ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have bought a business in the UK. Need advise.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

regatta
Newly Registered

I have bought a business in the UK. Need advise.

Post by regatta » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:15 pm

Hi,

While on a travel visa, I have bought a running business along with residence in the UK. I wish to know if I can legally stay and work here in my own business and what changes are required regarding my legal stay status? Please guide me what should I do? Thanks :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:50 pm

Have a read of the INF 10 Guidance Notes.

It might come down to how much capital you have available.
John

antontony

Post by antontony » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:40 pm

You cannot buy a residence in the UK. You have to "live" it.

Unless you fall under the exception rule for investors. Investors can switch from visitor visas into investor visas.

Have you invested 1M/2M into the government bonds in the UK already ?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:09 am

You cannot buy a residence in the UK.
I think he means he has bought a house, or flat. In which case there is of course no exchange control and he is perfectly able to make that purchase.

However having the legal right to live in that place, well that is a totally different matter.
John

regatta
Newly Registered

Post by regatta » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Actually I have bought a Grocery store along with residence over it. Its a running business. What I wish to know is as to how I can change my status to legal stay and do this business in the UK? My investment falls below the required investment for investor immigration. Please shed light on my case. Thanks :)

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:42 pm

I don't think the answer is any different from that given when you asked the question about buying property in the UK, in November - here
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....