ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - PEO @ Croydon - 21 May 2012- Biometric Delays

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bajwagr8

ILR - PEO @ Croydon - 21 May 2012- Biometric Delays

Post by Bajwagr8 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi All,

I went to Croydon today for ILR at 13:45 and everything went smoothly. After I went through Biometric enrollment, they announced that they are not getting their results for Biometrics and eventually they asked everyone to submit their docs at 16:45.

They promised that it wouldn't take long for them to call us back but that's not re-assuring after what we've gone through.

I have read this is quite common for Croydon in other posts as well. Any idea of ETA????

Didn't I read in some post that we should sue UK BA for such unreliable system that was intruduced in Feb and yet after 3 months; it is not working. They should either stop BPR and stamp visa on the passports or get a working system......

Anyways, any assuring words from other users who have gone through such delays would be great.

Thanks
Salman.

naeed

Re: ILR - PEO @ Croydon - 21 May 2012- Biometric Delays

Post by naeed » Mon May 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Bajwagr8 wrote:Hi All,

I went to Croydon today for ILR at 13:45 and everything went smoothly. After I went through Biometric enrollment, they announced that they are not getting their results for Biometrics and eventually they asked everyone to submit their docs at 16:45.

They promised that it wouldn't take long for them to call us back but that's not re-assuring after what we've gone through.

I have read this is quite common for Croydon in other posts as well. Any idea of ETA????

Didn't I read in some post that we should sue UK BA for such unreliable system that was intruduced in Feb and yet after 3 months; it is not working. They should either stop BPR and stamp visa on the passports or get a working system......

Anyways, any assuring words from other users who have gone through such delays would be great.

Thanks
Salman.
Another day of scam.
iam victim of such scam on 8 may. :(

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Mon May 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Mine was 7th March :( still waiting

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm

How about a joint legal complain? I am not saying just because I was one of the many unfortunate applicants?

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 pm

I am up for anything at this stage its so frustrating to put life on hold because of their incompetence but not sure how to about it? Do we else do a joint complaint to Ombudsman?

Bajwagr8

Post by Bajwagr8 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:35 am

I agree with rajesh9pl. We should do something and unless we stand up for ourselves, Home Office wouldn't realize this.

A simple sorry from case worker doesn't compensate £800+ extra. And one whole day of misery espesially when someone like me travelling with two infants.

This is simply a scam of getting lot of money and then treat applications just like postal ones.

I don't know any solicitors but if anyone of you have any such contacts we should make a list of all such victims and file a legal complain and ask for compensation.

Any other thoughts, please?

psb

Post by psb » Tue May 22, 2012 10:27 am

I am sure you can take UKBA to a small claims court to reclaim the fee difference.

If someone pays with a credit card, one can try to claim through the credit card first.

Anki
Newly Registered

Post by Anki » Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 am

I am also a victim of the May 21st IT crash.. Hopeflly waiting for UKBA's call :(

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 am

I read somewhere that you can fill a complaint with financial obesument service and get a refund...
I'm supposed to apply in June but I'm scared ... mainly from their unreliable system!!!

psb

Post by psb » Tue May 22, 2012 12:58 pm

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm

nice, these guys are making headlines for all the wrong reasons!!

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:13 pm

I am also a victim of Croydon PEO issue. :( I am planning to take advise from consumer court to get a refund of additional fees paid for the same day service.. but only after I get a visa :wink: .. don't want to put case workers off because of this.
I am not ready to pay for their mistakes. Surely they won't give visa if you forget to attach a document.. so why should I suffer for their problem.
I have sympathy for the guys working in that office though as they face all the heat from applicants but issue is out of their hands. It seems some sort of IT fault.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 22, 2012 2:31 pm

I agree you should take action when your application is through.

Please do let us know procedure to complain is consumer forum and asking refund from UKBA.

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Check out this link.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentc ... /DG_196096

I have taken advice from consumer forum twice so far and they were very helpful and respond within 2 days.

Follow the complaint procedure mentioned in the link and going to the consumer court is really the last option for you.. which is anyways free so no harm in availaing that facility if any of the methods mentioned in the link didn't work for your.

I have managed to get a refund from my credit card company at one occaision where supplier of the services was not ready to respond or give refund.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks alot!

I am very eager to get back refund from Home Office, no doubt about that.

Can I request others who have got the approval and had to wait for weeks for approval to seek refund from UKBA for poor customer service.

If no one complains and claims refund then UKBA will continue to provide pathetic service.

mumchantel
Newly Registered

Post by mumchantel » Wed May 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Anyone know who we can go to for advice ?

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Wed May 23, 2012 4:05 pm

singhmohit wrote:I read somewhere that you can fill a complaint with financial obesument service and get a refund...
I'm supposed to apply in June but I'm scared ... mainly from their unreliable system!!!
That's it..... they know that we are afraid of the big bad wolf (Home Office of course), that's why they continue to treat us like we are nobody, anyways..... Good luck.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

chughh
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - PEO @ Croydon - 21 May 2012- Biometric Delays

Post by chughh » Thu May 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Bajwagr8 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Salman.

Even I was there on 21st May... Same thing happened with me. Actually twice. First my appointment was on 3rd May and got cancelled coz of these shyte sytems. And then was given one 21st May... I had my biometrics around 13.00 and then shorty after that thier sytems were down again... Need to travel soon.. hope i get the passprt and visa soon :S

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:44 am

has anyone tried to enquire about the application status.. if yes.. let me know how.. as I tried to call the enquiry office but they can't tell the status of the application and asked me to wait for 6 months atleast

ajs

Post by ajs » Fri May 25, 2012 12:09 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:Thanks alot!

I am very eager to get back refund from Home Office, no doubt about that.

Can I request others who have got the approval and had to wait for weeks for approval to seek refund from UKBA for poor customer service.

If no one complains and claims refund then UKBA will continue to provide pathetic service.
I agree and waiting to make a complaint. I think we all should do a joint complaint till they feel the pressure.

I have been a victim of May 2nd and still waiting.

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 pm

I had received a call from Croydon PEO on 28th (after a week of applying for ILR) that my appliation is successful and they would be posting the documents (as I opted for it).

But today is the 4th day and I haven't yet received anything. Any idea how log does it usually take these guys to send the documents. As I should get alarmed if docs were posted on Tuesday and I haven't received it yet.

Bajwagr8

Post by Bajwagr8 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:30 pm

@ shishir30 - you are lucky to get call after a week. I have also applied on 21st May and didn't get any call yet.

You should have had documents by now. As it is mentioned in few other posts that they use Special Devlivery. Perhaps you will get that by tomorrow.

Congratulations anyway. :)

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 pm

No sure if they use special delivery. I just called the UKBA call center (option 2 for return of documents) and they told me 2nd class normal (not even recorded) delivery is used to send these documents unless we have provided self addressed special delivery envelop.
Ofcourse when someone apply in person, they do not expect to get the documents back in post, so no such special delivery envelope was provided.

When I received a call from Croydon, I forgot to ask in the excitement that which delivery method they are going to use and if there is an option to pay extra on phone to get it delivered using special delivery.

Probably may be the something for you guys to check when you will receive a call.. just for the peace of mind as there is nothing worse than losing all of your important original documents.

I would wait till tomorrow before I get worried as Royal Mail usually loses 7% of their normal post (as per one of the documentary) :-( and I have lost 3 posts so far in last 6 years.

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Finally got the documents back yestarday 1st June i.e. after two weeks of applying in Croydon PEO... so it isn't that bad for me. Biometric should arrive soon.

Documents were posted using 2nd class recorded delivery. Well word "recorded" just seems useless as you cannot track the item until few days when it is delivered. Also, in my case, postman has just left the document in the letter box rather than ringing the door bell.. so what is the point of "recorded".. I am still waiting for Royal Mail to post the delivery status on their website as I wanted to see if they actually post the signature of person who has received the documents. Because obviously in my case, nobody has received the documents so if either postman may have signed himself :-) or just left it blank.

Anyhow, I didn't find it much safe for Croydon to post such important documents with the "2nd class post" !! I wish special delivery cost should have been covered in the enormous fees they charge or I am ready to pay another 6-8 quids extra in the fees itself for them to post the docs using more secure delivery.. but it seems they are least concerned about this fact.

So, just to set the expectation, I applied on 21st, received call from Croydon on 28th about application successful, they acutally posted docs 2 days later i.e. 30th and I received it on 1st June. Biometric will be posted in 7-10 working days (as per the letter attached with my documents).