ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgently!! need help regarding my frez ILE visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cyber_warez

Urgently!! need help regarding my frez ILE visa?

Post by cyber_warez » Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi!
I am from Nepal. today i want to ask few question about mine friend ILE visa. my friend granted ILE visa under Settlement for Gurkhas (under 18 dependent) on November 2009. till today he haven't travel to the UK. he is planning to settle in the uk next year? mine question is? Does immigration officer take any action during his visit to the UK? i know ILE visa is granted for 10 yrs. but some people said that the immigration officer take action in the airport ? or ask cross question about late entry to UK? is this true? waiting reply as soon as possible ?

kind regards,
cyber_warez
kathmandu,Nepal

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Obviously his visa was issued on the basis on being a dependant child so if he is not dependant on his parents and is living an independent life away from them (they are in the UK?) then his right of abode in the UK may be questioned. He can't even claim to be a returning resident as he was never resident previously. Wait for further comment from people who are perhaps more informed on the minutia of the law in this situation.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu May 31, 2012 9:44 am

If your "friend" is still under 18 it may be possible to enter but would raise serious doubts that it has taken what would be 3 years to move to the UK and that the circumstances have not changed in this time.
If the person is over 18 I doubt they would permit entry. Why did this person not travel in 2009 if they were genuinely dependant on the person in the UK.

ILE is not granted for 10 years it is shown on the visa to the same end date of the passport it is attached to, but as it says it is indefinite leave to enter.
pennyless

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 am

I think the crux of this debate is that the visa is issued for an indefinite period (does not expire) but if you had entered the UK and then remained outside for two years you would have lost your status. However, you have not yet entered the UK and so it seems reasonable to assume that you have not lost your status. But, then there other considerations with regard to there being a significant and material change in circumstances since the EC was issued. Clearly you are not a minor anymore and are living an independent life. Suggest you try to enter the UK and see what happens.