ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost utility bills / tenancy agreement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UK_BR5

Lost utility bills / tenancy agreement

Post by UK_BR5 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi,

we are getting close to the 5 years mark and we want to start preparing our file to apply for PR.

due to an unfortunate incident we have lost most of our papers including bank statements and tenancy agreements, etc.. we still have some council tax bills but not covering the whole 5 years.

my question is :

can i contact my bank , letting agent, council tax and utility companies to provide us with a copy of the lost documents ? has anyone been through a similar situation ?

Many thanks

mcovet
BANNED

Re: Lost utility bills / tenancy agreement

Post by mcovet » Wed May 30, 2012 1:57 pm

UK_BR5 wrote:Hi,

we are getting close to the 5 years mark and we want to start preparing our file to apply for PR.

due to an unfortunate incident we have lost most of our papers including bank statements and tenancy agreements, etc.. we still have some council tax bills but not covering the whole 5 years.

my question is :

can i contact my bank , letting agent, council tax and utility companies to provide us with a copy of the lost documents ? has anyone been through a similar situation ?

Many thanks
THe landlord should have a copy of the agreement. Contact the letting agent for it. Banks have and must keep up to a certain amount of years of your statement so do utility companies. Nothing to worry about a all, contact them all and request confirmation if not necessarily month by month statmenets.

There will be a fee to pay for bank statements and thats all, councils should keep a record o ur payments schedule etc so will have it on record too.

U know the answer, just call them now and request the papers