ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon- May 29. Successful

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhkhan

PEO Croydon- May 29. Successful

Post by mhkhan » Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Just wanted to let all hopefuls know that I had to spend the entire day of close to seven hours with my wife and two kids on May 29 at Croydon. Delays were due to incorrect reading of my wife's biometrics the first time and slow "computer system". Had to retake the biometrics just for her after were informed about this three hours later.

Staff was generally polite and patience. Queries from the Customer Service counter gave us some hope at the time we were losing all hope and update on biometrics as the day was passing by. Found out that once we give our biometrics, the results are forwarded online to the central authority which gives a go ahead to the staff at UKBA to proceed with the application. This approval, like in my case, could take hours.

At the end of the day, got the letter of approval which was worth the wait.

I provided earnings of part-time from four employers. Good organisation of my documents proved useful. I did get advice from this forum. I did not take any photocopies but the case work did ask for it to save time. It was 6 pm and she was the only one left at the office along with her supervisor.

Just a word of caution, while submitting documents, the case worker could ask some questions regarding your immigration history which at least I was not expecting. I stood corrected regarding my work and travel as a student in the UK ten years ago. These were just basic checks when my details came up on the case worker's screen.

When I was watching the case worker from the waiting area going through my documents before informing me about the decision, wished I could tape her as thats what keeps us all awake at night.

Wish everyone the best.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: PEO Croydon- May 29. Successful

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 30, 2012 11:18 pm

mhkhan wrote: Just a word of caution, while submitting documents, the case worker could ask some questions regarding your immigration history which at least I was not expecting. I stood corrected regarding my work and travel as a student in the UK ten years ago. These were just basic checks when my details came up on the case worker's screen.
Congrats & thanks for sharing your experience at Croydon PEO. An interesting point you've mentioned about the immigration history questions asked by the CW. I'm guessing these were just casual questions... Either way, I have to say I wouldn't remember my entire immigration history in the UK if I were asked specifics that go beyond the most recent 5 years. I guess this is when a SAR would come in handy. Thanks again for sharing your experience.