ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Doctors' Judicial Review hearing

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahin1110

Post by mahin1110 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:22 pm

The legal team of Indian doctors are hopeful about their judicial review after today's hearing.

"Our legal team has done an excellent and convincing performance in the court in the last couple of days.They have outperformed the DoH team in every aspect.But we are not going to get an immediate result.
It is going to take at least two weeks before the verdict comes.This is because the judge has to go through a lot of evidence and the DoH has pleaded some more time to submit further evidences.
Our councel stressed the importance of the early verdict in regard to MMC application and the judge fully understands that.

In the mean time our councel is in discussions with DoH lawyer and representatives regarding the removal of the clause about the duration of HSMP visa from the MMC website and application process.
  We urge all doctors who plan to apply for ST posts to go ahead as usual and apply with their best application form disregarding the visa directives.We are very hopeful that the controversial clause will be taken off."

Can anyone be benefited from this case if they win?

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:28 pm

In the mean time our councel is in discussions with DoH lawyer and representatives regarding the removal of the clause about the duration of HSMP visa from the MMC website and application process.
Hello mahin, can you explain what this means to HSMP appeal?

mahin1110

Post by mahin1110 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:16 pm

I think it implies that if HC accepts the appeal HSMP doctors will be treated like local british citizens when their application will be processed, which the Department of Health previously declined to accept after last immigration rule change. Moreover, there are some other issues with the doctors' judicial review regarding HSMP. I am not quite sure about full implications of this JR.

vijuvasishta
Newly Registered

hsmp confusion for doctors

Post by vijuvasishta » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:17 am

hello everybody,

I am very happy about the judical review of the HSMP case, but in the last month i have seen a couple of incidents where doctors who have applied for SPr posts have been given jobs based on their HSMP status , so what does this say about fairness and equality, i know lots of people who have not even been able to get an interview and these people who have got jobs are just keepin quite, i request all people to come forward and list similar incidents and we can do something about it.