ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old Workpermit AS IT Manager COP Issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manuvirk
Newly Registered

Old Workpermit AS IT Manager COP Issue

Post by manuvirk » Wed May 30, 2012 10:11 pm

HI every body

I need help regarding COP for As It manager

when i got workpermit my salary was 34000 and now i am getting 37000 but according to COP for It manager 44600 pound

any body in same position Approved ILR then Help me

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Wed May 30, 2012 10:49 pm

hi manu,
im not an IT manager but i faced similar situation as an engineer but was lucky that the difference between my salary and that stated in COP was little so my emplyer happily increased my salary to this effect.
Have you talked to yours about this?
Goodluck

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu May 31, 2012 9:13 am

Hi

That's a pretty unfortunate situation for you. I'll highly advice you that request your employer to raise your salary just for 6 odd months before you apply for your ILR and even if your employer doesn't agree for that big salary rise request them to give you that salary rise for 6 months and then reduce it once you done with your ILR with double the amount of the salary rise so it'll net it off the difference.

To the best of my knowledge and understanding so far the UKBA is really getting stritct on WP and Tier 2 holders for their SOC or COP salaries as we dont have to claim any points to qualify for the ILR. Therefore they make sure that we're meeting the SOC salary requirements which just looks another way of making life difficult for WP and Tier 2 Visa catagory holders. Lucky me that I got promoted finally after working for a period of 4 years and nearly 2 months for the same employer on a WP and at the same position and at a same salary. Other wise God Forbid I'll be also packing my bags and getting ready to take the flight back to home instead of thinking to apply for ILR.

Good luck for your ILR.