ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd extension - Successfully applied in Croydon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pkumar
Member of Standing

2nd extension - Successfully applied in Croydon

Post by pkumar » Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi,

Came on HSMP in 2008.
1st Extension: 2010 valid till 2013.

On the day

- Ground floor - checked the document .. send to First floor for payment.
- Payment made ... told to wait for ticket to be called.
- Ticket called by gentleman of indian origin ... he checked the document and sent me to Biometeric.
- Biometric done in 10 mins.
- told to wait for the ticket to be called.
- finally a case worker called.
- he was of african origin .... nice chap.
- told me if i was employed .. i said yes ... he said great .... told me if i have sheet with salary breakup and xerox .. said NO for both ...
he took 20 mins and told me he is approving it ....

Interesting Fact
- my visa is till July 2013 ... and i told him that i am expecting 3 years of extension .. never mind if it is from today .... he said "I think i can give only 2 years" ... "I said since i am on 2+3 . all my extension should be 3 years?" ... he went to senior and came back saying he can give only 2 years and that too from today ... he told me not to worry and that 2 years will give me 6 years in total and i have enough buffer needed ... He said his senior caseworker told him there is no such rule that extension period should be same for all extensions .. finally I gave up and said fine.

So it COMPLETELY depends on case worker ... I was observing case worker who do things in there own way and have own priority on what they want to see .. e.g. my case worker said he don't want P60 ... he is fine with bank statements and payslips .....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm

On what date did you apply for your first extension (in 2010)?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Thu May 31, 2012 6:33 am

10 April 2010

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 am

Congrates mate....

This is strange though.... Your extension should be for 3 years regardless of your immigration history. As per Tier 1 general rules if your initial leave is for 2 years then the extension should be 3 years. I can understand that they can argue that not all extension could be 3 years but they should atleast give you the first under tier 1 visa as 3 years. I don't know what he/she was thinking....

Anyway, good that you are not affected with this. But really strange decision by case worker....

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: 2nd extension - Successfully applied in Croydon

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu May 31, 2012 9:26 am

pkumar wrote:Hi,

Came on HSMP in 2008.
1st Extension: 2010 valid till 2013.

On the day

- Ground floor - checked the document .. send to First floor for payment.
- Payment made ... told to wait for ticket to be called.
- Ticket called by gentleman of indian origin ... he checked the document and sent me to Biometeric.
- Biometric done in 10 mins.
- told to wait for the ticket to be called.
- finally a case worker called.
- he was of african origin .... nice chap.
- told me if i was employed .. i said yes ... he said great .... told me if i have sheet with salary breakup and xerox .. said NO for both ...
he took 20 mins and told me he is approving it ....

Interesting Fact
- my visa is till July 2013 ... and i told him that i am expecting 3 years of extension .. never mind if it is from today .... he said "I think i can give only 2 years" ... "I said since i am on 2+3 . all my extension should be 3 years?" ... he went to senior and came back saying he can give only 2 years and that too from today ... he told me not to worry and that 2 years will give me 6 years in total and i have enough buffer needed ... He said his senior caseworker told him there is no such rule that extension period should be same for all extensions .. finally I gave up and said fine.

So it COMPLETELY depends on case worker ... I was observing case worker who do things in there own way and have own priority on what they want to see .. e.g. my case worker said he don't want P60 ... he is fine with bank statements and payslips .....
Kumar have you provided any "valid" reason why you are applying early?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 31, 2012 9:34 am

pkumar wrote:10 April 2010
In such case, the caseworker was indeed wrong in granting you leave valid for only 2 years (245CB(a)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Thu May 31, 2012 9:51 pm

I applied early coz first 6 months in 2008 i was away for 5 months ...
BTW: I received my biometric today .... in just 2 days