I have few queries regarding the dependant's form for Tier-1 (General) applicant.
1. The current form "PBS Dependant Version 04/2012" was issued in April 2011 and therefore on page 32 , Ques. N2, it is mentioned that maintenance fund required per dependant for main applicant staying more than 12 month's is £533. however, from 14th June this amount is going to increase to £600. Will there be any new form released after this date? This has been clearly mentioned in Tier-1 (general) form for Main applicant (Page 42 M1). I will be applying just after 14th June and am not sure whther to fill this application form or wait for any new form.

2. In section 2 photos are requested for the applicant. However in the Tier-1 (general) Main applicant's form, 2 photos of the applicant as well as for each dependant has to be included. I would be including all the photos in Main applicant form. Should I also include 2 more photos of the dependant in the PBS dependant form?

3. Ques M6, As I am on a Tier-1 (general) visa, the answer to this should be "no". Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards,
aks57

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:44 pm

1. You can use the current form as this would be valid at least up to end of June applications.

2. All photos in the main applicant form in one envelope

3. M6 --> No
Give me more Karma (+)

layman

Re: Tier 1 Extention Form Section 2 D

Post by layman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:04 pm

tier1_PEO_applicant wrote: D10. When did the applicant arrive in the United Kingdom?
Again does this mean my first ever entry (around 7 years ago) or my first entry after Tier-1 around 1 year ago?
If you have answered No to D5, then you should jump to D11 and need not answer D10?

aks57

Post by aks57 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:34 am

Thanks Quicksam for prompt reply.

aks57

Query on PBS dependant form (Tier-1(General))

Post by aks57 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Two more query on PBS dependant application form:

1. K8: Does the main applicant have sole responsibility for your upbringing. - Me and my wife are parents to our child. Does that make this as "No" or "Yes".
2. Page 40 - Evidence of care arrangements if you are under 18 years old. - What will that be for my child born in UK. Will that be the Birth Certificate?

Please reply urgently. Thanks in advance.

aks57

aks57

Re: Query on PBS dependant form (Tier-1(General))

Post by aks57 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:51 am

aks57 wrote:Two more query on PBS dependant application form:

1. K8: Does the main applicant have sole responsibility for your upbringing. - Me and my wife are parents to our child. Does that make this as "No" or "Yes".
2. Page 40 - Evidence of care arrangements if you are under 18 years old. - What will that be for my child born in UK. Will that be the Birth Certificate?

Please reply urgently. Thanks in advance.

aks57
Please reply urgently......waiting for seniors to confirm.

aks57

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:56 am

Make an effort to read the help text at the end of the application form. It will help you find answers to such questions yourself.

aks57

Post by aks57 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:15 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Make an effort to read the help text at the end of the application form. It will help you find answers to such questions yourself.
Dear "sushdmehta"
Thanks for invaluable advice!!

Regards,
aks57