ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa after divorce....bit complicated

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadaf
Newly Registered

uk spouse visa after divorce....bit complicated

Post by sadaf » Tue May 29, 2012 1:29 pm

my case is a bit comlicated any type of help is highly appriciated

i got married to a pakistani diplomate residing in london almost 3 years bak i applied for my uk dependent visa n it got approved but we didnt cope up well together n our marriage got break...i didnt made any traveling to this visa n divorce took place while i was in pakistan n he was in london but the divorce got registered here in pakistan..

then after few months i got married to a british citizen who was fully informed of my case i m pregnant now n intending to file my application next month... but we are v confused....what could happen to my application.....ne suggestion???is there anything that im supposed to do to make things clear

sadaf
Newly Registered

Post by sadaf » Tue May 29, 2012 5:01 pm

plz im lookin fwd to replies

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Your query is not entirely clear. Are you applying from Pakistan? What is it you are concerned about - the fact that you previously had a visa as the dependent of a man from whom you are now divorced?

sadaf
Newly Registered

Post by sadaf » Tue May 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Greenie wrote:Your query is not entirely clear. Are you applying from Pakistan? What is it you are concerned about - the fact that you previously had a visa as the dependent of a man from whom you are now divorced?
yep im applying from pakistan ... actually im concerened abt my divorce certificate as it mention that the divorce took place in karachi but it was signed in london.....n then got registered in karachi.... do i need to get it registered from uk as well my previous marriage was not registered in uk but as i said i got dependent visa approved via my ex.....does it cause any harm to my current application??wat do u think would b my loopholes??

m3y

Post by m3y » Wed May 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Aslong as your divorce has gone through then i cant see a major issue... Im in a similar situation myself so i hope it all works out for u
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

sadaf
Newly Registered

Post by sadaf » Wed May 30, 2012 3:06 pm

thanks for the reply

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 30, 2012 6:36 pm

What do you mean your divorce certificate was signed in London, but was registered in Karachi.Were you both not present in the same country (Pakistan) when the divorce took place.

If not then there is a possibility that for Immigration purposes they (the ECO) will not accept the divorce, if one of you was in UK whilst the other was in Pakistan

m3y

Post by m3y » Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Is your divorce through uk courts or pakistani courts?

If pakistani then ukba will recognise the divorce as long as it was done according to pakistan law and was all done officially.

For uk divorce you dont both need to be resident in the same country, aslong as one of you has been resident here for 12 months. I obtained a uk divorce even though my ex wife has never been here. The court just sent the petition to her in pakistan.
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)