ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which starting date should be put in Unrestricted CoS?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

okokok

Which starting date should be put in Unrestricted CoS?

Post by okokok » Thu May 31, 2012 10:37 am

I'm switching my employer (unrestricted CoS), which has finally received quota for this year. My current contract expires on 31-Aug.

If the starting date of CoS will be 1-Sep -- would I be able to work for my current employer till 31-Aug even if the leave will be granted earlier? More important option: if starting date will be 1-Jul -- would I be able to continue working with my current employer till 31-Aug? And finally, if the starting date is 1-Jul, and I receive the leave say on 15-Jul -- does it mean that I will have to terminate my contract immediately and move to my new employer (another side of the UK) immediately? Do they give at least a week of discretion?

We have to agree on the exact starting date, taking into account all these options, and I'm a bit puzzled.

Thanks a lot!

nikolaivisch
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaivisch » Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 am

I have a somewhat similar problem to you and posted a similar question in this section. I hope somebody will be able to clear the matter for us!

sinha

Post by sinha » Thu May 31, 2012 11:10 am

Hi
I think I will answer ur questions

open tier2 visa guidance clause 194 - yes u can only work with current employer until the start date of new COS
it means u have start date on 1st july u cannot work after that with current employer as per the clause

okokok

Post by okokok » Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks a lot sinha

So from this perspecitve it means that it is safer for me to have 31-August as my starting date. But do you know what happens if I will apply for premium service, and get my new leave say at the end of June? Would it mean that my new leave cancels my current leave and I will not be able to work for my current employer ever since (and not be able to work for my new employer either, as the staring date of my CoS will be 31-Aug)?

Could anybody clarify this to me please?

sinha

Post by sinha » Thu May 31, 2012 12:11 pm

My understanding is when u have 31 St as
Start date on Cos how can you technically
Work in July ?