ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with MN1 application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shobapaireddy

Help with MN1 application form

Post by shobapaireddy » Tue May 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi

I got my ILR 2 weeks ago. I got my ILR based on the 10 years long residency. I alone applied and my husband didnt apply as he was on tier 1 and he preferred staying Tier 1 visa. I need to apply for my sons naturalisation. He was born in UK and he is 2 years old.

The application has a few questions that seem confusing. Can anyone help?

The questions are:

Section 1:

1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details.

Which section would he come under? Would it be Section 1(3)

1.5 asks for surname which i entered

1.6 asks for other names: does that mean i write his first name?

1.27 Date father became settled in the UK (e.g. granted indefinite leave to remain)

My husband isnt settled. He is on Tier 1 visa. What date do i give in this section?

Section 2:

2.1 If the child is resident in the United Kingdom or a British overseas territory (see page 8 of the guide), please give
date and place of first arrival

In this question they are asking when my son arrived to UK, do i have to enter the day he was born as he was born in the UK. OR do i enter the date he got his passport, or the date when he had his visa stamping done as a tier 1 dependant.

Section 3

3.1 Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based

I am not a British Citizen, I just got my ILR, do i still tick Mother in the option and continue with the application ?

3.2 Please provide the above parent’s addresses in the United Kingdom or the British overseas territories during the
reckonable three year period

I have lived in my present address 2 years and the previous address 10 months. But they are asking for 3 years addresses and have given only 2 boxes to fill. What do i do about the other 2 months to cover the 3 year address period?

3.3 Do i provide the holidays in the last 3 years stated in the above question or all my holidays in the last 10 years?

3.6 Please provide details of the child’s grandparent from whom the parent in 3.1 derived British citizenship by
descent.

This question states about derived British citizenship and i havent derived or attained citizen ship. Do I need to answer question or not?

Thank you for your help and support.

Regards

Shoba

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue May 29, 2012 8:28 pm

1.1 section 1(3)
1.6 first name
1.27 leave blank
2.1 date of birth

Section 3 is not relevant for section 1(3) applications. Just cross out the section.

I suggest you read Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Children and the MN1 guide.

shobapaireddy

Post by shobapaireddy » Wed May 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi

Thank you for clearing my confusion.

I have another question:

For reference, i am not sure whose to supply with. My son is only 2 years old and no one knows him personally except family members. Other than his GP who has seen him occasionally when he was ill. The health visitor has always been a different one for every visit.

And also in this link : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

It doesnt say about a GP. And any others listed dont know my son personally. Whom do i use? I do have a few friends and most of them are nurses .

Thank you!

Shoba

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:08 pm

GP's are ok.

rose_31
Newly Registered

Post by rose_31 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi,

My baby girl was born in UK but I didn't apply for her ILR, i guess same situation as yours so

Could you please tell me what you mentioned in the section 1.3 ?

Thanks,
Rose.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:48 pm

See 1.3.

nu_shah
Newly Registered

MN1 - help

Post by nu_shah » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 pm

I have following questions regarding MN1 form:

1. I have 2 children. My elder child has ILR and younger one does not have any passport. Both are born here. So I need to fill MN1 form (I have got ILR in February 2012). Can I fill single application form for both?

2. If I fill single application form I am not sure what I should be filling in 1.3 which requires to provide date when ILR was granted?

3. For section 2.1 as the children are born here, should I be filling with that or leave it blank?

4. Do I need complete section 4 as my children are under 5 years?

5. Me and my wife have Indian passport. My wife has in her passport my name. Do we need to submit Marriage certificate? For ILR we had not submitted Marriage Certificate?

Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: MN1 - help

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 pm

nu_shah wrote:1. I have 2 children. My elder child has ILR and younger one does not have any passport. Both are born here. So I need to fill MN1 form (I have got ILR in February 2012). Can I fill single application form for both?
2 forms. One form for each applicant.
2. If I fill single application form I am not sure what I should be filling in 1.3 which requires to provide date when ILR was granted?
Leave blank if not relevant.
3. For section 2.1 as the children are born here, should I be filling with that or leave it blank?
Their date and place of birth.
4. Do I need complete section 4 as my children are under 5 years?
No. Section 3, 4 are not needed.
5. Me and my wife have Indian passport. My wife has in her passport my name. Do we need to submit Marriage certificate? For ILR we had not submitted Marriage Certificate?
No need for marriage certificate.