ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RAHIM
Newly Registered

Post by RAHIM » Thu May 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks Shade. I was thinking that could possibly be the case cuz his paper work was a lot less compared too mine.

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Thu May 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Has anyone else has updated as I would have though February applicants should have heard by now as that is more than 60 working days.

Thanks

RAHIM
Newly Registered

Post by RAHIM » Thu May 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Is Gerry's closed on monday tuesday too for bank holidays?

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Thu May 31, 2012 10:38 pm

It looks like sometime luck has a lot of part.

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Thu May 31, 2012 10:39 pm

Indeed they are closed for the Jubliee weekend and this is stated on there website.

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HaroonAli » Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 pm

After my wife submitting the applicant now my mind is saying please hurry up as it is very hard to wait. Before it was not a problem but now lol it is stressing me out as I want it to happen ASAP.

KYA ZINDAGI HAIN YEH KYA KUNOON HAIN YEH

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Thu May 31, 2012 11:07 pm

RAHIM wrote:Is Gerry's closed on monday tuesday too for bank holidays?
Yes it's a holiday on Monday and Tuesday, my solicitor contacted bhc today with regard to processing of application let's see wot happens. Just seems to be taking longer than normal, even December and January applicants were generally in 60s and early 70s. The annoying thing is no update on the delay on the website either.

trixk1d
Newly Registered

Post by trixk1d » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 am

I Hope they give positive response before Ramadan

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:34 am

Service standards
We have service standards for processing UK visa applications in Pakistan. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date; and
95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.
Please note that we define one week as 5 working days.

If our visa processing service is experiencing delays, we will publish a news story on this website to explain what is happening. You can find recent news stories on the right side of this page.

If we have taken more than 3 weeks (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can email the Gerry's, who will forward your email to us for reply.

You can find their contact details on the Gerry's in Pakistan website. We will not respond to your enquiry if you contact us before this time has elapsed. 

Has anybody contacted gerrys to find out about the delay, I would say everybody over 3 months 12 weeks to email gerrys and query with them as states on ukba website.

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:00 am

could give it a try but i bet gerrys will get that reply too about it still being under process and the applicant shall be contacted as soon as a decision is made

but still i guess no harm in trying as gerrys usually reply within the same day
Application Submitted:12/03/12
Under Process At BHC: 26/03/12

[Moderator edit: Forum language is English]

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 am

Shatif wrote:Service standards
We have service standards for processing UK visa applications in Pakistan. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date; and
95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.

If our visa processing service is experiencing delays, we will publish a news story on this website to explain what is happening. You can find recent news stories on the right side of this page.

If we have taken more than 3 weeks (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can email the Gerry's, who will forward your email to us for reply.

You can find their contact details on the Gerry's in Pakistan website. We will not respond to your enquiry if you contact us before this time has elapsed. 

Has anybody contacted gerrys to find out about the delay, I would say everybody over 3 months 12 weeks to email gerrys and query with them as states on ukba website.
Bro, i sent emails to gerrys, uk homeland, uk embassy in islamabad but no response:-(. So just be patient and relax one day or other the decision has to come:-)
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12

m3y

Post by m3y » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 am

People who have gone over the 3 month mark should definitly email both gerrys and bhc. They need to give answers as to why there is so many delays, and without people complaining that will not happen.

If I miss deadlines at work I have to explain myself l, why is it any different for the ukba?
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:18 am

RAHIM wrote:Hi Nazia my bro's wife has got her visa granted allhumdullilah. Her response was quick considering only applied 01/03/2012

Jus hoping to find out too soon...
Alhamdulillah good news.

Your's will be next. Tell you bro's wife to wait for until your wife gets the visa then they can both come to England together.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:28 am

waqashabib1 wrote:
Shatif wrote:Service standards

Bro, i sent emails to gerrys, uk homeland, uk embassy in islamabad but no response:-(. So just be patient and relax one day or other the decision has to come:-)
Waqas I would email them like m3y said we need to know wot the delay s as no updates on website

Email the manager with reference to service standards and be a bit firm.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:10 am

Hi guys this is just a thought..........
it seems strange that so many people have not had response, what if they just havent changed ppl's status, why dont you get your partners just to call gerry's and see if your passports are there. maybe thats where the issue is. it might be worth a try.

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

som1984

Post by som1984 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:15 am

i hope to have my wifes visa application handed in this month but it seems that it will be 4 months before we here a reply. they seem to be taking longer and longer :(

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:23 am

som1984 wrote:i hope to have my wifes visa application handed in this month but it seems that it will be 4 months before we here a reply. they seem to be taking longer and longer :(
Time does pass... it seem hard now but once she hands it in watch the time go by and before you know it you will be togeathe. I always say its not the time it takes... its the right answer that you want to pray for

Zully
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

som1984

Post by som1984 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:28 am

zully wrote:
som1984 wrote:i hope to have my wifes visa application handed in this month but it seems that it will be 4 months before we here a reply. they seem to be taking longer and longer :(
Time does pass... it seem hard now but once she hands it in watch the time go by and before you know it you will be togeathe. I always say its not the time it takes... its the right answer that you want to pray for

Zully
i think you may be right. i will only know once it has been handed in.

on another note, my father owns a business and he had one of his employees applying for a visa for their spouse. apparently he received a call from islamabad to confirm that this person was employed at my fathers business. i always thought this was done in abu dhabi but apparently not!!!

*Y3NVY*

Post by *Y3NVY* » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 am

zully wrote:

Zully
agree with zully..pray the answer is a good one...when hubby first submitted his application i was counting days..working out the holidays ...counting the weeks and i was getting so stressed that my little boy was growing without his dad..but all that stress got me no where..i even lost count of days..i just said to myself ive left everything to Allah swt...whatever the outcome it will be best for me

HDar
Newly Registered

Post by HDar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Sumitted Application 25/05/2012
Forwarded to Islamabad OC 25/05/2012

It takes 3 and half months on average to get a reply my cousin submitted her application at the end of Jan she got her visa in May..

Good Luck to All...

dolphin10
- thin ice -

Family Friends

Post by dolphin10 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 pm

I am helping a couple with their spouse application.
They went to Gerry's at the Lahore branch yesterday where they were
charged 3000 rupees for inspection of their papers. They were told that an agent would look at their documents and ring them for an appointment next Tuesday.
Having read on the forum here that Gerry's office is closed on Monday and Tuesday, I advised my friends that they should contact the agent and request an appointment for Wednesday or Thursday.
Can someone who has been through the procedure advise whether the agent at Gerrys should have given them a date for appointment there and then as the couple is based in Faisalabad.
I have read elsewhere that there should be no charge for the appointment, so where does this figure of 3000 rupees come from.
Thanks in advance

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:30 pm

♥ Every blessing is a test and every test is a blessing ♥ Alhamdullilah
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

*Y3NVY*

Re: Family Friends

Post by *Y3NVY* » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:40 pm

dolphin10 wrote:I am helping a couple with their spouse application.
They went to Gerry's at the Lahore branch yesterday where they were
charged 3000 rupees for inspection of their papers. They were told that an agent would look at their documents and ring them for an appointment next Tuesday.
Having read on the forum here that Gerry's office is closed on Monday and Tuesday, I advised my friends that they should contact the agent and request an appointment for Wednesday or Thursday.
Can someone who has been through the procedure advise whether the agent at Gerrys should have given them a date for appointment there and then as the couple is based in Faisalabad.
I have read elsewhere that there should be no charge for the appointment, so where does this figure of 3000 rupees come from.
Thanks in advance
hey i may be wrong but as far as i know hubby never had to pay anything at gerrys other tjan the application fee...he only paid an additional 200 rupees for the text alert servixe and thats optional...and ive never heard of them sending people back to come another day after taking money from them :?

Newly Registered

appeal

Post by new member » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Zully or any1 who can help,

i have a question which i am hoping you can help. I recieved a letter from Tribunial (liecester) today saying we need to pay £140 appeal fee before our appeal gets processed. my hubby apealed 28th april 2012 from pakistan,i assumed he paid the fee but didnt so i am going to pay it today. How long will it take for money to be processed? i am assuming they are working on 28th april as they hve already sent us letter asking payment. when do you think it will go back to dhuabi?

visa rejected one 1 ground (no english test certificate provided):25th april
appealed:28th april

waqashabib1

Post by waqashabib1 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:02 pm

zully wrote:Hi guys this is just a thought..........
it seems strange that so many people have not had response, what if they just havent changed ppl's status, why dont you get your partners just to call gerry's and see if your passports are there. maybe thats where the issue is. it might be worth a try.

Zully
I have also tried this..lolz:-)
Application Submitted: 17/02/12
Application under process at BHC: 01/03/12