ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advice and Help!!Complex situation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Please Advice and Help!!Complex situation

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm after some advise due to compleax situation
I'm a British Citizen, My wife who is a malawian national has been granted ILR last year a a spouse.

My wife was born in UK on 08/06/1990, but her parents at the time were not settled therefore not eligible for British Passport, However for same strange reason, DOB in her malawian passport is recorded as 09/06/
1990.(1 day out)

During her time in UK, her father used her UK Birth certificate to open bank account and get National Insurance number and also NHS records.

My question is if we apply for British naturalisation, as a good character requirement, If the Home Office contact the other organisations, her DOB will be out by a day as to whats recorded on her malawian passport.

We are really stressed out and don't know how to resolve the situation??
Shal we contact National Insurance and Nhs dept first and change the DOB to whats on the passport before applying??

Or should be refarin from applying from Naturalisation, and this can be classified as deception?

There was no reason for her father to use UK Birth Certificate as sha has been IN UK lawfully since she arrived in 2007.

Any help and advise much much appreciated as we dont know what to do

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Just to clarify above situation, I knew she was born in UK but I didn't realise until now her DOB is one day out...

When I queried with her dad, Why use slightly diff DOB on her malawian passport, he replied in african countries such as malawi admin errors do occur regularly as there systems are not computerised and indeed her passport is hand-written, when the passport was issued he didint bother rectifying at the time as he didn't realise it could create problem.

I'm really stressed out and really don't know what to do, so please please any advise and help on the situation would be kindly appreciated

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 31, 2012 10:25 pm

If the fault is with the Malawian authorities, then sort it out with them.

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:23 am

Hey Jamboo,

Thanks for the reply....

Not easy to sort out with the malawian authorities as will need to go back to malawi and get it done there, not possible to do from here...

If we apply for British naturalisation and disclose this DOB error, would that not be sufficient??? rather than get a new malawian passport...atleast we won't have the hassle to deal with them