ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 9:04 pm

I am sure that after FEB & March get responses this week and next week then the rest should hear shortly.

Jerry's advised my wife today that applicant times are now only 6 weeks for settlement visa. However it is a long painstaking wait ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thanks

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Also may I ask will they phone my employer in the UK or not please anyone let me know.

Also do they contact the Landlord/lady as I have rented accomadation so me and my wife can move in together.

Thanks

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:08 pm

HaroonAli wrote:I am sure that after FEB & March get responses this week and next week then the rest should hear shortly.

Jerry's advised my wife today that applicant times are now only 6 weeks for settlement visa. However it is a long painstaking wait ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thanks
You need to ignore the time scales that Gerrys staff give people because they really don't have a clue. They said to my Wife she will get a reply within 4 weeks. Its all upto the BHC so its best to just wait patiently.

Yes the ECO may contact your employers if they feel they need to undertake more checks due to unsatisfied paperwork etc..
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Wed May 30, 2012 9:18 pm

HaroonAli wrote:Also may I ask will they phone my employer in the UK or not please anyone let me know.

Also do they contact the Landlord/lady as I have rented accomadation so me and my wife can move in together.

Thanks
They wil defo contact your employer and more than likely they will look at your living status....These are very important to the BHC as you need to prove you can provide for your partner for 2 years.

Also you made a comment about 6 weeks waiting time.... so far I have not seen anyone get a visa in 6 weeks even if they say it. I would advise you don't get your hopes up there is no knowing what happens behind the Bhc. Just stay patient and like everyone else just wait and see

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:22 pm

zully wrote:
HaroonAli wrote:Also may I ask will they phone my employer in the UK or not please anyone let me know.

Thanks
They wil defo contact your employer and more than likely they will look at your living status....These are very important to the BHC as you need to prove you can provide for your partner for 2 years.

Also you made a comment about 6 weeks waiting time.... so far I have not seen anyone get a visa in 6 weeks even if they say it. I would advise you don't get your hopes up there is no knowing what happens behind the Bhc. Just stay patient and like everyone else just wait and see

Zully
i dont think they contact every employer. it depends on what evidence you provide

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Wed May 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Is it acceptable for me to fill in the online form on behalf of my wife (the applicant)?

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 pm

r4sh1d wrote:Is it acceptable for me to fill in the online form on behalf of my wife (the applicant)?
yes it is acceptable. that is what i am going to do

RAHIM
Newly Registered

Post by RAHIM » Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Yes NAZIA that's true. Came as bit of a surprise to me as well cuz I applied before. So will let u know the outcome tomorrow. It's ready for collection between 2-3pm tomorrow.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 pm

RAHIM wrote:Yes NAZIA that's true. Came as bit of a surprise to me as well cuz I applied before. So will let u know the outcome tomorrow. It's ready for collection between 2-3pm tomorrow.
All the best bro, I will be waiting to hear the outcome, insha'allah your bro's wife visa is granted.

Btw did you both have a double wedding? Got married in the same month and submitted your papers different times? (Just curious lol)
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

RAHIM
Newly Registered

Post by RAHIM » Wed May 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Yeh it was a double wedding....I applied a couple of days before.....didn't apply together....So let's see wha happenz !!!

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 11:14 pm

A/O/A

I have provided for my employment a lot of evidence but however I have heard sometimes they ask if it is unsuitable but all details have been provided.

I provided the following below.

1. Employment Letter by employer informing I work there.
2. Wage Slips & P45 (Approx 20 Wage Slips)
3. Bank statement showing the wage coming in.
4. Contract of employment and offer of employment for wife.
5. Wage Slips by the employer which have been certified as orignals.

I hope this is enough as I did do the extra work to make sure.

Thanks

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Anyway let's see what happens as I have submitted it and it is a very solid case as I have showed bank balance of £3000.00 & also my wife has showed balance of 25,000PKR so I want it accepted first time as already a long wait and now I am feeling the pressure getting anxious lol not even been a day.

Thanks

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu May 31, 2012 7:16 am

king2be98 wrote:
syma wrote:The letter u got does it specifically mention the exact date I.e deadline if not than it could just be a FYI letter.
Yes it does mention a date, the date is exactly 19 weeks after the letter was printed off.

Our date is in the first week of October.
Thats great weel even tho they are taking more than 5months now, its still better to atleast know the dates than dont.

Zully dont b worried about recieving the notice of appeal too much, one member here applied in march and got the letter towards end of May but the deadline was still for aug i.e 5months from the date of submission of appeal, so i am thinking it doesnt affect the deadline given to us.
visa-grante:25.10.12

nafeesah87
Newly Registered

Post by nafeesah87 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:34 am

Hi I just started a new thread it's the student hubby being refused entry and was just looking to ask for any opinions or advice on our situation. I can detail again but is already written. He's gone back to Pakistan this morning and will start the application later today/ tomorrow I guess. Just a bit confused as to what to do now. I'm really glad to see this forum and this thread especially is quite active so look forward to hearing from someone shedding the light on the application process etc.

sadaf
Newly Registered

Post by sadaf » Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 am

i hav been goin through this forum for the last few days as im intendin to submit my spouse visa application next month....in the middle of collecting documents..i read in the last few post that u hav to fill the form in electronic form n print it out.....i m unaware of this could ne one plz throw sum light on this....would b helpful for new ones like me

thanxx
reply awaited!

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 am

sadaf wrote:i hav been goin through this forum for the last few days as im intendin to submit my spouse visa application next month....in the middle of collecting documents..i read in the last few post that u hav to fill the form in electronic form n print it out.....i m unaware of this could ne one plz throw sum light on this....would b helpful for new ones like me

thanxx
reply awaited!
Yes u will need to complete the application form on line and then submit the supporting documents at gerrys. You can go on ukba Pakistan website that has more detailed information about competing from online.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 am

sadaf wrote:i hav been goin through this forum for the last few days as im intendin to submit my spouse visa application next month....in the middle of collecting documents..i read in the last few post that u hav to fill the form in electronic form n print it out.....i m unaware of this could ne one plz throw sum light on this....would b helpful for new ones like me

thanxx
reply awaited!
Yes u will need to complete the application form on line and then submit the supporting documents at gerrys. You can go on ukba Pakistan website that has more detailed information about competing from online.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Thu May 31, 2012 11:01 am

syma wrote:
king2be98 wrote:
syma wrote:The letter u got does it specifically mention the exact date I.e deadline if not than it could just be a FYI letter.
Yes it does mention a date, the date is exactly 19 weeks after the letter was printed off.

Our date is in the first week of October.
Thats great weel even tho they are taking more than 5months now, its still better to atleast know the dates than dont.

Zully dont b worried about recieving the notice of appeal too much, one member here applied in march and got the letter towards end of May but the deadline was still for aug i.e 5months from the date of submission of appeal, so i am thinking it doesnt affect the deadline given to us.

I have decided i am not going to worry. I am just gonna take every day as it comes one day he will come back. This is just too long and silly nothing is straight forward.

zully
visa stamped?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 am

HaroonAli wrote:Anyway let's see what happens as I have submitted it and it is a very solid case as I have showed bank balance of £3000.00 & also my wife has showed balance of 25,000PKR so I want it accepted first time as already a long wait and now I am feeling the pressure getting anxious lol not even been a day.

Thanks

Haroon.... as long as you have given all the documents then you should be fine. Dont just get your hopes up just sit back and wait. Everybody wants the perfect outcome first time but some time BHC can reject on the simplist of things.

Best of luck

Zully
visa stamped?

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Thu May 31, 2012 12:07 pm

HaroonAli wrote:Anyway let's see what happens as I have submitted it and it is a very solid case as I have showed bank balance of £3000.00 & also my wife has showed balance of 25,000PKR so I want it accepted first time as already a long wait and now I am feeling the pressure getting anxious lol not even been a day.

Thanks
Any news on your bro's wife visa yet? Has she gone to pick it up? Insha'allah it will be stamped.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:57 pm

thanxx
reply awaited!
go to UKBA website.There is a link of forms. first few questions will be asked from you and then you will be shown the form. after dat fill it completely and correctly. take a printout, sign it. book an appointment with gerrys and submit your application.

Best of luck sis.
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm

nafeesah87 wrote:Hi I just started a new thread it's the student hubby being refused entry and was just looking to ask for any opinions or advice on our situation. I can detail again but is already written. He's gone back to Pakistan this morning and will start the application later today/ tomorrow I guess. Just a bit confused as to what to do now. I'm really glad to see this forum and this thread especially is quite active so look forward to hearing from someone shedding the light on the application process etc.

Ahhhhh!!!! looks like same case as me:(
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Thu May 31, 2012 4:30 pm

thanxx
reply awaited!
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ Go to this site and follow the instructions. Print out the online form and you have to sign it as well.

RAHIM
Newly Registered

Post by RAHIM » Thu May 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Nazia my bro's wife has got her visa granted allhumdullilah. Her response was quick considering only applied 01/03/2012

Jus hoping to find out too soon...

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Congrats thats good news.

I guess your Bros paperwork must have not needed some depth investigations.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12