ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dayana173
Newly Registered

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance!!!

Post by dayana173 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:22 am

Hi, my name is Dayana, I am 19 and I am bulgarian. My situation is I came August 2007 with my family and we apply together for certificates that will allow to work in UK. Board agency gave my father yellow certificate and me and my mother received blue certificates. This year I will apply for ILR but I read that as student I need Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. When I entered UK I was 14 and I have been 2 years in secordary school and after that from 2009 to this year and next year I am in college. I have letter from my secondary school that comfirms that I have been student there for these 2 years and I have from the college the certficates. Do I really need this insurance because I haven't work in UK at all and my parents pay my expenses.

I'll be very grateful for the help. Thank you

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

PR

Post by nonspecifics » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 am

Hello Dayana

You mean permanent residence ( pr) which is obtained under the 2004 Directive. ILR is gained under UK immigration rules.

Your parent/s can apply for Permanent residence on form EEA3 and include you on the application as their EEA national family member.

Or you can apply alone, but again it is the proof of your parent's treaty rights that is needed( so they might as well apply too).

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... /eea31.pdf

That way it is your parent'/s that sponsor you.

It is either or both of them who prove they have exercised treaty rights for five years and they only need to prove you have lived as their family member in the UK for those five years for you to also obtain PR.

There is no need to prove financial dependence if you are under 21.

Proof of comprehensive sickness insurance or foreign ehic cards would only be required if your parents were exercising treaty rights as self-sufficient or students.

dayana173
Newly Registered

Post by dayana173 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 am

So if I undestand right if I apply alone without my parents they will want CSI but if my father include me in his appl they will not ask me for CSI. Thank you for the help

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Treaty Rights

Post by nonspecifics » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:58 am

Yes.

He would just put your details in Section 2.

Read through the EEA3 form and you will see what I mean.

Your school and college documents would prove you have been resident.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 10:17 am

dayana173 wrote:Hi, my name is Dayana, I am 19 and I am bulgarian. My situation is I came August 2007 with my family and we apply together for certificates that will allow to work in UK. Board agency gave my father yellow certificate and me and my mother received blue certificates. This year I will apply for PR but I read that as student I need Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. When I entered UK I was 14 and I have been 2 years in secordary school and after that from 2009 to this year and next year I am in college. I have letter from my secondary school that comfirms that I have been student there for these 2 years and I have from the college the certficates. I know that my father can include me as his EEA national family member but I find a paragraph in a EAA3 form that state:

You must provide either a private comprehensive sickness insurance policy document that covered for medical treatment in the majority of circumstances, or a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that covered the 5-year period of residence in the UK.

I have this card before to come to UK and it's still valid, my question is can this card be use unstead of comprehensive sickness insurance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dayana173
Newly Registered

Post by dayana173 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:50 pm

I want ask last month I applied for HC2 and I receive the certificate to help me with health costs and my question is if this will affect my application for permanent residence.