ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Approved, error in points awarded.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

O_Relly

Tier 1 Approved, error in points awarded.

Post by O_Relly » Thu May 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Hello,

This morning I walked into Croydon PEO and collected my documents along with my approval letter. I am yet to receive my BRP.

Looking at the approval letter, they have erroneously awarded me 10 points for age, instead of 20. Points for other attributes are awarded correctly.

I had claimed,

Age - 20
Qualification - 35
Earnings - 45
UK Exp - 5

The approval letter states how much I had claimed and how much I was awarded for each section. It said, I had claimed 10 for age and was awarded 10. I am 100% sure, I had claimed for 20 points for age in my application form, also that was what I was awarded for my initial entry clearance.

Now the big mistake I made was I did not attach a printout of the Points based calculator summary sheet with my application.

I noticed they had attached a printout of the points based calculator summary sheet along with my approval letter, and I realised the case worker had made 2 mistakes while filling it up.

1. Age said 10 instead of 20.
2. Date of my first successful application: Here it had the date of my 1st entry clearance (visa validity date) , instead of the date my application was made (the date I actually applied / made the payment of visa fee in the VFS office)

Now, I am worried that these 2 facts are recorded incorrectly in their database and might pose a problem during my next extension ?

Should I write to them to let them that I was awarded 10 points instead of 20 for my age and also mentioning my initial application date ?

Is there a way I can do this ? An address where I can write to ?

Kindly advice please.

Cheers,
OR.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Don't worry. Just because a caseworker has written something inaccurate in an approval letter isn't a big issue. At the time of next extension / settlement, fill in the form appropriately ... it will be fine.

If you still wish to clarify, write to address given on your approval letter and address it to the person who has signed the approval letter.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu May 31, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta, that's reassuring. However, I think I will write back to the case worker, just for the record.

and I did fill up the form correctly, just that I didn't add the points based summary sheet, which I shall do next time :)

Thanks again.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Same mistake is done with age points for me as well for extension approved on 19 May. I attached initial letter approval with my application. I have written back to UKBA pointing this mistake for correcting their record. Even with incorrect points, I exceed the minimum points required. I hope that they will correct their record.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu May 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I just noticed that in the approval letter 1st page where they have addressed me, with my home address, they have entered my building name as something different as in, the flat number, road, location and post code are all correct, but the building name is entirely different and is another building in the same road.

Can't believe how they can make such a careless mistake !! Now my BRP will be delivered to that address, with no such person residing there !!! :(

I plan to walk into the Croydon PEO again tomorrow and request for ROD to let them know about this error. I hope this is possible.

Has this happened to anyone else ? Any suggestions?

microhorror
Newly Registered

Post by microhorror » Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

I have received approval letter with no reference number. Luckily I have the reference on the receipt but this speaks of the level of attention to details.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:38 am

O_Relly wrote:I just noticed that in the approval letter 1st page where they have addressed me, with my home address, they have entered my building name as something different as in, the flat number, road, location and post code are all correct, but the building name is entirely different and is another building in the same road.

Can't believe how they can make such a careless mistake !! Now my BRP will be delivered to that address, with no such person residing there !!! :(

I plan to walk into the Croydon PEO again tomorrow and request for ROD to let them know about this error. I hope this is possible.

Has this happened to anyone else ? Any suggestions?
I know atleast one case where postcode was wrong but other address details were correct. They have received their approval and cards.

me786

Mistake in approval letter

Post by me786 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:16 am

I recently had a peo in Glasgow and after i received the approval letter, i realized that it had no reference number. When i raised this with the case worker he checked the same and wrote the reference number with hands on the approval letter instead of issuing a new one.

After leaving the ukba office i realized they had made another error with awarding me points for my qualification as well. I had claimed 30 points for qualification (same as my initial application) and had submitted the pbs calculator summary as well but i guess that was of no help.

I am not sure if i should highlight this to UKBA in some way. I think this is more like a manual error by the case worker while issuing the approval letter. Anyone with any helpful information do share with the forum.

me786

Post by me786 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:36 am

microhorror wrote:I have received approval letter with no reference number. Luckily I have the reference on the receipt but this speaks of the level of attention to details.
The reference number mentioned on the payment receipt is different from the case reference number. The case reference number is an 8 digit number whereas the payment ref num will be 12 char long with first 3 char as alphabets.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:47 am

Stop whining folks ! You have your extensions approved and that's what matters.
Give me more Karma (+)

me786

Post by me786 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 am

QuickSam wrote:Stop whining folks ! You have your extensions approved and that's what matters.
Nicely put :-) imp thing is to get the approval :-)

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:15 am

QuickSam wrote:Stop whining folks ! You have your extensions approved and that's what matters.
As long as people does not suffer because of this issue then it is acceptable upto some extent.

But what if someone extension is denied because of this? In future, if UKBA consider extension points as benchmark during ILR? If something is wrong then it is wrong and people must notify this mistake to UKBA. Atleast I will do.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:27 am

Ok, walked in back to ROD and pointed out the error in my address in my approval letter, the lady looked up the system and said that is the address in their system, then I showed her my bank statement with my correct address.

She then spoke to another colleague who then told me that they won't be able to help, but I should write to the website provided in the approval letter. She was pointing out to the e-mail id BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I told her I don't have the case reference number as it is not provided in the approval letter, she then looked up the system and wrote down a 8 digit number.

Don't know how much of help it will be to write to the above email, as the instructions say, I should write to them only if its been more than 10 days and I haven't received my BRP, my case is different as the address in their records is wrong. Not sure if they are going to come back and say they can't deal with correcting errors in the system and I have to contact someone else !!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 am

manojk005 wrote:
As long as people does not suffer because of this issue then it is acceptable upto some extent.

But what if someone extension is denied because of this? In future, if UKBA consider extension points as benchmark during ILR? If something is wrong then it is wrong and people must notify this mistake to UKBA. Atleast I will do.
Agree ! Think it is better to let them know about the correction for the record. Which address did you write to ? Please post if you hear back from them.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:38 pm

I posted a letter informing mistake in awarding points to the address on the top right corner of the approval letter, which is UKBA, PO Box - 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA. Hopefully I will get reply in next 1 or 2 months :lol:

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

I have received the updated approval letter accompanied with a cover letter citing administrative error for awarding wrong points. They have also updated their record. It tooks neary 4 weeks for this.