ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for child over 18 inside the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sja46
Newly Registered

ILR application for child over 18 inside the UK

Post by sja46 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:27 am

I would like to apply for ILR and I have a daughter that she has been with me since august 2007 at age of 13 and now she is 18. she is A level pupil and has got UCL offer for medicine. I talked to UKBA and she can apply at the same time as me as dependant, however separately in SET O form. She needs supporting document showing dependency of me and also needs to write to UKBA a letter why she needs ILR. she needs ILR to be consider as home student. can anybody help me which necessary documents she needs and also the text of the letter?

Best regards

SJA[/b]

rahulsharma
Newly Registered

ILR OVER 18

Post by rahulsharma » Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 am

I think you are asking for a covering letter to be written in support of your daughter application . Its better if you can make a witness statement like below
I ........ R/o ........do hereby state the following :-
1. I am in the UK as a Tier 1 (G) category and applying for Indefinite leave to remain.
2. I am exclusively occupying .... bedroom house in ......... (Land registry documents or tenancy agreement and property inspection report is enclosed) with my wife ..... and my daughter .....
3. I confirm that ..... has always, while in this country, lived in the family home as mentioned above and never had recourse to any public funds. SHe can, and will, be accommodated adequately by my wife, and me without recourse to public funds.
4. I confirm that ......is unmarried, is not a civil partner and has not formed an independent family unit.
5. I confirm that ....... is not leading an independent life and continues being a part of our family unit.
6. I confirm that ...... is having complete financial and emotional dependence upon me.
7. I confirm that she can, and will, be maintained adequately by me without recourse to public funds.
8. I confirm that She does not have one or more unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

I confirm that the information contained in this witness statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Signature of Witness

Place : Dated :
I am not legally qualified to give you advice but this is just with my experience I am giving you this information .