ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How did you get your CRB and PNC

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bash1oo

How did you get your CRB and PNC

Post by Bash1oo » Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 am

Hi guys,
How did you get your CRB and PNC? I applied for ILR (SET 0) on the 16th of April and later got further 'checks required' letter, stilol waiting for the outcome. I just want to do this to check to ascertain that everything is okay from my end for peace of mind.
Thx
Bash

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 31, 2012 10:07 am

Checking for Unspent Convictions yourself....
For a PNC check, you'll have to make a subject access request directly to the police force in the area where you currently or last resided in the UK.

A basic CRB check will contain all relevant details held on the PNC with regards to criminal convictions. So, you don't need to have both checks done, just one is enough.
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Thu May 31, 2012 1:20 pm

CRB doesn't contain all PNC checks. you need to go to Police station and make a request according to Data Protection Act and pay a small amount of money and fill a form to get all detaila about your self in PNC.

PNC check is better and you will get all criminal convictions including any cautions or ASBO.