ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help on ILR for Dependents Born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WaGWaSif
BANNED

Need Help on ILR for Dependents Born in UK

Post by WaGWaSif » Wed May 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi,
I am applying for ILR-Set (O) for myself and my wife (wife as a dependent) in next month. I also have two children born in UK and one of them have dependent visa (as she born in 2009) and second one just born 2 months ago.

My question is do I need to apply ILR for my both Children, as someone told me that I don’t need to apply ILR for my children as they born in UK and once I got ILR then I can apply Registration Certificate for my both children.

Can you guide on this.
Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Need Help on ILR for Dependents Born in UK

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 30, 2012 1:02 pm

WaGWaSif wrote:
My question is do I need to apply ILR for my both Children,
No, not if you want them to apply for naturalization as well. You can skip the ILR part.

WaGWaSif
BANNED

Re: Need Help on ILR for Dependents Born in UK

Post by WaGWaSif » Wed May 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Lucapooka wrote: No, not if you want them to apply for naturalization as well. You can skip the ILR part.
Thanks for your reply, can you also tell which application form i need to fill for them.

Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Read Q30
Life isn't fair, but you can be!