ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit from inside UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fatefull

EEA family permit from inside UK?

Post by fatefull » Thu May 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Hello!

I'm getting married on 19 June in London, England. I met my husband here in London when we both came here to study two years ago. He is a EEA national and I am here on a student visa, which expires 6 days after our marriage takes place. From ukba website I understood that EEA family permit is a entry clearance and usually applied for from outside the UK. Does this mean I will have to leave first when my visa expires and apply for the EEA family permit back in Russia where I am from? Or can I still apply here in UK? And how long would it take to be processed? My husband will continue to stay in London, because he doesn't finish his study till the end of the year.

Thank you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 31, 2012 8:26 pm

Once in the UK and if you qualify, you can apply for a RC directly using EEA2 form. No need to leave the country, no need for an entry visa (since you are here).

Bing

Re: EEA family permit from inside UK?

Post by Bing » Thu May 31, 2012 8:27 pm

fatefull wrote:Hello!

I'm getting married on 19 June in London, England. I met my husband here in London when we both came here to study two years ago. He is a EEA national and I am here on a student visa, which expires 6 days after our marriage takes place. From ukba website I understood that EEA family permit is a entry clearance and usually applied for from outside the UK. Does this mean I will have to leave first when my visa expires and apply for the EEA family permit back in Russia where I am from? Or can I still apply here in UK? And how long would it take to be processed? My husband will continue to stay in London, because he doesn't finish his study till the end of the year.

Thank you.
I think you just need to apply residence card to continue stay in UK. Just apply from UK, don't need to go back..

Good luck!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 31, 2012 8:28 pm

The EEA FP is only necessary to get into the UK. You are alrady in the UK so you don't need anything. However, to make matters clear about your status (to employers, NHS etc) after the marriage, you can apply for a residence card using EEA2. This will be valid for five years.

fatefull

Post by fatefull » Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Although EEA Family Permit when issued is valid for the 6 months. And my current visa is until the 24th June.
Are you saying that if I apply for the residence card I can continue staying in UK when application is still in process?
Or does marriage status when marriage took place in UK considers to have same value as EEA family permit?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 pm

From the 19th of June you will be an EU family member. No overstay, no need to worry.