ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FamilyPermit - original passport sent before biometrics?Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nat & owa
Newly Registered

FamilyPermit - original passport sent before biometrics?Help

Post by nat & owa » Tue May 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Hello

My husband is applying for the EEA family permit. I have a small question.

We live in Spain, but not in Madrid. Does he need to send his original passport BEFORE going to Madrid to have the biometrics done? So, we know from spain we do the application online. Do we send the documents in the post at the same time as the online app, or wait until after the biometrics? He was planning to fly to Madrid, so obviously he´l need his passport,

Apologies if this is a no-brainer, but we dont want to go wrong at any stage!

Thanks in advance

vytswp
Newly Registered

Post by vytswp » Tue May 29, 2012 6:13 pm

I would check the website of the company/office collecting the biometric information. For me, it was Worldbridge and their site they indicated that the original passport of the applicant needed to be presented at the biometric appointment.

Also, in my case, a printed version of the online application was submitted with all the documents (passport, etc.) and with a receipt from Worldbridge indicating the biometric info had been collected.

Good luck.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 29, 2012 8:05 pm

Generally original passport is presented when biometrics are taken along with the rest of the application including supporting documents.

Laura721

Re: FamilyPermit - original passport sent before biometrics?

Post by Laura721 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:15 pm

nat & owa wrote:Hello

My husband is applying for the EEA family permit. I have a small question.

We live in Spain, but not in Madrid. Does he need to send his original passport BEFORE going to Madrid to have the biometrics done? So, we know from spain we do the application online. Do we send the documents in the post at the same time as the online app, or wait until after the biometrics? He was planning to fly to Madrid, so obviously he´l need his passport,

Apologies if this is a no-brainer, but we dont want to go wrong at any stage!

Thanks in advance
As we applied in Madrid, I can tell you from experience that you need to apply online, pay the 14 euro fee for courier and then at your biometric appointment just bring passport and all documents with you. You do not send anything prior to this.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed May 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Laura721 wrote:[...I can tell you from experience...
...and from Laura's previous posts...

Bring a good book. You may need to wait.

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:58 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Laura721 wrote:[...I can tell you from experience...
...and from Laura's previous posts...

Bring a good book. You may need to wait.
Ah yes, very good advice!